Drugs And The Pros

pudzian2

Banned
Awards
  • Established
okay, I know this topic is a beaten horse, but I feel like talking about since Im sure there are some others who would too.
The pros are undoubtedly on lots of drugs. some people on the boards say that most of them stay on all year long whereas other pros stay on for a while and then take a few months off. Either way the general consensus is that they are constantly using drugs to be that big and shredded. As professionals, and as anyone with a care for their health would do, these guys have good relationships with their doctors who monitor their health year round. What annoys me is the fact that if you've ever watched ohh lets just say...Jay cutler's "one step closer" DVD, his life seems strict, regimented, serious and hardcore, but there is still a large presence of normalcy. I mean of course it is a DVD which doesn't show everything. But from any youtube clip of him, or anytime ive met him in person, he seemed to be a really laid back down to earth guy. I heard him speek at an expo where he was denying the fact that "the average pro looks better and better by using MORE and MORE drugs." I've even read his book where he admits to drug use,. but really doesnt consider it a major factor.

Now i read, listen and hear all that and then I take a look on these boards and in articles online where its reported that most guys at that level are on upwards of 4-5g\week (dont hold me to an exact quote here as each athlete will differ). They say that they either come off for a while or just come down to maintenance doses for a bit.

If one applies all of the science that is discussed on this board to these individuals situations...then how, for example, do some of them appear to be so "healthy."(cutler talking about having a child after retiring, having a normal wife, markus ruhl getting his wife pregnant, ronnie coleman being able to grow an afro, half the pros still holding onto their hair....etc) I mean i agree that steroids can be used safely by all means, but at these extreme doses and nonstop use for sometimes 10, 15, 20+ years?? its just a hit or miss as far as health risks and side effects that NOT MANY AT ALL of the pros appear to exhibit.....

Alot of us on this board and on other boards look at these guys as motivation. Because they show that it can be done. Yes its a huge commitment and alot of sacrifice but it can be done. Now im not saying that everyone on this board wants to look like Mr. Olympia but i do believe that in todays age, there really isnt much of a place for natural bodybuilding, because after a point the concept of "bodybuilding" isnt even very natural as it is. We all have our goals and a large percentage of will commit to responsibly using drugs to help achieve those goals, but at the same most of us care alot about our health. The last thing we want is some of the side effects that these pros with thier "reported extreme drug use regimes" appear not to show....call me whatever you want but this whole thing is quite frustrating IMO.

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
Ok, you have a good point at what you are saying. The IFBB pros are not without side effects. You know they may appear healthy, etc,etc but who says they are ? Do you think they'd really publicize their side effects ? I'm sure several pros have had EXTREMELY SEVERE side effects occur to them. Andreas Munzer died from using extreme amounts of steroids. Paul Dilett in the 1994 Arnold froze due to heavy diuretic use. Pros DO SUFFER from side effects, we just are not with them 24/7 so we do not witness it.

The pros have exceptional genetics. Notice how I said 'exceptional' not GOOD. Big difference. I personally believe those genetics play a role in how their body reacts to steroids and what steroids do to them long term.

Personally I don't phuck with steroids and I never will. I'm in the process of completing my MBA and once it is done I intend to work for a company and get paid a lot once I do. I also have a fantastic girlfriend whom I care about greatly. On top of that I also have a supportive family of all my endevors. I'm hungry for money and I have goals for my future. Nothing in this life matter if you die, absolutely nothing. Steroids are not worth what I have. They don't even come close to it and they never will.

I've made so many mistakes from financial mistakes, to interpersonal mistakes. Some have been mild, some have been severe. I have everything that I want going for me right now and even more that I want to accomplish in the future. The possibility that steroids MIGHT even interfere with my health is enough to deter me. My girlfriend like me the way that I am, and honestly if you were to ask a bunch of girls they like abercrombie ripped looking guys over Paul Dillett muscleheads anyway....so what's the point ? I already got a hot girlfriend anyway.

I'm not saying steroids are bad, and I'm not saying steroids are going to phuck you up. (This is for people who might take offense to this). There is always the possibility for something bad to occur. If you ingest enough water you WILL DIE. People say that they cycle safe, etc, etc. Ok sure so you are fine now, how about 15 years from now ? Do you really know your physiological genome and how steroids affect your DNA to say 101% you'll be fine ? I'm guessing not.

I'm kinda keeping my eye on Kevin Levrone...excellent bodybuilder and used gear for awhile. One of his parents died from cancer and the other from lukemia. So he's kinda playing his odds on that one. Should be interesting to see how the future unveils for him.

I'm sure people would argue against the negative effects of steroids. Either way at the end of the day it is a personal decision like many things in life.

ItsHectic

Awards
  • Established
It might be true that pros dont look better with the more drugs they take, I think that wether your taking in 5 grams a week or 10 grams a week your bottleneck is still going to be diet or cardiovascular health, think about all the calories they gotta force down there throats, I remember seeing a clip where markus ruhl had a cigarette after shopping in the carpark, I cant imagine the hunger pangs these guys go through every 2 hours or so, and think about how out of breath they get just sitting down imagine when there in the gym.

As for the side effects, I read one interview with an anonymous pro where he went on to say he was on so many drugs. He was taking pain killers, sleeping tablets, basicly any side effect you could think of from ultra-high doses of steroids he was on the drugs for it.
I would imagine there on propecia aswell as a topical shampoo, as for fertility, they could be banking sperm but I doubt it, fertility drugs go a very long way.

pudzian2

Banned
Awards
  • Established
It might be true that pros dont look better with the more drugs they take, I think that wether your taking in 5 grams a week or 10 grams a week your bottleneck is still going to be diet or cardiovascular health, think about all the calories they gotta force down there throats, I remember seeing a clip where markus ruhl had a cigarette after shopping in the carpark, I cant imagine the hunger pangs these guys go through every 2 hours or so, and think about how out of breath they get just sitting down imagine when there in the gym.

