We lost one of our fellow officers today

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
He passed away today from liver cancer but what I wanted to say to everyone is to make sure your affairs are taken care of regardless of your current health. Retirement, life insurance, savings, wills and other issues need to to be addressed and fully explained and in writing. These times should be for mourning and not dealing with these stresses.

tattoopierced1

sorry for your loss. Had a buddy just sworn into the force today.

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
Very sorry, Jay. Indeed..everyone should make sure their affairs are in order and take care of your loved ones.

CROWLER

CROWLER

Anabolic Innovations Owner
Awards
  • Established
Our prayers are with his friends and family.

Also GREAT advice Jay, very valuable.

CROWLER

crader

crader

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Sorry to hear it Jay. I'm sure he will be greatly missed.

moklepaul

moklepaul

Awards
  • Established
I'm 22 and have all my life insurance and will lined up. Too much red tape if you don't.

Sorry for your stations loss Jay. How old was he?

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
58 and was due to retire in Jan 2008. I've buried more police officers than I did soldiers and I will never know how people get used to these things. Just dealing with getting the honor guard and such situated has stressed the living hell out of me.

bLacKjAck.

bLacKjAck.

Lift Heavy
Awards
  • Established
Always hate hearing things like this man, but it happens anyway doesn't it?

Very well said advice man.

Maybe he is in a better place now though?

CNizz

CNizz

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
our condolences to his friends and family, hopefully the family is not left with too much to handle

CDB

CDB

Awards
  • Established
58 and was due to retire in Jan 2008. I've buried more police officers than I did soldiers and I will never know how people get used to these things. Just dealing with getting the honor guard and such situated has stressed the living hell out of me.
Because doing all that makes you focus on his death rather than his life. The latter is what counts, when you get the incidental stuff behind you you'll be better able to cope.

I've left explicit instructions that I'm not to have a funeral. Burn me in the simplest pine box, get me in an urn, throw a party and spread the ashes somewhere I'll enjoy being is my request. A vineyard would be nice.

I think making too much of the person's death concentrates your attention on the wrong thing. Unfortunately people always want to make a production of death. They should be making a production of life.

"Everybody dies, not everybody really lives"

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
These things suck Jay. It sounds as if you lost someone real special. The bad thing about not getting your affairs taken care of is that family members will argue and look foolish about the things they should inherit. I've seen this happen in my family.

CDB

CDB

Awards
  • Established
These things suck Jay. It sounds as if you lost someone real special. The bad thing about not getting your affairs taken care of is that family members will argue and look foolish about the things they should inherit. I've seen this happen in my family.
Same here. The advice is good. Make everything as clear as possible. That way there's no misunderstandings and no one has to try and figure stuff out while they're dealing with the loss. It's basically your last present to the people you care about, ease in dealing with your death.

anabolicrhino

anabolicrhino

Awards
  • Established
Sorry to hear about the loss of your friend.

Sometime life presents us with things that seem like they are hurtful and meaningless, until we discover their meanings in our lives and realize the make us more human.

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
Sorry for your loss, but good point.

Have it all secured otherwise theyll take that **** away from ya