Adderall...anybody take it? - AnabolicMinds.com

Adderall...anybody take it?

Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  1. Registered User
    kwyckemynd00's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"   lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Age
    31
    Posts
    5,324
    Rep Power
    2846

    Reputation

    Adderall...anybody take it?


    Hey ladies, I was wondering if there are any of you that take adderall for educational purposes.

    When I sit down in an attempt to do my homework I'm usually side-tracked within 10-20 minutes and never get an ounce of it done until I've procrastinated so bad that the damage would be almost irreversible if I started later. And, I talked to a buddy of mine who sounds like he was probably worse than I am and he said that when he takes his adderall he's pretty much an animal with the studies.

    Well, anyway, just curious as to who takes it (especially for studies) and how the results are for them. Last thing I want to do is be pumping amphetamines into me, but I've probably got the least addictive personality on the planet and need to get my studies in order BIG TIME now. I've got a few months of self-study that are needed for a big ass test and I'm worried I'll never be able to sit myself down and just do it because I'll be up doing something else within 10 minutes.

    Thanks for the responses in advance.
    :donut:

  2. Elite Member
    ReaperX's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  .5 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Age
    7
    Posts
    6,487
    Rep Power
    33340

    Reputation

    Start utilizing better study habits and stop making excuses why you didn't start studying earlier.
  3. She thinks my traps'rrrr sexy!
    supersoldier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Age
    31
    Posts
    3,204
    Rep Power
    1774

    Reputation

    I take adderall, with lots of beer and/or vodka when I go to concerts!
    •   
       

  4. Registered User
    kwyckemynd00's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"   lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Age
    31
    Posts
    5,324
    Rep Power
    2846

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by ReaperX View Post
    Start utilizing better study habits and stop making excuses why you didn't start studying earlier.
    That could be it, I guess. I dunno...I've tried that kind of stuff though. Writing myself daily schedules of when to do what, etc. Keep in mind, I'm a "serious" student and don't take my education lightly; Hell, I don't take B's lightly. So, I'm not the run of the mill Joe Schmoe slacker who doesn't care about his grades or his education and is making excuses for getting bad grades, its actually totally the opposite. I'll def. graduate Magna Cum Laude, but I'm not worried about that.

    I'm worried about finishing my homework when I sit down to do it, and I'm worried about keeping up with my self study (and when I get into my professional school staying in the top 5%).
  5. Registered User
    kwyckemynd00's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"   lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Age
    31
    Posts
    5,324
    Rep Power
    2846

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by supersoldier View Post
    I take adderall, with lots of beer and/or vodka when I go to concerts!
    Do you take them intrarectally? :clean:
  6. She thinks my traps'rrrr sexy!
    supersoldier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Age
    31
    Posts
    3,204
    Rep Power
    1774

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by kwyckemynd00 View Post
    Do you take them intrarectally? :clean:
    The adderall yeah, the vodka no, as it tends to sting a little.
  7. Board Sponsor
    Rodja's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Age
    30
    Posts
    22,982
    Rep Power
    917959

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by ReaperX View Post
    Start utilizing better study habits and stop making excuses why you didn't start studying earlier.
    For some people it is very difficult to sit and study for an extended period of time. Hell, it is hard for me to only look at one website at a time, let alone focus on a textbook.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
  8. Elite Member
    ReaperX's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  .5 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Age
    7
    Posts
    6,487
    Rep Power
    33340

    Reputation

    I was in the same position and the focus/concentration does not happen instantly or even all at once. Just lay out your priorities and set goals that you are going to do when you sit down and do it. Just like anything it is challenging at first.

    After several times it becomes second nature.
  9. Professional Member
    PumpingIron's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    4,688
    Rep Power
    2461

    Reputation

    adderall was a life saver for me in college.

    i've never experienced it but i do believe there is some risk of dependance, so be careful....



    Oh, and I know how much SS likes his adderall, first hand.
  10. Board Sponsor
    Rodja's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Age
    30
    Posts
    22,982
    Rep Power
    917959

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by ReaperX View Post
    I was in the same position and the focus/concentration does not happen instantly or even all at once. Just lay out your priorities and set goals that you are going to do when you sit down and do it. Just like anything it is challenging at first.

