Awards
who watched 300 and jsut wanted to go lift or jsut f*ck some ppl up lol

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I personally just wanted to consult an oracle.

Squeaks4ver

Squeaks4ver

Awards
  • Established
I agree with that post jayhawk! lol

anabolicrhino

anabolicrhino

Awards
  • Established
I wanted(and still do) to have my body embedded in a "Wall of Death" outside the city where all men can gaze upon it with fear in their hearts as they examine their own self pity!

but, that's just how I roll

lifted

lifted

Awards
  • Established
Def bad-azz. Luved it, that sky of arrows scene was remarkable.

swanee609

swanee609

Awards
i cant beleave he missed that guy at the end with the spear i wanted to see him get one rate between the eyes lol

CDB

CDB

Awards
  • Established
I dug a well and started throwing people into it.

OCCFan023

OCCFan023

Awards
  • Established
i cant beleave he missed that guy at the end with the spear i wanted to see him get one rate between the eyes lol
Even though that wasnt how it happened in the battle I thought that was one of the coolest parts of the movie. Seeing Xerxes quiver in the face of his "god amongst men" being destoryed was superb. I just wish they had incorporated the famous men who fight for honor not money quote, that would made the movie even more badass/inspiring.

Has anyone been able to watch 300 in HD or blue ray?

Squeaks4ver

Squeaks4ver

Awards
  • Established
i have blue ray.. honestly, i don't see much of a difference..even my TV is suppose to be perfect for that format.. but whatever I won it at a PBA thing

motive

motive

Awards
  • Established
i have a lawsuit against the makers of 300... they imposed my abs on everyone in the movie! without asking me first!!!

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
Yeah..and they stole my surly attitude..tha bastids.

Another flick that has not gotten much love is Pathfinder. NO, it's nowhere near as good as 300, but it's got some cool slaying and testosterone charged aggression. It has a lot of great imagery, but the acting is just robotic.

It DOES however have Clancy Brown, aka The Kurgin from Highlander, playing a huge Viking.

Worth a view, IMO.

Chad

Chad

Banned
Awards
  • Established
i went and had pizza. why? cause i`ll never have abs like those guys so fcuk it!

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
That flick brainwashed me into thinking that killing is normal. There are about 300 or so dead people in my backyard that I had to kill because they were hippies. I don't think hippies count as people so it's no biggie. It's not as if I killed dogs like Michael Vick's entourage.

Those guys were so fvckin ripped that I think I have to stack Tren with Winny in my next cycle, even at the expense of my hairline LOL.

ahsbaseball08

ahsbaseball08

Awards
i love that movie, i just bought it on blueray. its badass!

i could watch it everyday...

the russian

the russian

Awards
One of my top 20...

I'm going to watch it tonight.

You think those guys were juiced...?

ahsbaseball08

ahsbaseball08

Awards
One of my top 20...

Idk man, i watched some of the makings of the movie, and it showed them pretty much in the gym 24/7. But they would have had to :good: a ****load in order to get that big to make that movie, i dont think one guy on that movie was under 250, they were all jacked. But i wouldnt doubt it if thier was a little bit of help being offerd along the way...
:wave:

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
I think they did juice. I don't buy the whole "we were in the gym for 6 hours everyday" thing as that defies even the most basic BBing/muscle building approach. If I did that, even eating a ton, I'd probably be lean..but wirey.

Chad

Chad

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I think they did juice. I don't buy the whole "we were in the gym for 6 hours everyday" thing as that defies even the most basic BBing/muscle building approach. If I did that, even eating a ton, I'd probably be lean..but wirey.
i was thinking the same thing. maybe a mild dose of tren and winny with lots of cardio and low fat diet. :cheers:

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
Idk man, i watched some of the makings of the movie, and it showed them pretty much in the gym 24/7. But they would have had to :good: a ****load in order to get that big to make that movie, i dont think one guy on that movie was under 250, they were all jacked. But i wouldnt doubt it if thier was a little bit of help being offerd along the way...
Most of the guys in that movie are not very big at all. 250+? I was expecting a lot more out of 300. I thought it was pretty bad. I could barely sit through the last 30 minutes.

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
One of my top 20...

The lead guy has some visible gyno in the first few scenes from what I remember.

It was pretty good. The one thing I didn't like was how many "monsters" were in the movie. I know it's a comic book, but I thought they took it a little too far.

CDB

CDB

Awards
  • Established
I seriously doubt most of them were over 200lbs. They were cut as hell with a moderate amount of muscle, certainy not massive. Butler was fairly big, and David Wenam put on a few pounds it seemed. Most others just looked slightly above normal weight and cut.

