I just bought a sunrise stimulating alarm clock for $115 ...ouch

Mrs. Gimpy!

Mrs. Gimpy!

Awards
  • Established
it better work or else its getting returned! I'm a sucker for new gadgets and i hate waking up from dead sleep to a beeping noise, so i thought i should give this a try.

its a biobrite sunrise alarm clock

* Gradual sunrise wakes you gently and naturally
* Gradual sunset enables your body to wind down and promotes sleep
* Optional backup audible alarm
* Dimmable bedside lamp for reading or soft lighting
* Optional white noise to mask outside noise or partner's snoring promoting sleep

i'll let you all know if it works, some people say it creates the best waking experience they've ever experienced. im excited, i feel like a kid on christmas day:woohoo: :woohoo:

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Damn that's expensive. I wonder how well it wakes you from a drunken stupor.

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
That's a pretty neat idea.

I use my cell phone for an alarm clock ... I'm thinking of putting a Rooster sound byte on there to wake me up

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
it better work or else its getting returned! I'm a sucker for new gadgets and i hate waking up from dead sleep to a beeping noise, so i thought i should give this a try.

its a biobrite sunrise alarm clock

* Gradual sunrise wakes you gently and naturally
* Gradual sunset enables your body to wind down and promotes sleep
* Optional backup audible alarm
* Dimmable bedside lamp for reading or soft lighting
* Optional white noise to mask outside noise or partner's snoring promoting sleep

i'll let you all know if it works, some people say it creates the best waking experience they've ever experienced. im excited, i feel like a kid on christmas day:woohoo: :woohoo:

I can understand $115 on maybe an expensive weight scale, but a clock ? Gimpy, these are the kinds of things ppl shouldn't admit to.

PumpingIron

Awards
  • Established
That's a pretty neat idea.

I use my cell phone for an alarm clock ... I'm thinking of putting a Rooster sound byte on there to wake me up
let me know where you find one...i do the same thing, and i'm getting sick of the "Hello Moto" one I use now.

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
All I need is the good ole fashioned beep beep beep.

freqfly

freqfly

Awards
  • Established
I have one that projects the time on the ceiling.... every morning its the same thing when I look up "Oh FVCK!!! I'M LATE AGAIN!!"

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
lol.

I don't have one of those clocks but I did fork out some dough for full spectrum lightbulbs. I put them in our bathroom vanity so when you get up and turn them on, it's like noon day bright and you wake up faster. It really does seem to help.

kwyckemynd00

kwyckemynd00

Awards
  • Established
Alarm clock = me pissed off every morning. The sound drives me MAD. If this works out I'm getting one, too, lol.

Mrs. Gimpy!

Mrs. Gimpy!

Awards
  • Established
I wake up to these nasty rings on my phone. It scares the **** out of me every morning. Sometimes I automatically wake up JUST before it goes off so I don't have to hear it.
exactly why, even thought its ridiculously overpriced, kinda ugly, to me.... i've spent more money on purses (i hate my useless purse fettish) and this , if it works, could improve my life tremendously. if
this works, i think $115 is cheap for a lifetime of waking happiness

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
I get to hear my wife's alarm clock..2-10 times, then her cell phone goes off as her back up.

So yeah, I understand the waking up angry thing. lol

Mrs. Gimpy!

Mrs. Gimpy!

Awards
  • Established
kwyck is the most angry morning waker ever. seriously, he wakes up hitting the wall and fuming. lol im bad about mornings but a groggy, snooze 10 million times bad

kwyckemynd00

kwyckemynd00

Awards
  • Established
I don't hit the walls :) But I am fuming...I hate it when people talk to me before I've eaten or spent at least 30 mins in the car listening to the radio, then I'm the most mellow guy ever :lol:

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
If we could all wake up like my baby girl..life would be grand.

I say her name a few times and she unsnuggles from the covers, looks up at me, smiles and starts kicking and laughing.

Oh to be 8 months old again, lol.

Mrs. Gimpy!

Mrs. Gimpy!

Awards
  • Established
I don't hit the walls :) But I am fuming...I hate it when people talk to me before I've eaten or spent at least 30 mins in the car listening to the radio, then I'm the most mellow guy ever :lol:

you so DO. you smack walls sometimes, always smacking the bed, violently toss around grumbling .

Mrs. Gimpy!

Mrs. Gimpy!

Awards
  • Established
If we could all wake up like my baby girl..life would be grand.

I say her name a few times and she unsnuggles from the covers, looks up at me, smiles and starts kicking and laughing.

Oh to be 8 months old again, lol.
that is too precious. when i hear things like that, it makes me "almost" want children.

waking up like your daughter does sounds like heaven

Sunder

Sunder

Awards
  • Established
Is it just a regular incandescent light bulb or is it a full-spectrum one? I'll admit that I bought a "full-spectrum" (or some blue only version that was advertised to be better than full-spectrum) a few years ago to help me wake up.