    After several times it becomes second nature.
    Except for if you have bad ADD, then it is VERY difficult to study or stay focused on something, especially if it is not something you find emotionally or intellectually stimulating. I have been trying for years to develop so-called "study habits" and it just had never happened. If I take some nootropics, then I can usually study for longer, but never for more than an hour.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
  11. Registered User
    kwyckemynd00's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"   lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Age
    31
    Posts
    5,324
    Rep Power
    2846

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    For some people it is very difficult to sit and study for an extended period of time. Hell, it is hard for me to only look at one website at a time, let alone focus on a textbook.
    Yeah, I usually can't even bring myself to read a full paragraph of anything without my eyes starting to fly all over the room.
  12. Professional Member
    PumpingIron's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    4,688
    Rep Power
    2461

    Reputation

    Adult ADD...you can probably get a script from your doctor after telling him your symptoms.
  13. Registered User
    kwyckemynd00's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"   lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Age
    31
    Posts
    5,324
    Rep Power
    2846

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    Except for if you have bad ADD, then it is VERY difficult to study or stay focused on something, especially if it is not something you find emotionally or intellectually stimulating. I have been trying for years to develop so-called "study habits" and it just had never happened. If I take some nootropics, then I can usually study for longer, but never for more than an hour.
    My parents were always concerned that I may have had ADD, and I think I still may sometimes. And you're right about things needed to be intellectually stimulating. The harder the class is, the better I do with paying attention. But, even with the hardest classes I'm pretty much asleep or furiously clicking my pen and tapping my feet while my head goes wildly around the room after 45 mins.
  14. Registered User
    kwyckemynd00's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"   lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Age
    31
    Posts
    5,324
    Rep Power
    2846

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by PumpingIron View Post
    Adult ADD...you can probably get a script from your doctor after telling him your symptoms.
    Yeah, I figured I probably could. I just wanted to see if there was anyone on the forums that has used it and has had as much success as my buddy has.
  15. Professional Member
    PumpingIron's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    4,688
    Rep Power
    2461

    Reputation

    Like i said before, it's pretty much the only way i got through college.
  16. She thinks my traps'rrrr sexy!
    supersoldier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Age
    31
    Posts
    3,204
    Rep Power
    1774

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by PumpingIron View Post

    Oh, and I know how much SS likes his adderall, first hand.



  17. Registered User
    kwyckemynd00's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"   lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Age
    31
    Posts
    5,324
    Rep Power
    2846

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by PumpingIron View Post
    Like i said before, it's pretty much the only way i got through college.
    Awesome...I didn't see that post. Thx for the input.
  18. Recovering AXoholic
    thesinner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Age
    28
    Posts
    10,063
    Rep Power
    11889

    Reputation

    playing with chatecholamines can cause dependence, or at least withdrawals with discontinuation.

    Have you tried tyrosine? I like to mix tyrosine with some Morning Spark (caffeinated Kool-aide from Wal-mart), and that tends to give me some great focus.
    Athletic Xtreme Rep
    Bob@athleticxtreme.com
    IFFI
    Ask me about the Athletic Xtreme Product Line
  19. Professional Member
    PumpingIron's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    4,688
    Rep Power
    2461

    Reputation

    Kwyck I only really used it during the few days prior to any exams or when I was writing papers. I never used it on a consitent basis...just an fyi
  20. Registered User
    kwyckemynd00's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"   lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Age
    31
    Posts
    5,324
    Rep Power
    2846

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by thesinner View Post
    playing with chatecholamines can cause dependence, or at least withdrawals with discontinuation.

    Have you tried tyrosine? I like to mix tyrosine with some Morning Spark (caffeinated Kool-aide from Wal-mart), and that tends to give me some great focus.
    No, haven't tried it. What did give me INSANE focus was ALRI's Venom. It was great...too bad the stuff gives me anxiety because it burns fat like a crazy and gives me awesome focus.

    I'm planning on trying some of the nootropic stacks people use on here, so I'll try yours, but for the most part I find a lot of crap on the boards to be hype.
  21. Registered User
    kwyckemynd00's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"   lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Age
    31
    Posts
    5,324
    Rep Power
    2846

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by PumpingIron View Post
    Kwyck I only really used it during the few days prior to any exams or when I was writing papers. I never used it on a consitent basis...just an fyi
    Good deal....so you didn't have severe ADD then eh? I mean, day to day life is alright for me, I'm not a hyper maniac, its just when it comes down to study time that I have a hard time doing anything and that I'd rather do something that has my mind jumping all over the place, like watching 5 porn movies at once while reading the forums...lol.
  22. Recovering AXoholic
    thesinner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Age
    28
    Posts
    10,063
    Rep Power
    11889

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by kwyckemynd00 View Post
    No, haven't tried it. What did give me INSANE focus was ALRI's Venom. It was great...too bad the stuff gives me anxiety because it burns fat like a crazy and gives me awesome focus.