As for the side effects, I read one interview with an anonymous pro where he went on to say he was on so many drugs. He was taking pain killers, sleeping tablets, basicly any side effect you could think of from ultra-high doses of steroids he was on the drugs for it.
I would imagine there on propecia aswell as a topical shampoo, as for fertility, they could be banking sperm but I doubt it, fertility drugs go a very long way.

Yea i do agree. I would still like to think that some people have the genetics to go further without as many drugs and others dont, and resort to drugs to overcome their lacking genetics. Its just sad that some people would sacrifice so much for this. I believe bodybuilding can be a very positive thing, I am very partial to Jay Cutler's mindset and approach to bodybuilding. The only unsettling thing is, as he is my role model (not saying I wanna be pro or anything ) but it would be interesting to hear some details abotu his drug regime if anyone knows..

Beelzebub

Beelzebub

Awards
  • Established
Andreas Munzer = heavy diuretics, not AAS killed this man.

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
Halotestin in those amounts I'm postive turned his internal organs similar to a heavy meth/crack addict.

ItsHectic

Awards
  • Established
Yea i do agree. I would still like to think that some people have the genetics to go further without as many drugs and others dont, and resort to drugs to overcome their lacking genetics. Its just sad that some people would sacrifice so much for this. I believe bodybuilding can be a very positive thing, I am very partial to Jay Cutler's mindset and approach to bodybuilding. The only unsettling thing is, as he is my role model (not saying I wanna be pro or anything ) but it would be interesting to hear some details abotu his drug regime if anyone knows..
http://forums.steroid.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=45100

I guess thats a start.

PumpingIron

Awards
  • Established
Diuretics are definitely the biggest cause for alarm in terms of health with Professional BBer's.

I personally see HGH as a godsend for these guys too. It has given them the ability to use less gear, as well as reaping the benefits the growth brings.

I think the use of gear in the professional world is way overhyped. Preist has always talked about cycling on and off. Cutler has spoke somewhat candidly about using and has mentioned that the dosages he runs are well under what people believe he, and other bbers, use. (someone sohuld try and find the video, i know i've seen it before, but I forget from that site)

pudzian2

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Diuretics are definitely the biggest cause for alarm in terms of health with Professional BBer's.

I personally see HGH as a godsend for these guys too. It has given them the ability to use less gear, as well as reaping the benefits the growth brings.

I think the use of gear in the professional world is way overhyped. Preist has always talked about cycling on and off. Cutler has spoke somewhat candidly about using and has mentioned that the dosages he runs are well under what people believe he, and other bbers, use. (someone sohuld try and find the video, i know i've seen it before, but I forget from that site)
I've read an interview with lee priest who doesnt really use that much gear at all. I would be greatful if you could find those details about cutler if you got a chance.

PumpingIron

Awards
  • Established
I'll haveta check when I'm at home. It was from the post Olympia thing he did in 2005 or 2004... It wasn't as candid as what he uses exactly just the fact that he does and that it isn't as much as everyone believes.

I actually came across it on BB.com, I'll hop over and see if I can't come up with it off a simple search.

anadrol75

Awards
I'd like to hear that also. Met him 2 years ago before he won the Olympia. Huge! He also sat in the Suburban with blacked out windows for about ten by himself. Wonder what he was doing?

PumpingIron

Awards
  • Established
Probably eating?

Someone needs to remind me.

pudzian2

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I'll haveta check when I'm at home. It was from the post Olympia thing he did in 2005 or 2004... It wasn't as candid as what he uses exactly just the fact that he does and that it isn't as much as everyone believes.

I actually came across it on BB.com, I'll hop over and see if I can't come up with it off a simple search.
That would be awesome thanks man

PumpingIron

Awards
  • Established
yea nothing, i'll have to take a look at some of the video sites i have book marked on my personal comp...

...honestly remind me after 6pm.

pudzian2

Banned
Awards
  • Established
hey PumpingIron did you ever dig up that jay cutler thing?

nycste

nycste

Awards
  • Established
you guys do realize howmuch easier it is for lee priest to maintain right..

Height: 5'4"
Competition weight: 203 lbs.
Off-season weight: 230 lbs.

do you realize how easy it is to MAINTAIN 203-230LBS... EASY>

now try being cutler and ronnie being 300+ LBS. talk about a huge differnce

pudzian2

Banned
Awards
  • Established
you guys do realize howmuch easier it is for lee priest to maintain right..

Height: 5'4"
Competition weight: 203 lbs.
Off-season weight: 230 lbs.

do you realize how easy it is to MAINTAIN 203-230LBS... EASY>

now try being cutler and ronnie being 300+ LBS. talk about a huge differnce
maybe, but then again Jay and ronnie are in the upper 5 foot height range. proportionally they are probably a similar amount of muscle\per lb of bodyweight\per height. Ronnie and Jay are going to be heavier becuase of thier height to begin with so the added muscle from bodybuilding and drugs is just proportional.

PumpingIron

Awards
  • Established
Nah bro, comp (really electrical) problems last night...I didn't get a chance to hop online while I was at home. And I can't search video sites here.

BigAsTheSky

Awards
maybe, but then again Jay and ronnie are in the upper 5 foot height range. proportionally they are probably a similar amount of muscle\per lb of bodyweight\per height. Ronnie and Jay are going to be heavier becuase of thier height to begin with so the added muscle from bodybuilding and drugs is just proportional.

Priest @ 5'4", 230 is 3.6 lbs/in
Coleman @ 5'11", 320 is 4.5 lbs/in

That means Ronnie is 25% bigger than Priest in the offseason.