How Has God Changed You?

Beau

Beau

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Even though I am one who tends to joke a lot, I'd like to ask that you respond to this only if you believe God has changed your life.

So, if God has changed you, how did He change you and under what circumstances? What changes did you make to allow this to happen?

Ribo68

Ribo68

Awards
That's a question that would require a lot of space for me to answer. Let's just say that God has brought me miles and miles from the pit I was in just a handful of years ago. He is so awesome! In every area of life I am blessed because of Him.

T

tattoopierced1

i need a change from him right now more than ever......

motive

motive

Awards
  • Established
i was just thinking today that i need to get back on track

spatch

spatch

Awards
  • Established
Simply too many things to say. Heres one that isnt that typical thought.

God has made me kind of Communistic... in a way. If Communism were practical, I would be a full fledged commy.

Instead of the members of my household being my "family," I like to view each and every person on earth as my family. I no longer strive for my advancements (except I do want enought to raise my kids in a good enviornment). This is part of the reason I will work in the health field. With God, I see each person as a peice of humanity, and thus a piece of God, and I would like if we could all advance and live as 1. I want the work I do to advance mankind as a whole. Obviously thats not the way the world works in 2007.

R

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
I used to have a pretty bad relationship with God around a decade ago. There was several circumstances that were the darkest years of my life Things started to change when I changed my attitude and started accepting him into my life.

Things for me couldn't be better than they are right now. That's it in a nutshell.

motive

motive

Awards
  • Established
well let me ask this to the gear users... do you feel at all guilty for it in a christian sense?

R

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
I'm wondering how ppl will answer this.

bludevil

bludevil

Awards
  • Established
As far as gear and God goes, I've never used it so I can't answer.

Just like the other posters before me, not enough time in the day to reply to what God has done for me but I can quickly say he brought me out of alcohol and drug use, gave me a good job, a beutiful-loving wife and 2 great kids. I'm still in awe that my Lord and Saviour just simply didn't give up on me, even though my life was full of sin. He still loved me no matter what and once I dedicated my life to him, my whole world seemed to turn around.

motive

motive

Awards
  • Established
i think everyones avoiding my ?.... i feel guilty

motive

motive

Awards
  • Established
well alot of people would say its wrong to do any drugs and would classify gear as a sin... i personaly think that social view on steroids is all b.s. but what about the christian view

mmowry

mmowry

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Like the others before me....drugs, alcohol, sex, violence, hate, fear, witchcraft and many other vices/sins Im either totaly free of or have them now within healthy parameters.I was most recently delivered of tobacco......no mood swings,binge eating nothing.Praise the Lord! :D

Ive been blessed with a new wife and 1 child with one on the way and the best thing besides salvation and my relationship with Christ is I have peace.I sleep well and I can be joyful even when things seem to be falling apart all around me.

Life isnt a bed of roses but it never will be for anyone but I now have a life but before I was barely existing.

On gear if its illegal its illegal and thats that.I dont have a problem with it per se but the illegal route would be too costly for my family and me for it to be an option nowadays.

On judgement day there will be more important questions to answer than did you use D-Bol though. :D

RisingAgainst

RisingAgainst

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Wow... lots of good posts.. I owe everything to my heavenly father... he's provided me with more than I tend to give thanks for. To be honest, I lost faith when my mom died 9 years ago, and it took me this long to finally dummy up and realize the truth. God isn't secretive either, ask him through prayer, he'll answer you in one way or another.

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
I owe everything to God and Jesus Christ. I have a wonderful life and even though I've been through very tough times things always work out in my favor. I view the problems in my life as tests of faith and obstacles to make me stronger.

He has *changed* me by giving me the true outlook on life, that is to "be in this world but not OF this world." I beleive God sent me someone special in my life to save me from the valley of the shadow of death which I was once in. He then gave me the strength and courage to carry on a Good life of faith and morality, despite the fact that in today's society (and my generation) people look down on that.

The sad thing is, the fact that Sin is so common in our society takes the fear away ... the outlook 'i'll see you in hell' is all too lightly thrown around.

well let me ask this to the gear users... do you feel at all guilty for it in a christian sense?
I beleive vanity can lead to sinning. I beleive you must build your spiritual body as much as your physical body. I also beleive that I build muscle to protect the weak and ones I love, so no I don't beleive I'm sinning as long as I remain humble and follow good moral standards.

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I truly believe that He doesn't change you, per se. God knew damn well what he was doing well before your great-grandparents were even born. The righteous and unrighteous things you do is part of your 'training' to fulfill his [whatever he is trying to accomplish].

Example of what I'm getting at:
Several of my born again friends from church were raised in rough lives filled with sex, drugs, violence and rock'n'roll. Now they're spreading the word of the Lord to places where a person who didn't have their upbringing would get eaten alive. Now our church is growing. People come in empty, and come out full .(I think there's a bible passage similar to that last sentence, but I STINK at memorizing passages).

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
hey leave me out of this! no pun intended up there right?
:toofunny: I didn't even notice that.

No, I just mean it's important to realize why the person decides to use them in the first place.

Examples:
One of my friend's ex-roommates bought and used superdrol for the sole purpose of it's libido boost so he could ...... with his girlfriend every night.

In about early-mid February, there will be AT LEAST 30 people at my college who will get their hands on some winstrol so that they can 'look sexy' for Spring Break.

motive

motive

Awards
  • Established
:toofunny: I didn't even notice that.

No, I just mean it's important to realize why the person decides to use them in the first place.

Examples:
One of my friend's ex-roommates bought and used superdrol for the sole purpose of it's libido boost so he could ...... with his girlfriend every night.

In about early-mid February, there will be AT LEAST 30 people at my college who will get their hands on some winstrol so that they can 'look sexy' for Spring Break.
looking sexy is a part of having sex too!!!

R

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
damn, winny for SB huh ? Orals are poison IMO. If I were to do gear, I'd pin with only testosterone. Probably Test e+Sustonon 250. Its in all of our bodies so it is not toxic....although there are side effects of course.

The whole 17a thing in orals is messed up IMO.

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
damn, winny for SB huh ? Orals are poison IMO. If I were to do gear, I'd pin with only testosterone. Probably Test e+Sustonon 250. Its in all of our bodies so it is not toxic....although there are side effects of course.

The whole 17a thing in orals is messed up IMO.
People keep saying test is non-toxic, but there is a toxicity level to exogeneous testosterone; however, it can't even hold a flashlight to some of the orals we're taking.

Beau

Beau

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
In the last 4 months I’ve surrendered things to God that I used to think I could handle. And I tried, for 8 years, to handle them - and I failed every time. The problem area in my life was a serious and deep hurt stemming from a deception and disloyalty by someone close to me. This caused tremendous pain, suffering and bitterness. I knew that I had to forgive.

Ready? I had no idea how I could get over something of this magnitude. I was haunted by it. It became all I thought about. The pain became “my life”. I felt nothing but an occasional explosion of anger and, once subsided, emotional numbness. I trusted NO ONE.

And then I finally surrendered, prompted by another emotional jolt. God was there for me. So were several Christian friends I reached out to (remember, since I trusted NO ONE – I had put myself in a self-imposed solitary confinement). God has given me a sense of peace and forgiveness that I doubted would ever happen.

I didn’t have the strength or wherewithal to make these changes by myself. God did. I’ve finally begun the process I long ago wished for. There still is a lot of work to do – but I’m better off today by a mile.

R

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
People keep saying test is non-toxic, but there is a toxicity level to exogeneous testosterone; however, it can't even hold a flashlight to some of the orals we're taking.
I guess if you really wanted to get to the nitty gritty of it, toxicity is determined via dose.

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I guess if you really wanted to get to the nitty gritty of it, toxicity is determined via dose.
Unless you're "Ronnie-Dosing" it, you should be ok. 500mg per week is a good place to start

looking sexy is a part of having sex too!!!
Fornicating with drunken strangers is a little different, though.

somewhatgifted

somewhatgifted

Awards
  • Established
I dont think anyone can change who you are, the truths of life are available to those who will listen and the answers are yours to take. The beauty of what i understand about god is that its always your choice and therefore you hold all your own answers, i like many only need stregth and time to realise those realities.

R

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
Unless you're "Ronnie-Dosing" it, you should be ok. 500mg per week is a good place to start

Fornicating with drunken strangers is a little different, though.

Lol I thought Ronnie Coleman said he was 'all natural' ?

The only thing about gear to me is the health effects. The whole 'I earned it bit', or 'It feels better to push iron naturally', cost, etc, etc....I don't care about any of that. It is solely health effects and that's it.

If gear was as harmless as vitamin c or something, then I'd have been all over dat shet a long time ago.

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Lol I thought Ronnie Coleman said he was 'all natural' ?

The only thing about gear to me is the health effects. The whole 'I earned it bit', or 'It feels better to push iron naturally', cost, etc, etc....I don't care about any of that. It is solely health effects and that's it.

If gear was as harmless as vitamin c or something, then I'd have been all over dat shet a long time ago.
Those slabs of mass weren't 'inserted or implanted' on him; he still had to work for it. It's a very common misconception that steroids are "easy street", but you still have to work to achieve your goals.

R

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
Those slabs of mass weren't 'inserted or implanted' on him; he still had to work for it. It's a very common misconception that steroids are "easy street", but you still have to work to achieve your goals.
Yep I agree. My diet could be better than what it is right now, but it is still pretty decent for as much as I travel. Same with my workouts, they stay about as good as they can with the instability that I have. To be honest with you, I've been in this deadlock with my physique for maybe 3 months now.

I really haven't taken the time to re-assess what's going on. At first I thought it was just my diet, but thinking about it I might adjust my training too. Who knows. I haven't lost anything, I just haven't gained. I started back in....Aug 2005 with only a tub of Nitro-Tech...(yeah yeah) @ 158lbs and 13% BF.

As of now I weigh 185lbs @ 18% BF.....so yeah I put on some fat and muscle in the past 2 years......

If I took gear/PS back when I first started I'd probably be around 190-195lbs @ 18% BF.

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yep I agree. My diet could be better than what it is right now, but it is still pretty decent for as much as I travel. Same with my workouts, they stay about as good as they can with the instability that I have. To be honest with you, I've been in this deadlock with my physique for maybe 3 months now.

I really haven't taken the time to re-assess what's going on. At first I thought it was just my diet, but thinking about it I might adjust my training too. Who knows. I haven't lost anything, I just haven't gained. I started back in....Aug 2005 with only a tub of Nitro-Tech...(yeah yeah) @ 158lbs and 13% BF.

As of now I weigh 185lbs @ 18% BF.....so yeah I put on some fat and muscle in the past 2 years......

If I took gear/PS back when I first started I'd probably be around 190-195lbs @ 18% BF.
That's about 13lbs of lean body mass in two-ish years just using 'the basics', which is pretty commendable, IMO. I take it you weren't spoon fed every little trick in the book to make your gains either (i.e. you learned everything on your own).

I think guys like Ronnie say they're 'all natural' because they do not want Johnny Nevertrained getting the impression that steroids are the only way to get results because they're not. They're especially not the first thing a person should use. I didn't start doing cycles until I had been training for almost 8 years.

R

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
That's about 13lbs of lean body mass in two-ish years just using 'the basics', which is pretty commendable, IMO. I take it you weren't spoon fed every little trick in the book to make your gains either (i.e. you learned everything on your own).

I think guys like Ronnie say they're 'all natural' because they do not want Johnny Nevertrained getting the impression that steroids are the only way to get results because they're not. They're especially not the first thing a person should use. I didn't start doing cycles until I had been training for almost 8 years.
Actually, if you want to get technical I've been 'lifting' for 5 years. The first 3 years were coupled wih incredibly poor training, only training 1 time a week, dreadful diet, and too much alcohol.

Haha, around August 2005 I started thinking to myself, "hm, I've been lifting for 3 years and only gained 1 lb. I must be doing something wrong."

At that point I started doing more research myself and printing out every single printable exercise table on bb.com to use at the weightroom.

I just started going through all those papers and eating better. Even still I overtrained quite a bit and still made a ton of mistakes. Up until this point I'm still continuing to learn and try new things, but I've really got a handle on things now....fortunately.

I remember I asked at least 20 different ppl through when I first started up until the end of 2006 to give me tips and help me out in bb'ing that were in it. No one ever really took time to explain anything to me or whatever. Still kinda pisses me off until now. But anyways, so yeah if there's a will there's a way and I just sorta figured it all out.