    I'm planning on trying some of the nootropic stacks people use on here, so I'll try yours, but for the most part I find a lot of crap on the boards to be hype.
    I'm currently taking 1g tyrosine, 2.5g piracetam, and a small charge of caffeine (<100mg) three times daily between classes. It's a little early to determine how the 'racetam is doing (still the first week of classes), but I seem to be more attentive and on top of things.
    Athletic Xtreme Rep
    Bob@athleticxtreme.com
    IFFI
    Ask me about the Athletic Xtreme Product Line
  23. Professional Member
    PumpingIron's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    4,688
    Rep Power
    2461

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by kwyckemynd00 View Post
    Good deal....so you didn't have severe ADD then eh? I mean, day to day life is alright for me, I'm not a hyper maniac, its just when it comes down to study time that I have a hard time doing anything and that I'd rather do something that has my mind jumping all over the place, like watching 5 porn movies at once while reading the forums...lol.
    never diagnosed with it, but then again i was never tested for it or have brought it up to my doctor...

    ...i pretty much have always had the same symptoms that you are describing.
  24. Board Sponsor
    Rodja's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Age
    30
    Posts
    22,982
    Rep Power
    917959

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    The one thing that does help me is to study while listening to my iPod. Silence, or relative silence, is the main reason I have a difficult time studying. Naturally, I am listening to more melodic/instrumental music rather than something that makes me go do heavy singles.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
  25. Professional Member
    PumpingIron's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    4,688
    Rep Power
    2461

    Reputation

    rodja, classical music has helped me a little too...
  26. Board Sponsor
    Rodja's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Age
    30
    Posts
    22,982
    Rep Power
    917959

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by PumpingIron View Post
    rodja, classical music has helped me a little too...
    Just to show how much of a dork I am, most of the best studying music for me comes form the soundtracks of RPGs. Yasanori Mitsuda, Nubuo Uematsu make some great orchestral music.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
  27. Recovering AXoholic
    thesinner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Age
    28
    Posts
    10,063
    Rep Power
    11889

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    Just to show how much of a dork I am, most of the best studying music for me comes form the soundtracks of RPGs. Yasanori Mitsuda, Nubuo Uematsu make some great orchestral music.
    But you have to admit the tracks on Final Fantasy are actually quite impressive.
    Athletic Xtreme Rep
    Bob@athleticxtreme.com
    IFFI
    Ask me about the Athletic Xtreme Product Line
  28. Board Sponsor
    Rodja's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Age
    30
    Posts
    22,982
    Rep Power
    917959

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by thesinner View Post
    But you have to admit the tracks on Final Fantasy are actually quite impressive.
    Everything from Final Fantasy VI (or III in the US) has had some great music. Chrono Trigger/Cross is also great.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
  29. Registered User
    kwyckemynd00's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"   lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Age
    31
    Posts
    5,324
    Rep Power
    2846

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by PumpingIron View Post
    never diagnosed with it, but then again i was never tested for it or have brought it up to my doctor...

    ...i pretty much have always had the same symptoms that you are describing.
    Good deal...muchas gracias!
  30. Registered User
    kwyckemynd00's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"   lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Age
    31
    Posts
    5,324
    Rep Power
    2846

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by PumpingIron View Post
    rodja, classical music has helped me a little too...
    Might give that a shot. I normally just turn on my fan and that helps some.
  31. Recovering AXoholic
    thesinner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Age
    28
    Posts
    10,063
    Rep Power
    11889

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    Everything from Final Fantasy VI (or III in the US) has had some great music. Chrono Trigger/Cross is also great.
    I like the map music they have in their games

    Chrono Trigger was very tight. IMO one of the most well done games squaresoft ever made.
    Athletic Xtreme Rep
    Bob@athleticxtreme.com
    IFFI
    Ask me about the Athletic Xtreme Product Line
  32. Registered User
    kwyckemynd00's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"   lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Age
    31
    Posts
    5,324
    Rep Power
    2846

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by PumpingIron View Post
    rodja, classical music has helped me a little too...
    Hey, did you just see your general physician for your Adderall prescription or did you have to see a specialist?
  33. Senior Member
    Mrs. Gimpy!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Age
    29
    Posts
    1,040
    Rep Power
    630

