*** The Official HXC Music Thread *** - AnabolicMinds.com - Page 5

*** The Official HXC Music Thread ***

Page 5 of 7 First ... 34567 Last
  1. New Member

Alcina

Alcina formed at the close 2005, in Nashville, TN. With their catchy metalcore sound similar to Haste The Day, August Burns Red, and The Showdown, they immediately began building a solid hometown fan base, drawing hundreds of kids to many shows. By the summer of 2006 they self-produced an EP and began touring in the southeast, eastcoast, and midwest. After playing generator stages at Cornerstone Festival, they started receiving label attention. Just several months later they announced their signing to Holdfast Records in front of 400+ screaming fans in Nashville. Their 8-track EP was recorded in November 2006 at NME Studios in Nashville, TN. In January, Alcina’s hometown cd release show brought a soldout audiance of over 700 kids, one of the largest local hardcore shows RCKTWN Music Venue has ever had.

1 An Introduction
    2 The Tourniquet
    3 Kickin' It
    4 A Fist Full Of Regrets

5 Mercenary
    6 Almost Heroes
    7 Falling At The Feet Of What Keeps Us Alive
    8 A New Hope

2. Advanced Member

Alcina's singer sounds like the old Haste the Day vocalist, thats not him though is it? Im pretty sure he is married with a kid now...
  3. Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by rpen22 View Post
    It is indeed, my friend.

I'm a big fan of pretty much everything Daryl does as well.
    Ya, so much for that GlassJaw tour that was supposed to go down this summer. Although there have constantly been rumors like that floating around since the breakup.
    •   

4. New Member

Quote Originally Posted by whatastud08 View Post
    Alcina's singer sounds like the old Haste the Day vocalist, thats not him though is it? Im pretty sure he is married with a kid now...
    Jimmy Ryan is front man for Trenches
  5. Board Sponsor

Ya, so much for that GlassJaw tour that was supposed to go down this summer. Although there have constantly been rumors like that floating around since the breakup.
    My lucky-ass buddy just drove to LA and saw them on Oct. 28th. I wanted to go so bad, but I couldn't plan it because I thought I was going to be in contest prep when he told me about it.

He did bring me back a gj shirt, though.
  6. Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by rpen22 View Post
    My lucky-ass buddy just drove to LA and saw them on Oct. 28th. I wanted to go so bad, but I couldn't plan it because I thought I was going to be in contest prep when he told me about it.

He did bring me back a gj shirt, though.
    Crohn's is a helluva disease.
    I bet that show was sick. I have an old GJ shirt I got back when Worship& Tribute was released. The "Guns don't Kill People, GJ kills People" Shirt. Its like the one that huge guy in Happy Gilmore wears.
  7. Board Sponsor

Crohn's is a helluva disease.
    I bet that show was sick. I have an old GJ shirt I got back when Worship& Tribute was released. The "Guns don't Kill People, GJ kills People" Shirt. Its like the one that huge guy in Happy Gilmore wears.
    Yeah I've seen that one.

And as for the Crohn's, I had tickets for the glassJaw show in AZ last time they were supposed to be here, but Daryl got another flare up and they canceled. Needless to say, I was not very happy.
  8. New Member

Quote Originally Posted by dethklok View Post
    Sorry you didn't get to see them. They are sick live.

Crohn's keeps me from doing many of the things I want to do. I am sure Daryl wanted to be there but the pain of having Crohn's is something that may only be understood by living with it yourself.
    Oh yeah, I completely understand. Sorry to hear you've got to live with it too. I was just bummed cuz it was glassJaw. I've seen Daryl with Head Automatica probably 4 or 5 times though.

Apparently gj played all this new **** at the LA show a few weeks ago.
  10. New Member

I saw glassjaw live and sold out at the house of blues in december, man it was nothing short of witnessing a moment of rock'n'roll history, any legendary singers there has been, whether it be van morrison or freddie mercury, I think Daryl is god enough to be able to be among them.

I've seen them before at the 2003 warped tour and waaay back at like 2001 or 2002 when EYEWTKAS was what they had out and they were playing a small venue.

Man I miss the days when you could see such a killer band in front of such a small audience, and they're playing right in front of your face.
  11. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  220 lbs.