I like that idea of putting it in the bathroom because I fell out of the habit of using it in the morning due to me always being late, lol. I always took that extra 15min for sleep instead of looking at light.

If yours is just a regular type of light (although it sounds like it dims/brightens automatically over time instead of an instant on/off), there might be a cheaper, less cool way of doing it:

There are timers that you can plug lights into. My ex had one in the living room to light up at night so it looked like ppl were home even if we weren't. I imagine you could use one of those in your bedroom too - just that the light would be instant and most annoying, lol.

I don't hit walls and stuff when I wake up...I just sometimes bump into them. But it's not out of anger, but more out of a lack of awareness of where my body is, lol.

Sunder

Sunder

Awards
  • Established
On a side note on the quest for a better sleep / wakeup experience, I'm on my 2nd box of MHP's Secretagogue-One.

Yeah, I know, everybody and their dog on here says how natural GH enhancers don't work and are a waste of money. The only thing they ever got from them is a better sleep........hmmmm....... a better sleep is what I've been looking for.

PowerFull helps put me to sleep and I think gives me a deeper sleep. But I think Secretagogue-One has been helping me wake-up earlier. Still too early to tell IMO, but I've experienced enough anecdotal evidence within myself to be buy a 3rd box...

BigAsTheSky

Awards
You could have saved yourself $95 by buying 3 $5 plug-in timers and 3 lamps (3 for $5 at a garage sale) then setting them to come on 5 minutes apart. :)

jomi822

jomi822

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Cold air blast wake-up apparatus
Document Type and Number:
United States Patent 4031711
Link to this page:
http://www.freepatentsonline.com/4031711.html
Abstract:
Wake-up apparatus includes an elongated hose having a funnel member at one end for coupling to the output side of a room air conditioner and a horizontally elongated rectangular outlet on the other end for placement on a mattress for directing air therealong. A rotatable damper vane mounted in the hose is controlled by a motor energized via an electric timer for driving the vane to an open position at a predetermined time for causing a blast of cold air along the mattress.

kwyckemynd00

kwyckemynd00

Awards
  • Established
You could have saved yourself $95 by buying 3 $5 plug-in timers and 3 lamps (3 for $5 at a garage sale) then setting them to come on 5 minutes apart. :)
If you knew gimpy like I do, you'd know she'd consider the $95 extra well spent because she didn't have to do any work to get the product. :rofl: Plus, I believe the three bulbs coming on five minutes apart may not work the same as a single full spectrum bulb by your head gradually turning to full brightness over the course of your choice of between 30 and 90 minutes!

crader

crader

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I've always wanted to try one of these..Now & Zen - The Zen Alarm Clock

it is supposed to be progressive and wake you gently and I like the way it looks. Although nothing will ever make me want to get up in the morning.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Mrs. Gimpy!

Mrs. Gimpy!

Awards
  • Established
I'm thinking of putting a Rooster sound byte on there to wake me up
i had an alarm clock once that did the rooster noise and i swear to me, it was 10 times worse than the standard beeping alarm.

oh and yes, i like the idea of a progressively brightening light source instead of 3 separate lamps with 3 separate timers . i am a lazybum when it comes to electronics.

Mrs. Gimpy!

Mrs. Gimpy!

Awards
  • Established
I've always wanted to try one of these..Now & Zen - The Zen Alarm Clock

it is supposed to be progressive and wake you gently and I like the way it looks. Although nothing will ever make me want to get up in the morning.
hm, i listened to the sound byte they offered and it sounds okay, but im a heavy sleeper and need extremely loud alarm clocks to wake me.

i heard my new light one wakes up heavy sleepers easily:think: i have my doubts but the clock has a progressive regular alarm built in as well, just in case you dont wake up with the light

Sunder

Sunder

Awards
  • Established
I need to invent and patent myself some sort of alarm clock flesh feeling suction device... place that strategically at night, and slowly wake up to....I'm thinking much less grumpily...lol

kwyckemynd00

kwyckemynd00

Awards
  • Established
Wouldn't work for me, I screw in my sleep. Hell, half the time when I get started with my woman in the middle of the night I don't even know who I'm next to for about 5 minutes because I'm still sleeping, lol.

Otter_Wife

Otter_Wife

Awards
I have a $4.98 alarm clock from walmart. Besides the couple of times i threw it against the wall and one of the buttons broke off, i have had it for a couple of years. wakes me up fine! I personally could never spend that much on something like that, and I would beat Chad's ass if he spent that much money on that too!

jomi822

jomi822

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I have a $4.98 alarm clock from walmart. Besides the couple of times i threw it against the wall and one of the buttons broke off, i have had it for a couple of years. wakes me up fine! I personally could never spend that much on something like that, and I would beat Chad's ass if he spent that much money on that too!
chad enjoys a nice beating on the ass from what i hear...something about a leopard skin paddle and furry pink handcuffs?

kwyckemynd00

kwyckemynd00

Awards
  • Established
She makes up for it by being cheap on everything else. :lol: (In a good way of course.) But when you consider the clock will probably last 10 yrs, its just pennies a day and isn't that expensive.