And I don't necessarily think they juiced. That's just how they make their living. If you have 24/7 to devote to fitness because it's necessary for your job, you can get a lot done. As opposed to most of us who spend 8 hours in an office, a couple more waiting in traffic, the rest of the day dealing with family and friends, with an hour or so devoted to fitness and proper dieting.

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
The lead guy has some visible gyno in the first few scenes from what I remember.

It was pretty good. The one thing I didn't like was how many "monsters" were in the movie. I know it's a comic book, but I thought they took it a little too far.
Yeah, I was not a fan of the monsters, that gay narrator, the unoriginality, and a lot of other sh*t. I guess it wasn't horrible, but I was expecting more.

motive

motive

Awards
  • Established
they didnt do juice! i already told you, they just put their heads on my body! dont you listen

Mrs. Gimpy!

Mrs. Gimpy!

Awards
  • Established
mmm that was a great movie..... everyone in that time looked great just by throwing spears around :)

eye candy galore

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I bought Hot Fuzz when I got 300...Not even the same type of movie but if you're a fan of shaun of the dead then you'll probably like this movie too :)

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Def bad-azz. Luved it, that sky of arrows scene was remarkable.
Made me want to go fight in the shade.

Frank Miller defenitly has a certain philosophy about his art and story telling that makes it weird yet enjoyable, Sin City was weird as all hell but pretty darn good.

For some reason the combination of destitute, revenge, and redemption seems to give everything a kick.

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
i really liked it even with the monsters i think it added extra to the story. It was a good premise. The whole time i was watching i couldnt deny myself that these guys at least half were on juice. Whether it be funded by the operation or their own pockets. Hell if i was them i would, id be damned if the guys standing next to me look better! The training for the film looks intense tho. I like that scene that goes into slow motion where the lead guy is fukkkn shhhhh.it up.

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
I just got goosebumps when Leonidas is questioned for bringing a small number of soldiers but he shows the guy that he's the only one bringing real soldiers because those guys were average joes and his guys were trained Spartans.

BabyHulk

BabyHulk

Awards
  • Established
I "dined in hell", just like them. After I watched it, I was all jacked and yelling and kicking like a kid, and my wife got a little upset, so I heard it all night. So our dinner that night was hell. LOL

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I just got goosebumps when Leonidas is questioned for bringing a small number of soldiers but he shows the guy that he's the only one bringing real soldiers because those guys were average joes and his guys were trained Spartans.
yeah? haha me too.

swanee609

swanee609

Awards
One of my top 20...

yes and no lol i watched there training videos they where crazy jsut alot of hard core stuff they did everday. i will try and post them up

CNorris

CNorris

Banned
Awards
  • Established
That flick brainwashed me into thinking that killing is normal. There are about 300 or so dead people in my backyard that I had to kill because they were hippies. I don't think hippies count as people so it's no biggie. It's not as if I killed dogs like Michael Vick's entourage.

Those guys were so fvckin ripped that I think I have to stack Tren with Winny in my next cycle, even at the expense of my hairline LOL.
:rofl:

Hippies suck!

the russian

the russian

Awards
yes and no lol i watched there training videos they where crazy jsut alot of hard core stuff they did everday. i will try and post them up
Gear or no, one thing is for sure: they trained their asses off!

What a dream job!!! Getting paid to train with the best, learning to fight, holy bejesus!!!

I think that some of the (more puny) extras were wearing body suits.

Also I think that the spartans were airbrushed in a few scenes to compliment the cinematography. Think about it... every single f-in shot was done in front of a green screen.

motive

motive

Awards
  • Established
are we still talking about this.... i told you they just used my body and imposed the head on everyone! my lawyer says that i should come out nicely

greenwing7

greenwing7

Awards
they were air brushed I watched some making of or behind the scenes stuff and they got some help on their abs from the good ole airbrush, plus I'm sure that they always had good lighting to cast shadows making the muscles appear bigger and or at least as good as possible

the russian

the russian

Awards
are we still talking about this.... i told you they just used my body and imposed the head on everyone! my lawyer says that i should come out nicely
Don't feel too bad.

Spielberg did the same thing to me in Schindler's List.

God damn I'm skinny.

CDB

CDB

Awards
  • Established
Yeah they were just really cut up. I didn't really consider any of them to be "huge." Being that cut tends to have that affect and the lighting in the whole movie made their muscles stand out more too.
The 'crush' the applied tended to bring out contrast more, to make the movie look more like a comic book. That did bring their cut out even more. People here could likely do the same thing with their own pics and Photoshop.

Visually the movie was brilliant. When you see those props without the treatment they look so drab because if they were too light when they messed with the conrast they would have looked pure white and burned out.