Sh!t man I've seen several bands "up close" live at small venues. There is this place where I'm from called the "Rainbow Ballroom" and this thing is just a small indoor...ballroom. I've seen Lamb of God, Trivium, Killswitch Engage, Bury Your Dead, All that Remains, Gojira, Machinehead, Deftones, and others. Being in such a confined area like that makes the music sound so much better and much more intense. I've been to outdoor concerts and it just doesn't sound the same. By the way, if you have never seen Lamb of God live, do so. Absolutely amazing. BYD was awesome too. Too bad Mat Bruso left.
  12. New Member

Quote Originally Posted by natedogg View Post
    Sh!t man I've seen several bands "up close" live at small venues. There is this place where I'm from called the "Rainbow Ballroom" and this thing is just a small indoor...ballroom. I've seen Lamb of God, Trivium, Killswitch Engage, Bury Your Dead, All that Remains, Gojira, Machinehead, Deftones, and others. Being in such a confined area like that makes the music sound so much better and much more intense. I've been to outdoor concerts and it just doesn't sound the same. By the way, if you have never seen Lamb of God live, do so. Absolutely amazing. BYD was awesome too. Too bad Mat Bruso left.
    The place I went to, that's shut-down now, is called the Fireside Bowl. Get this, this was not a ballroom... but a dive bowling alley with barely an excuse for a stage, and of course it did have the heavily abused tile ceiling.

Another place, which is still up and running but has gone to **** with the scenester homos is the Arlington Heights Knights of Columbus Hall. This place is a hall for the Knights of Columbus church organization, but they let promoters book shows there, local and touring. I've seen plenty of great bands there that have gone on to be huge. This is gonna sound funny to you guys but they actually show the first Fall Out Boy video there and I was there for it hah. I also remember seeing Rise Against there good times. I don't really go here anymore ever though, cause it is located in the suburbs, and man do I not like those kids! Last place I wanna be is somewhere with a bunch of 13 year old gothic looking sluts running around the place.

If you happen to live in the Chicago area I suggest you check out mP productions presents..

Also here's a good local band from around here:

MySpace.com - Hewhocorrupts - CHICAGO, US - Hardcore / Punk / Death Metal - www.myspace.com/hewhocorrupts
  13. Board Sponsor

This is all I have to say:

14. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'4"  191 lbs.

"throw more sh1t ***gots"

HAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA

I love dillinger escape plan
  15. New Member

I though you were going to post a video of their Justin Timberlake cover
  16. New Member

However, I never could get into Dillinger....

Candiria on the other hand

17. Board Sponsor

Quote Originally Posted by xjsynx View Post
    I though you were going to post a video of their Justin Timberlake cover
    I was actually going to in the other thread but I decided against it haha.
  18. Board Sponsor

Quote Originally Posted by MESSPLAY View Post
    "throw more sh1t ***gots"

HAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA

I love dillinger escape plan
    That's the best part. DEP are sick live.

Oh yeah, and their new album is legit. I was listening to it all day.
  19. New Member

Into The Moat

20. New Member

I am checking out this cat's list of top breakdowns.

What do you guys think?

Whitechapel - Ear to Ear
    Despised Icon - Retina
    Catalepsy - Truth
    Forever In Terror - Leviathan
    Arsonists get All The Girls - Shoeshine For Neptune

A lot of Metal bands here.
  21. New Member

10 - Moria - On the Eve of Glorious Battle
    9 - Parkway Drive - Picture Perfect Pathetic (hXc)
    8 - From a Second Story Window - I Tried Voodoo Once
    7 - Nights Like These - Memaw Make me a ****ing Turkey Sandwich (hXc)
    6 - Rose Funeral - Sledgehammer Facelift
    5 - The Acacia Strain - Killing on Empty (hXc)
    4 - Emmure - When Keeping it Real Goes Wrong (hXc)
    3 - The Faceless - The Ghost of A Stranger
    2 - As Blood Runs Black - Strife (Chug Chug) (hXc)
    1 - Symphony In Peril - Letting Go Would Be An End (hXc)
  22. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  220 lbs.

Has The Red Chord been mentioned (sorry if it has)? Awesome hardcore/metal band. Seriously though, check them out if you haven't already. I'd say they're like a much harder version of Norma Jean and The Chariot.
  23. Board Sponsor

I've never actually listened to them much(although I think I saw them live one time a while ago), but I'm a very big fan of Norma Jean and The Chariot, so I'm gonna have to check them out now.
  24. New Member

Quote Originally Posted by xjsynx View Post
    I am checking out this cat's list of top breakdowns.

What do you guys think?

Whitechapel - Ear to Ear
    Despised Icon - Retina
    Catalepsy - Truth
    Forever In Terror - Leviathan
    Arsonists get All The Girls - Shoeshine For Neptune

A lot of Metal bands here.
    Dude the heaviest breakdown ever written IMO is at the end of Broken Mouth by Martyr A.D. Nothing better to get you through a slump in the gym than having that riff hit! I mean that entire cd is ridiculous breakdown after ridiculous breakdown!
  25. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'4"  191 lbs.

