Arriving in USA from another country

nycste

nycste

Awards
  • Established
Just wondering did anyone bring any supplements on their travels.

did they get searched. did anything get taken away.

stuff along those lines if so please share your stories.

i got a friend coming here and wanted to findout what they should and or should not bring any help is great.

motive

motive

Awards
  • Established
i carried an entire bag of supps and all my workout stuff with me. they searched through it but nothing was taken. if your going to bring them i recommend you just check them in to save the hassle of having them as a carry on. if its a carry on they may open up all the supps and check them out, pretty time consuming.
my other buddy has a bottle that he puts all his supps in and when they took it. since it was one bottle with alot of different stuff in it.

nycste

nycste

Awards
  • Established
i carried an entire bag of supps and all my workout stuff with me. they searched through it but nothing was taken. if your going to bring them i recommend you just check them in to save the hassle of having them as a carry on. if its a carry on they may open up all the supps and check them out, pretty time consuming.
my other buddy has a bottle that he puts all his supps in and when they took it. since it was one bottle with alot of different stuff in it.
thanks for your response. i think im deciding not to try to bring anything over. but who knows waiting for more responses.

rpen22

rpen22

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
thanks for your response. i think im deciding not to try to bring anything over. but who knows waiting for more responses.
From the resonses I read at MMI, I'm thinking that's a good idea.

nycste

nycste

Awards
  • Established
From the resonses I read at MMI, I'm thinking that's a good idea.
i hear ya bro. but motive is the first person to actually tell me a legit story. i gladly welcome just straight up advice as to your stupid for trying to bring in something that might get caught or seized but they also gave no real feedback or stories.

i mean if i bring a suitcase with clothes and some bcaa pills, some jungle warfare pills, and lets just say umm 2 bottles of 1ad and 4ad the legit stuff. customs knows the diff. and wouldnt ther person just say o i didnt know it was illegal in usa since half the stuff is legit. just stuff im thinking about. last thing im doing is getting someone in trouble.

rpen22

rpen22

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I guess you could try, but the guy who said he works for customs or whatever made it sound pretty serious, with the person losing their passport and whatnot.

motive

motive

Awards
  • Established
ok, i just asked my buddy that is a navy customs officer. he said that its all up to the checker himself. pretty much by what he says, if they seem to be tolerable to you bringing the supps then its a go. if he decides he needs to bring it to someone elses attention then count on losing them.
as far as losing your passport or anything else happening like a fine or anything for that matter he says that complete b.s.
unless its something of serious offense like a weapon or serious drugs he says that they will just toss them and let you go on your way.
he agreed your best bet is to check them in with your bags. just leave them in your bags and dont try carrying them on the plane since carry ons get a more detailed search. the chances of them stoping a bag thats been checked in over a bottle of supplements isnt very likely but if they pull them out in front of other people then count on a possible loss.
my source for this info is a navy customs officer and has been for 5 years. hes a very trustful friend and he use to work at dfw for 2 years.

nycste

nycste

Awards
  • Established
ok, i just asked my buddy that is a navy customs officer. he said that its all up to the checker himself. pretty much by what he says, if they seem to be tolerable to you bringing the supps then its a go. if he decides he needs to bring it to someone elses attention then count on losing them.
as far as losing your passport or anything else happening like a fine or anything for that matter he says that complete b.s.
unless its something of serious offense like a weapon or serious drugs he says that they will just toss them and let you go on your way.
he agreed your best bet is to check them in with your bags. just leave them in your bags and dont try carrying them on the plane since carry ons get a more detailed search. the chances of them stoping a bag thats been checked in over a bottle of supplements isnt very likely but if they pull them out in front of other people then count on a possible loss.
my source for this info is a navy customs officer and has been for 5 years. hes a very trustful friend and he use to work at dfw for 2 years.
some great info. and exactly as i had imagined.

i mean losing your stash sucks but thats nothing compared to someone getting in trouble.no one wants that.