    Reputation

    I need some of this stuff. bad. My mind is EVERYWHERE. its truly amazing that im in school at all and doing well.
  34. Professional Member
    PumpingIron's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    4,688
    Rep Power
    2461

    Reputation

    kwyck, i saw the specialist that lived 2 floors above me...

    but you can see your general physician for it.
  35. Registered User
    kwyckemynd00's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"   lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Age
    31
    Posts
    5,324
    Rep Power
    2846

    Reputation

    Awesome...I may do that. I don't have insurance, so I may have to find one of the few online pharmacies that'll sell the stuff to me w/ a script (if I get it of course) b/c it can get pretty damn expensive I'm sure.
  36. Board Sponsor
    crader's Avatar
    Stats
    5'3"  126 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Age
    41
    Posts
    7,243
    Rep Power
    51545

    Reputation

    I second the use of piracetam, though it should be capped as it is nasty. That and some clear edge with tyrosine and a stim if you need it.
  37. Recovering AXoholic
    thesinner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Age
    28
    Posts
    10,063
    Rep Power
    11889

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by crader View Post
    I second the use of piracetam, though it should be capped as it is nasty. That and some clear edge with tyrosine and a stim if you need it.
    You just gotta mix it with cranberry juice, and it's almost 'good'. But then again, I have quite a tolerance for things that taste bad.
    Athletic Xtreme Rep
    Bob@athleticxtreme.com
    IFFI
    Ask me about the Athletic Xtreme Product Line
  38. Advanced Member
    BIGG DOGG's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  212 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Age
    29
    Posts
    525
    Rep Power
    350

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by kwyckemynd00 View Post
    No, haven't tried it. What did give me INSANE focus was ALRI's Venom. It was great...too bad the stuff gives me anxiety because it burns fat like a crazy and gives me awesome focus.

    I'm planning on trying some of the nootropic stacks people use on here, so I'll try yours, but for the most part I find a lot of crap on the boards to be hype.
    FIRSTS OFF I AM WORKING 40 HOURS A WEEK AND TAKING A FULL LOAD OF NIGHT CLASSES...ANATOMY, MOLECULAR BIOTECHNOLOGY AND MATH(12 UNITS)... I AM GOING THROUGH THE SAME THING...ALRI'S VENOM HAS BEEN BASICALLY A LIFE SAVER,IM MORE FOCUSED THE EVER.. I HAVE ALSO CONTINPLATED TALKING TO MY DR ABOUT GETTING SOME ADERAL... BUT HAVNT MADE MY MIND UP... ITS EXTREMELY HARD TO FOCUS AT WORK AND SCHOOL AND ITS STARTING TO GET WORSE...IS IT TRUE THAT HAVING THAT SCRIP ON YOUR MEDICAL RECORD CAN DISQUALIFY YOU FOR CERTAIN THINGS? INSURANCE, JOBS, ECT.?
  39. Professional Member
    PumpingIron's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    4,688
    Rep Power
    2461

    Reputation

    BD, there is no way that can be true. Maybe for certain positions where you would be risk your/others health but not any normal position. Thats discrimination, flat out.
  40. Registered User
    kwyckemynd00's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"   lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Age
    31
    Posts
    5,324
    Rep Power
    2846

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by PumpingIron View Post
    BD, there is no way that can be true. Maybe for certain positions where you would be risk your/others health but not any normal position. Thats discrimination, flat out.
    ^^ What he said.

    BD: Yeah, it was amazing to me the kind of focus I got out of Venom. The stuff is something else. Too bad I get anxiety from it (and possibly palpitations, but I can't tell if its real or just the anxiety!).

    Pumping Iron: BTW, what dose were you taking? I've seen the dosages all over the place, so I'm curious. My friend is gonna throw me a 5mg tab to try out tomorrow before I go spend $70 on a consultation and an additional $70 on meds.
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. m5aa-when to take it?
    By JBlaze in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-06-2004, 06:32 AM
  2. S1+ and what you need to take it
    By Fleetcare in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-27-2004, 10:11 PM
  3. Esterified OHT... anybody have it?
    By Jcc in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 02-03-2004, 06:09 AM
  4. m1t problem should I stop taking it
    By Rictor33 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 02-02-2004, 09:31 AM
  5. 4ad trans...when do i take it?
    By corteztk1982 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 11-03-2003, 03:55 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in