I dont know if this has been mentioned either but the breakdown from Dead To Fall's Bastard Set Of Dreams could enable me to lift cars. If you don't want to listen to the whole song (it's a good song) the breakdown starts at 1:40

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HdH8NYsDwWk"]YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.[/nomedia]
  26. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  220 lbs.

Good news: Found a band that I really like this past week. A Dozen Furies won the battle of Ozzfest in 2003 and released "A Concept from Fire" in 2005. It's a really good metalcore album. For fans of All That Remains, Shadows Fall, Becoming the Archetype, etc.

Bad News: Unfortunately they split in 2006.
  27. New Member

Good news: Found a band that I really like this past week. A Dozen Furies won the battle of Ozzfest in 2003 and released "A Concept from Fire" in 2005. It's a really good metalcore album. For fans of All That Remains, Shadows Fall, Becoming the Archetype, etc.

Bad News: Unfortunately they split in 2006.
    Yeah I dig them. And it explains why I haven't heard from them as of late...
  28. New Member

One of my favorite bands that broke up before they really were ever given a chance are Falling Cycle, out of SOCAL, on Facedown records. Them and Sinai Beach were coming up around the same time and even saw them play with AILD, but then out of nowhere they just sort of broke up. http://www.myspace.com/fallingcycle
  29. New Member

Falling Cycle

That was also when Sinai Beach was great as well, but I did not care for their release on Victory records.

Another band from Facedown was Symphony In Peril, which also broke up in 2005.
  30. Advanced Member

Hehehe....I like that Emmure breakdown.

"Won't you be my bride?"
    CHAHWACHAWAHWAWABAWAWA
  31. New Member

Speaking of Facedown records. I am really digging A Plea For Purging

32. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  220 lbs.

I just recieved Between the Buried and Me's newest CD Colors. Great CD. I really can't explain it. It's one of those CD's you just need to listen to to appreciate. Kind of like Tool if you catch my drift.
  33. Board Sponsor

Agreed.
  34. New Member

I just recieved Between the Buried and Me's newest CD Colors. Great CD. I really can't explain it. It's one of those CD's you just need to listen to to appreciate. Kind of like Tool if you catch my drift.
    That is why I haven't picked it up quite yet...

I've been listening to Strife lately

35. New Member

BTW

Where does everybody pick up their music from?

I usually go through RevHq or Very...
  36. New Member

Strife

A huge influence on me. Strife is one of the bands that pulled me into the hXc scene let alone sXe scene...

MySpace

It's been too long. Legendary hardcore destroyers Strife have returned with a new force of destruction so powerful that, like other Strife releases before it, will forever alter the landscape of hard music as we know it. "Angermeans" will hit stores on December 18.

Strife got their start in Los Angeles, CA in 1991 and quickly became one of the first hardcore bands from the west coast to gain worldwide notoriety. Together with their east coast partners (and eventual labelmates) Earth Crisis, Strife began to inspire young people in California and across the nation to fight for their mantra.

Strife quickly took the world by storm, releasing their debut CD, "One Truth"(VR16) in 1994. The album quickly took off, going on to sell tens of thousands of copies inspiring people to stand up for their beliefs. Strife became a symbol of freedom to choose one’s own lifestyle. Strife became the flagbearers of uplifting and motivating hard music. Strife convinced thousands of young people to stand up for their rights and beliefs in a manner that no other band before or since has been able to capture.

To tide over hungry fans across the nation, Strife released the much-heralded "Grey" 7"(VR32) in 1996. The release showcased two previously unavailable tracks, "Grey" and "To An End". Later that year, Strife became one of the first hardcore bands to document their travels and live shows in a groundbreaking Video release known only as ‘One Truth ‘(VR43). The video showcased the antics (some of them life-threatening) of a young band on the road from California to New York City, “One Truth Live” showed a true perspective of life as a touring band.

In 1997, Victory released Strife's sophomore studio album, "In This Defiance"(VR54). The album brought together the mainstream and underground metal and hardcore genres into one complete package of mayhem, destruction and pestilence. Featuring guest appearances from members of FEAR FACTORY, SEPULTURA and DEFTONES, "In This Defiance" was a groundbreaking album for Strife fusing the gap between hardcore, punk, and metal.