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
What about this?

That's right, when the alarm goes off you have to wake up and chase the frickin thing around to turn it off. :)

Mrs. Gimpy!

Mrs. Gimpy!

Awards
  • Established
i saw that clock. nifty idea, but would drive me even more insane than a regular alarm clock. if i had kids, id get that clock for them :smite:

and yeah im not used to spending so much money on useless things (unless its a dumb purse) but something like this that improves my day to day living is well worth it.

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
So when you say 'Beat Chad's ass' does that mean some type of hidden sexual connotation, or just a figure of speech for 'physically hurt' ?

200wannabe

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I have always wondered if these were any good. I have smashed an alarm clock in the past and now use a mobile… perhaps you should keep a log!

kwyckemynd00

kwyckemynd00

Awards
  • Established
lmao a running clock.
I know right? I swear to God by the time I got that thing my house would look like a Tornado hit it, and afterward I'd be so pissed I probably wouldn't talk to anyone all day.

Its totally comical though; to think of myself running around pissed off as hell as this annoying ass alarm clock runs away from me.

:rofl: :lol: :rofl:

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
NOOOOOOO....They're all gonna laugh at you!!!

RisingAgainst

RisingAgainst

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Hahahah I wake up fine on my own, on time as long as nobody or nothing tries to do so... wierd how that works... But if somebody tries to wake me, or an alarm goes off, I sleep through it or annihilate the thing waking me up and go back to bed.. if I know I have to be up though, I have no problem waking up on time on my own... I think the alarm that runs away is ideal.. I would leave my door open and pray it goes out of it!

Chad

Chad

Banned
Awards
  • Established
when i was in bootcamp they had a cute little way of waking us up. it went something like this........

" GET THE FCUK OUT OF THE RACKS! YOU MOTHERFCUKERS HAVE 80 SECONDS TO GET DRESSED AND GET YOUR ASSES OUT FRONT FOR CHOW!!!!!! "

ah yes..... like angels whispering in my ear......... LOL

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
"Good morning students and faculty, If I could have your attention please. As you may, or may not know, Principal Cambell will not be here for the rest of the week due to a throat infection. Leaving me, assistant principal Dunbar, as the school's lone administrator for the next few days."

"Though the policies set forth by Principal Cambell will remain the same, there will be some additional regulations you must also follow."

"Number one - smoking outside the administration building will only be allowed during lunch periods."

"Number two - the girls' showering facilities will be moved from the locker room into my inner office where I can watch the girls wash their breasts and buttocks while I play with myself."

"Number three - while showering, none of the girls will be allowed to snicker or laugh at the size of my genitalia. Eye contact with me is also prohibited."

"Number four - girls are encouraged to wash each other freely as I build towards orgasm."

"Number five - while i am ejaculating, the boys gymnastic team must undress each other spread eagle in front of me and satify each other orally until I have completed ejaculating."

"Finally, rule number six - any student caught writing grafitti or defacing school property will be automatically suspended, unless they are masturbating."

"If you have any questions about these new regulations, I will be in my office spanking it with a thumb up my ass."

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
I'd end up blasting that running alarm clock with my .40 cal.

"Die M-Fer..pow pow pow!"

lol

rugger48

rugger48

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
I'd end up blasting that running alarm clock with my .40 cal.

"Die M-Fer..pow pow pow!"

lol
Im sure right after I break my foot ot run through the slider trying to shut it off, that would be next.

RisingAgainst

RisingAgainst

Banned
Awards
  • Established
"Good morning students and faculty, If I could have your attention please. As you may, or may not know, Principal Cambell will not be here for the rest of the week due to a throat infection. Leaving me, assistant principal Dunbar, as the school's lone administrator for the next few days."

"Though the policies set forth by Principal Cambell will remain the same, there will be some additional regulations you must also follow."

"Number one - smoking outside the administration building will only be allowed during lunch periods."

"Number two - the girls' showering facilities will be moved from the locker room into my inner office where I can watch the girls wash their breasts and buttocks while I play with myself."

"Number three - while showering, none of the girls will be allowed to snicker or laugh at the size of my genitalia. Eye contact with me is also prohibited."

"Number four - girls are encouraged to wash each other freely as I build towards orgasm."

"Number five - while i am ejaculating, the boys gymnastic team must undress each other spread eagle in front of me and satify each other orally until I have completed ejaculating."

"Finally, rule number six - any student caught writing grafitti or defacing school property will be automatically suspended, unless they are masturbating."

"If you have any questions about these new regulations, I will be in my office spanking it with a thumb up my ass."
Wow..... like really.. WOW.

ItsHectic

Awards
  • Established
That moving alarm clock would run out of batteries before I even open my eyes to try look at it.

Last edited: