Building your own home gym?

rysigpi

rysigpi

Awards
  • Established
Just browsing ebay and saw some good deals on d-bells. It wont let me post the link but there is one auction for 105ers to 150ers, and another with 10's-100's. I know d-bells are pricey and this looks to be a good deal for someone!

Lander

Lander

Awards
I spent the money on the new 1090 dumbbells from Bowflex, they were like $900 with the stand but I love them. So awesome to be able to dial my wieghts in and go from 10 to 90 lbs with one rack and one set. Not a whole wall of weights cluttering up everything. The rest of my gear I bought off craigslist as I found it.

rysigpi

rysigpi

Awards
  • Established
I spent the money on the new 1090 dumbbells from Bowflex, they were like $900 with the stand but I love them. So awesome to be able to dial my wieghts in and go from 10 to 90 lbs with one rack and one set. Not a whole wall of weights cluttering up everything. The rest of my gear I bought off craigslist as I found it.
I saw those on there too and if I ever decided to build my own gym...I would definately get those! They also have a a smaller version of the bowflex dumbbells. Then just get a few large ones and you are set for d-bells for life!

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
I use olympic dumbells. They are a bit uncomfortable, but they're dirt cheap and you could go over 200# if you desired. Not that I do.

BabyHulk

BabyHulk

Awards
  • Established
I own an older set of 5-65lb iron dumbells. They get the job done. As soon as the price drops (significantly) on the Bowflex ones, that will definitely be a purchase for me.