It was a dark and dismal day in early 1998 when Strife made the critical decision to disband and simply walk away from their much beloved music scene; a scene that they felt was becoming increasingly stagnant and uninteresting. It was time for fans across the nation and around the world to mourn the loss of one the most important and scene altering hardcore bands to ever take the stage. Hardcore would never be the same.

In early 2000, Strife once again made an important decision. After reforming to play several benefit shows for the family of a close friend who had recently passed away, the members of Strife realized that the time was right to bring the band back into the waiting arms of the Hardcore scene. Strife was reborn, and they soon began writing material for a new release. Strife returned to the studio in July of 2001 to begin tracking for "Angermeans." Strife’s new CD will be released on December 18. "Angermeans" not only brings forth the resurrection of one of the pinnacle underground bands of the 1990’s, it also lays the groundwork for other hard rock bands to follow and build upon. The CD features guest appearances from some of the most talented and influential musicians in music today. Cypress Hill's ace percussionist Bobo funks things up with his tribal drum rhythms.

Strife's third album has been highly anticipated for over four years marking their strongest and most diverse work ever. Their live show is unparalleled in its intensity and brutality. In support of their new record, Strife is currently in the process of gearing up for their first U.S. tour in more than 4 years

One Truth
    Track List
    1. THROUGH AND THROUGH
    2. WHAT WILL REMAIN
    3. LIFT
    4. STILL RISE
    5. FACE
    6. AM I THE ONLY ONE
    7. ARMS OF THE FEW
    8. TO THE SURFACE
    9. SHADOW’S END
    10. SLIPPING
    11. MOMENT’S LOST
    12. QUESTION MARK
    13. INNER STRUGGLE
    14. CALM THE FIRE

In This Defiance
    Track List
    1. INTRO
    2. WAITING
    3. FORCE OF CHANGE
    4. STAND AS ONE (REDEMPTION)
    5. GREY
    6. WILL TO DIE
    7. BLISTERED
    8. FORGOTTON ONE
    9. WISH I KNEW
    10. TO AN END
    11. OVERTHROW
    12. OUTTRO

Truth Through Defiance
    Track List
    1. UNTITLED
    2. ALL FROM THE PAST
    3. CIRCUIT
    4. MOVE TOWARDS
    5. GLOBAL DOMINATION
    6. WAITING
    7. FORCE OF CHANGE
    8. WISH I KNEW
    9. BLISTERED
    10. WILL TO DIE
    11. GREY
    12. THROUGH AND THROUGH
    13. AM I THE ONLY ONE
    14. WAITING
    15. WHAT WILL REMAIN
    16. INNER STRUGGLE
    17. QUESTION MARK

Angermeans
    Track List
    1. Rise again
    2. Life Stained Red
    3. Spill No Blood
    4. Angel Wings
    5. Angermeans
    6. From These Graves
    7. Staring At the Sky
    8. Mine Alone
    9. Everything Stripped Away
    10. Mon Bel Ami
  37. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  220 lbs.

I get my music from Amazon. I also have new CD's by Oh Sleeper, Demon Hunter, and Parkway Drive coming. Looking forward to that.

Also, check out Mnemic (might have been mentioned already). If you like In Flames, you'll like these dudes.

I'll have to check out Strife later for sure.
  38. New Member

I get my music from Amazon. I also have new CD's by Oh Sleeper, Demon Hunter, and Parkway Drive coming. Looking forward to that.

Also, check out Mnemic (might have been mentioned already). If you like In Flames, you'll like these dudes.

I'll have to check out Strife later for sure.
    I have Parkway Drive's latest "Horizons" Solis stuff.

Check out A Well Thought Tragedy out. New CD out Jan 8...
  39. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  220 lbs.

Speaking of BTBM and sort of piggybacking off of another post, they made a cover album called [ame="http://www.amazon.com/Anatomy-Between-Buried-Me/dp/B000FIHJFG/ref=pd_bbs_sr_4?ie=UTF8&s=musi c&qid=1196235547&sr=8-4"]"The Anatomy Of."[/ame] Some really solid remakes on there from bands like Metallica, Motely Crue, Soundgarden, Pantera, Queen, Pink Floyd, Smashing Pumpkins, etc.
  40. Board Sponsor

I had forgotten about that, but their cover of Bicycle Race was pretty good.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. The Official Product Request Thread
    By stryder in forum Nutraplanet
    Replies: 4028
    Last Post: 08-18-2014, 04:52 PM
  2. The Official Chewing Tobacco thread
    By Taylor's Pride in forum General Chat
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 02-21-2009, 09:50 AM
  3. The Official Deadlift Appreciation Thread
    By sp447 in forum Training Forum