Talking to girls with headphones on at the gym

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
What the heck do you guys do when you want to talk to a chick at the gym but she always has headphones on? I don't want to poke their shoulder or something stupid. The other day I was going to mouth "You're going to go deaf." and then when she takes them off and says, "What?" mouth it again as if she was just to flirt a little bit. Or just move my mouth a bunch to make it look like I'm saying something and hope she will take her headphones off.

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
To be honest, I believe the people who wear headphones in the gym are the ones that do not wish to be bothered...flirted with or otherwise. Maybe going up to her after her workout and introducing yourself with some conversation would be the best approach.

PumpingIron

Awards
  • Established
what if she has them on pause? you'll look like an idiot...

...I agree with Jay, I mean thats the reason I have my ipod on...

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I don't care who it is-friend, coworker, girl, random douchebag-I hate it when people come up to me while I am training.

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I think it's purely because the music sucks; which is why I wear mine. She's always going up to the front desk between sets and talking to the people working.

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I don't care who it is-friend, coworker, girl, random douchebag-I hate it when people come up to me while I am training.
Ya, I understand, but that's us. This is a cardio-bunny we are talking about.

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Catch her when she makes her way to the desk or the water fountain etc. We've had a poll here where the women hate it as much as us for the most part, when they are spoken to during their training.

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Plus if you already think her workout is less than meaningful than yours, you've already set yourself up for failure

supersoldier

supersoldier

She thinks my traps'rrrr sexy!
Awards
  • Established
While I agree with "don't bother me while I'm training/have my earbuds in", do what you gotta do. I don't want random fags tapping me on the shoulder asking my why my lateral delts are so big, but if a hot ass girl came by and motioned for me to take out my earbuds and talk to her I'd be all :box: :box: :box: :food: :D.

If you think you have a decent chance w/ the chick by the way she's been looking at you or whatever, then go about it however you feel comfortable.

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
See, this is the exact problem.

Let's say she did have her headphones on because she was real into her workout and doesn't want people talking to her; when do you have the time of day? How is it possible to approach these people? It seems kind of sucker to know you could have met a really cool and interesting person but you never approached them because they had on their headphones.

And that goes both ways. I'm never going to avoid someone during a workout like that. I've never had a problem saying, "I'll be right back. I have to get this set in." 30 seconds into a conversation.

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
While I agree with "don't bother me while I'm training/have my earbuds in", do what you gotta do. I don't want random fags tapping me on the shoulder asking my why my lateral delts are so big, but if a hot ass girl came by and motioned for me to take out my earbuds and talk to her I'd be all :box: :box: :box: :food: :D.

If you think you have a decent chance w/ the chick by the way she's been looking at you or whatever, then go about it however you feel comfortable.
Exactly. Anybody that tells an attractive girl, "Get out of here, ***** - I have to deadlift." has a serious problem.

supersoldier

supersoldier

Awards
  • Established
Exactly. Anybody that tells an attractive girl, "Get out of here, ***** - I have to deadlift." has a serious problem.
Yeah either that or just growls or snarls at em and goes on their way. :rofl:

Chad

Chad

Banned
Awards
  • Established
i hate when people bother me while i`m lifting but if you feel like you HAVE to talk to this girl then do it while she is on the tread mill or some other cardio. OR wait till she is done and talk to her before she leaves.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Unless your lifting is a vital element towards your profession. I usually just explain that this is not just a hobby for me, but it helps me to pay the bills. If you want to chat, then give me your number and we can go from there.

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
Just go up to the girl, grab the wire and pull her headphone out and say 'hi'. simple as that.

xjsynx

xjsynx

Awards
Nah, the real gym wh0res don't wear head phones. So, she is basiclly hanging this sign off her ass

Palo Alto Labs

Palo Alto Labs

Dave
Awards
  • Established
best thing to do...

wait for her in the parking lot and hide behind her car... when she goes to open the door.. jump out of the shadows and introduce yourself...!!!

chicks love that

:D

and yes this was a joke

supersoldier

supersoldier

Awards
  • Established
best thing to do...

wait for her in the parking lot and hide behind her car... when she goes to open the door.. jump out of the shadows and crack her in the head with a lead pipe...!!!

chicks love that

:nono: :D

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
best thing to do...

wait for her in the parking lot and hide behind her car... when she goes to open the door.. jump out of the shadows and introduce yourself...!!!

chicks love that

I am assuming that assulting women represents company Palo Alto Lab's view towards women huh ?

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
If you're joking it helps to add something that shows you're joking. If you're not then I think you have over stepped your bounds a bit. A person's view doesn't have to represent the company for one and two, I don't think anyone would take that as a serious statement.

xjsynx

xjsynx

Awards
best thing to do...

chicks love that

Sounds like he has followed her to her car already....

Jstrong20

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
best thing to do...

chicks love that

Horrilbe advice! don't listen to him. Its obvious he lacks any social ability because he is always working on bringing out good products. Anyway what you want to do is follow her home and go through her garbage, mail, magazine supscriptions etc. That way you know what she likes.lol Just don't get caught because I find this can hinder your chances somewhat.

Palo Alto Labs

Palo Alto Labs

Dave
Awards
  • Established
If you're joking it helps to add something that shows you're joking. If you're not then I think you have over stepped your bounds a bit. A person's view doesn't have to represent the company for one and two, I don't think anyone would take that as a serious statement.
hey man i put the :D at the bottom figuring that people would realize that its a joke! sorry its just my sarcastic nature... i figured everyone would realize that it was a joke

Jstrong20

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
:stick:
hey man i put the :D at the bottom figuring that people would realize that its a joke! sorry its just my sarcastic nature... i figured everyone would realize that it was a joke
Good thing I found this out now. I was on my way out to try this and even had a few excluded locations picked out as I thought it would add to the effect.lol

Funny true story: One time I popped out from behind my girlfreinds car and yeld as loud and as deep as I could. Haha I thought she was going to keel over dead on the spot. She was so scared she didn't run or scream and was froze in place. I actually felt a little bad because I didn't dream of scaring somebody that much but I can laugh about it now.

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
Yes, I knew it was a joke and I was adding my own humor as well.

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'd just leave her alone, if shes lonely and needs a man, she'll come up to you.
This is helpful. Before I made this post the only reason I had to not talk to her was that I was shy; but now I can tell myself that the guys on AM told me not to. :nono:

crader

crader

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
If you are really serious about talking to her then try to get her at the desk checking in. Thats when we are at our most social.

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
This post is like music to my ears (even though I'm reading it, not 'listening' to it).

:clap2:

I honestly refuse to talk to anyone when I'm training for this very reason: I think it's disrespectful. We go to the gym to work out, if you wanna socialize, go to the bar.

CNorris

CNorris

Banned
Awards
  • Established
You should just follower her home and throw rocks are her bedroom window at 3 A.M.

xjsynx

xjsynx

Awards
:wtf:

Some is a little uptight... :stick:

BIGG DOGG

BIGG DOGG

Awards
  • Established
First Off I Think Its Kinda Corney To Pick Up On Girls At The Gym... I See It All The Time... The Ones That Do It Are Usually Skrawny Little Duch Bags That Go To The Gym Just For That Reason... Not Good Tactics Bro...if You Catch Her Looking Smille And Walk Bye(or Continue Whatever Your Doing)... Dont Give Her Too Much Attention... Play It Off Like You Dont Care How Nice Her Ass Is...haha... If She's Interested She Will Come Up To You....

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
First Off I Think Its Kinda Corney To Pick Up On Girls At The Gym... I See It All The Time... The Ones That Do It Are Usually Skrawny Little Duch Bags That Go To The Gym Just For That Reason... Not Good Tactics Bro...if You Catch Her Looking Smille And Walk Bye(or Continue Whatever Your Doing)... Dont Give Her Too Much Attention... Play It Off Like You Dont Care How Nice Her Ass Is...haha... If She's Interested She Will Come Up To You....
I like that mentality.

Seriously, if you're trying to throw out anything more than a simple "Hello", you're wasting the poor girl's gym time. She didn't get that ass by listening to guys dealing her bullsh*t every day at the gym, and she sure as sh*t isn't gonna care about how much you can bench press.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I would follow her into the shower, and offer to loofah her back with your new Java Lather soap. :)

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I would follow her into the shower, and offer to loofah her back with your new Java Lather soap. :)
You see, this is acceptable though (somehow) because at least you're not interrupting her training session. :p

MgoBlue

MgoBlue

Banned
Awards
  • Established
best advice I've seen yet!!

Like most on here, I'm not in the gym to talk. My ipod died on me one time while training but I kept the buds in to keep people from talking to me. There is one doosh that works out in the morning that STILL insists on talking to me!!!

Palo Alto Labs

Palo Alto Labs

Dave
Awards
  • Established
yea flip her a smile...

if shes interested.. next time shee walks by you.. shell pull off the headphones and say something

i like dsades idea... girls love a guy with skincare sense! help her get rid of those stretch marks!!!!

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
Yeah if the girl is interested she'll do something to show you that she is. It happens all the time even outside the gym when women are interested, and no different in this case.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
You should just follower her home and throw rocks are her bedroom window at 3 A.M.
Or how about standing in her yard with a boom box playing cheesy 80's music?

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
I usually wait 'til the they get out of the locker room and I sneek up behind them to blind fold them and have them guess my name :D

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
Great points but most chicks will not come up to you. IMO we're the hunters so chicks expect us to go get them.

TheNinja

TheNinja

Awards
  • Established
Gotta catch the person before or after the earbuds go in. To me, if the earbuds are in or the person is reading a book on the treadmill, this is a "don't bother me" sign.

warnerve

Awards
  • Established
use nonverbal communication, i.e. gestures, smile etc. and go from there based on how receptive she seems

if that goes well, offer a spot or something if she is lifting, etc.

but really, i would err on the side of caution, i personally wear headphones because i don't like my concentration broken, maybe she's the same. so if it seems like a no go you oughta back off, no one likes the dude that is overly persistent and is oblivious to it

Polynomial

Polynomial

Awards
  • Established
use nonverbal communication
Yes. I personally try to make sure that she's watching and then I do some weighted **** push ups.

If that fails, I will throw a couple of dumbbells at her in a cutesy kindergarten "I-like-you" kind of way. They love it.

getswole

getswole

Awards
  • Established
I honestly refuse to talk to anyone when I'm training for this very reason: I think it's disrespectful. We go to the gym to work out, if you wanna socialize, go to the bar.
This my friend should be on your contract when you sign up at the gym...Well said

By the way,The Tooth Fairy is watching you Like a vulture watching roadkill;)

getswole

getswole

Awards
  • Established
Seriously though,if she's not making eye contact with you,then she ain't about it,if a ckicks interested she may not say a word to you,or ever approach you,but she WILL be making some eye contact at some point,if you eyeball her and she looks away,give it up,then you mine as well wait til' its foggy out and climb up on her hood of her car and leave an imprint of your package on her windshield and then write you phone # underneath....cause it just ain't happening

getswole

getswole

Awards
  • Established
Seriosuly though,when she turns you down,every single time you see her in the gym you gonna feel all awkward and stuff,no time for that in the gym,get in/get out,get your swole on..

Mrs. Gimpy!

Mrs. Gimpy!

Awards
  • Established
Great points but most chicks will not come up to you. IMO we're the hunters so chicks expect us to go get them.
i was thinking the same thing when i saw his post. i never and will never EVER come up to a guy, if he wants me, he'll come. no way in heck im initiating anything.