Now that I think about it, Ronnie Coleman says he's natural b/c he's a cop.

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
In the last 4 months I’ve surrendered things to God that I used to think I could handle. And I tried, for 8 years, to handle them - and I failed every time. The problem area in my life was a serious and deep hurt stemming from a deception and disloyalty by someone close to me. This caused tremendous pain, suffering and bitterness. I knew that I had to forgive.

Ready? I had no idea how I could get over something of this magnitude. I was haunted by it. It became all I thought about. The pain became “my life”. I felt nothing but an occasional explosion of anger and, once subsided, emotional numbness. I trusted NO ONE.

And then I finally surrendered, prompted by another emotional jolt. God was there for me. So were several Christian friends I reached out to (remember, since I trusted NO ONE – I had put myself in a self-imposed solitary confinement). God has given me a sense of peace and forgiveness that I doubted would ever happen.

I didn’t have the strength or wherewithal to make these changes by myself. God did. I’ve finally begun the process I long ago wished for. There still is a lot of work to do – but I’m better off today by a mile.
Our God is good. We often accept salvation at a moments notice but are not ready to surrender our will to Him and allow Him to be the Lord of our lives. It is at that place that the changes that you desire begin to manifest. We are not a better self we are a new self. Thanks for sharing your testimony.

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yeah, BB.com is.....well....when you get that many people on the forum........well......you get THAT.

I think I spent 2 months there, had people IMing me with a sexual agenda (ewww), and I just said f*ck it. AM was the first board I joined, and the only one I actively participate in. If you're ever looking for some info/advice, you can probably get it through here.

Ribo68

Ribo68

Awards
Hey guys...quit hijacking the thread :)
Word! (no pun intended) You know, it never takes more than reading a couple of lines or so of a post about God to determine who the real God-loving, God-fearing people are.
It is only the DOER of the Word who's blessed. I love the testimonies.

LiftNDestroy

LiftNDestroy

Awards
  • Established
The faithfulness of our God is overwhelming. I grew up without a biological father, and even more so grew up around heavy drug usage. My mother didn't have a high paying job so I never had the nicest clothing, or the most expensive shoes like all of my friends growing up. However God gave me a loving grandmother that provided for me when no one else could. There's honestly no telling where I'd be if it were not for him! All things definately work for the good of those who love the Lord!

Ribo68

Ribo68

Awards
Your childhood sounds very similar to mine. 'Cept I had two praying grandparents. He is good, ALL THE TIME!

TheUnlikelyToad

TheUnlikelyToad

Awards
  • Established
I think we should share each others, you mine, me yours ;)
I was thinking about this a couple weeks ago. Jeff from M&M asked some question about heaven and hell I believe... anyhow, my answer to that was well thought out pulling from personal experience. It took a lot of time to articulate and compose. I wish I would have saved that answer. It actually inspired me, and I wrote it. A few days later it was deleted.

I wonder if you could pick it up through one of those saved google searches. I don't know how to do that but maybe there's a chance.

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Mine is documented here and there over here and at M&M. I have shared it to warm welcomes and not so warm. But you know how it is.

Beau

Beau

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Guys,

I need your prayers right now. I just found out about a situation involving my spouse and her coworker. I handled it in a Godly way. It took evrything I had, plus huge reliance on God.

My heart is broken.

2nd time.

mmowry

mmowry

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
youve got it!

RisingAgainst

RisingAgainst

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Guys,

I need your prayers right now. I just found out about a situation involving my spouse and her coworker. I handled it in a Godly way. It took evrything I had, plus huge reliance on God.

My heart is broken.

2nd time.
I'm with Mmowry, you got it man.

Beau

Beau

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I just found out, it WAS sexual. For 8 months, we just separated.

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I just found out, it WAS sexual. For 8months, we just separated.
I'm so sorry to hear about this.

No matter how hard the struggle, I want you to keep your chin up and always remember this:

God puts difficult events in the lives of many as a way to prepare you for better things to come. Though I cannot give you my testimony (it will give up my anonymity), I can definitely say from my experiences that the toughest of times are nothing more than a preparations for the greatest blessings you will ever receive.