iphone competition coming soon, looks good

Mrs. Gimpy!

Mrs. Gimpy!

Awards
  • Established

Meizu MiniOne Specs Revealed: It's Actually Got Some Juice - Gizmodo

If you thought the only thing going for the Meizu MiniOne was the fact that it looks like an iPhone, well, you'd be wrong. The recently released specs show that it's actually got a lot of stuff going for it besides its software design.

The MiniOne will have a 533Mhz Samsung processor, 128MB of DDR SDRAM, TFT touchscreen, 720x480 resolution, 3-megapixel back camera, 0.3-megapixel front camera, Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, DMB TV Tuner, GPS, video output, AVI/MPEG4/WMV support, and a 4GB to 16GB size.

The best part? It's only going to be about $260 for the 4GB version and $450 for the 16GB version. Are you excited yet? We are. – Jason Chen

---------------------------------------------------------------
call me a stingy bastard but i like the part about $450 for 16 GB

if apple made a 16 GB one, who knows how much that'd be :( , im too poor for apple

jrm

jrm

Awards
Prada is branding one too. The company that did the screen for the iPhone wasn't capitalizing on their technology, so someone put a fire under their pants to get them moving on other projects.

However, there are several other phones that have been out for quite some time that match the iPhone's capabilities.

dlew308

dlew308

Awards
  • Established
too bad it's probably windows based :(

sadly the really good phones are sold outside the US. If you ever visit hawaii, you'll see the japanese tourists on their cool phones.

freqfly

freqfly

Awards
  • Established
I'm sorry... but I'm an Apple fan till death. Love my ipod, my MacBook, AND my Iphone... can't touch apple

xjsynx

xjsynx

Awards

sadly the really good phones are sold outside the US. If you ever visit hawaii, you'll see the japanese tourists on their cool phones.
What gave it away? Teh Windows icons? :rofl:

kwyckemynd00

kwyckemynd00

Awards
  • Established

I'm running a Mac (OS X 10.4.9), have had many Windows XP/Vista PC's, and I've run Linux. The trash talking on Windows is pretty much unwarranted b/c I've had almost as many problems w/ the other two and I've run them a lot less.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm sorry... but I'm an Apple fan till death. Love my ipod, my MacBook, AND my Iphone... can't touch apple
I am right there with you. I love my iMac, iBook, iPod, and, someday, an iPhone.

Australian made

Australian made

Awards
  • Established
I cant see the Iphone really catching on and ever overtaking Blackberry's. Every business man and his dog has a blackberry and didnt they just find a major floor in the Iphone??? something to do with hackers being able to get into the phone or something?

Besides there are plenty of phones out there with 4gb memory which holds 1000 songs, plus its so cheap to buy a 2gb memory stick and chuck it in there anyway. I havent looked into it too much but i doubt most people would use them that much and if they did they'd be recharging everyday.

Apple is waaaaayy ovepriced on all of their products but amercia is dirt cheap for everything so i guess you guys dont realise it that much.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I cant see the Iphone really catching on and ever overtaking Blackberry's. Every business man and his dog has a blackberry and didnt they just find a major floor in the Iphone??? something to do with hackers being able to get into the phone or something?

Besides there are plenty of phones out there with 4gb memory which holds 1000 songs, plus its so cheap to buy a 2gb memory stick and chuck it in there anyway. I havent looked into it too much but i doubt most people would use them that much and if they did they'd be recharging everyday.

Apple is waaaaayy ovepriced on all of their products but amercia is dirt cheap for everything so i guess you guys dont realise it that much.
Most of the time, you get what you pay for...

Seriously, I have had my iMac for 2 years and I have yet to have ONE problem with it. My last PC crashed 3 times and I had to clear the HD twice in that same time frame.

Rad83

Rad83

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar

This didn’t age well 🤣