Video Games

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

I am faster than 80% of all snakes
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Well, i tweaked my back and was sidelined for 2 days so I decided to abuse the xbox 360 for a while. I can't believe how sick these games are today. I first started with Call of Duty 3 then went on to Gears of War. I just sit there amazed at what these systems can do these days.

I grew up in the C 64 days when Summer Games and Dr.J vs Larry Bird was the shvt.....moved up in the years to other game systems (loved Quake 3 when that came out) then for the past 4-5 years really haven't looked at it....

But curiosity got the best of me and I bought the Xbox 360 and I am still amazed at what these games look like. I can't imagine this stuff with online play (and probably won't....i see addiction staring right in front of me).

Thought I'd share.....

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
If you're a football addict like me than Madden NFL is all you're gonna need. Football season is right around the corner so this should help build up the anticipation, it does for me LOL.

I also like the boxing game that EA sports' Fight Night round 3 if you like boxing. I find that EA games are the most realistic when it comes to mimicking sports.

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I've already been through the addiction phase of online gaming...It's ugly :)

CNizz

CNizz

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
hey Bobo heads up I just read that there is a hardware flaw in all XBox 360 systems sold to date and that Microsoft is extending the warranty on them but not issuing a recall, if you have any problems be sure to get in touch with MS as soon as possible, you can tell if the system is having this issue if three red lights blink on and off when you start up the system

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Is there anything else besides the error (blinking lights) that happens that you'd notice?

CNizz

CNizz

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
My friends havent noticed any other problems with theirs but from what i read it is a fundamental flaw that is not just in a few systems but every system that was sold prior to July 2007. Let me see if i can find the article, its floating around online somewhere

brywal312

brywal312

Awards
  • Established
Is there anything else besides the error (blinking lights) that happens that you'd notice?
yeah.... it wont turn on. I had this problem a while back with mine and had to pay for a repair because it was a week out of warranty. they are sending me a check for what I paid though as a result of the warranty extension. Other than the problems it is an AWESOME system. The PS3 has major issues too... Sony just has not admitted to them yet. Looking forward to halo 3!

CNizz

CNizz

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I definitely agree the system is awesome, sucks that they are having these issues

OCCFan023

OCCFan023

Awards
  • Established
360 is by far the best all around system. The red ring of death (thats what they call it when the green rings go red when you turn them on ~ happened to alot of people as you can see by CNizzs' article)

Gears of War was fun, but Tom Clanceys Rainbow 6: Las Vegas was much better imo (not really similiar games but I think you would like it alot Bobo.)

The upcomming months are where the real power of 360 is going to be seen in true Next Gen Games. Top 3 that I will be all over and some friends: Halo 3, GTA4, and Assassins Creed. ign.com if you interested in checking them out, there going to redefine gaming.

Oh and cant forget the Madden08 (which again will be the first to utalize the power of 360 and true next gen games, as well as NCAA 08)

Its only a matter of time before you online, especially if you decide to dip into Halo 3 (friend request MrWhite023 if you ever get it haha)

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
my 360 has had the ring of death every time I power up :) its funny, that ring is a "general hardware failure" light. Something in mine is funky, and doesn't work right until its had a minute or so of the power being on for it to get warm, then I hit the power button off then on again and it works fine. Mine was a launch day unit, I keep meaning to send it in for repair but haven't

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

I am faster than 80% of all snakes
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
360 is by far the best all around system. The red ring of death (thats what they call it when the green rings go red when you turn them on ~ happened to alot of people as you can see by CNizzs' article)

Gears of War was fun, but Tom Clanceys Rainbow 6: Las Vegas was much better imo (not really similiar games but I think you would like it alot Bobo.)

The upcomming months are where the real power of 360 is going to be seen in true Next Gen Games. Top 3 that I will be all over and some friends: Halo 3, GTA4, and Assassins Creed. ign.com if you interested in checking them out, there going to redefine gaming.

Oh and cant forget the Madden08 (which again will be the first to utalize the power of 360 and true next gen games, as well as NCAA 08)

Its only a matter of time before you online, especially if you decide to dip into Halo 3 (friend request MrWhite023 if you ever get it haha)
I'll have to check out Rainbow Six Vegas then. I can't wait for Call of Duty 4 now.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Bioshock is going to be soooooo fantastic. Download the trailers and look at it on xbox live if you haven't heard about it. R6 Vegas is pretty sweet for sure, Ghost Recon isn't bad, and the original one is fairly cheap used now too

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I started out here:

I advanced to this:

I retired here by 16 at the oldest:

I bought my son an N64 a long while back and he kicked my ass so I returned to retirement. Games are so advanced now I am sure I would under utilize the performance capability of the game.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
this was my first at home computer game, on a ti 99/4a

Parsec, and I had the speech synthesizer so it talked. 1982. I guess I had an atari 2600 first, I can't recall for sure

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I owned the Atari and played pong and break out when I was 8 or so. After that they were all on the video game at the pizzaria on the corner.

lifted

lifted

Awards
  • Established
YES, BUMP for Rainbow Six- Vegas... that game is IMHO the best 1st person shooter out. Me and a buddy beat it on co-op mode, game is ridiculous... FEAR isn't bad either, not superb graphics, but the gameplay is great.

TheUnlikelyToad

TheUnlikelyToad

Awards
  • Established
Well at least we know Bobo's still alive and reading this board... :stick:

brywal312

brywal312

Awards
  • Established
YES, BUMP for Rainbow Six- Vegas... that game is IMHO the best 1st person shooter out. Me and a buddy beat it on co-op mode, game is ridiculous... FEAR isn't bad either, not superb graphics, but the gameplay is great.
Dude... That game is so slow and unrealistic. The guns are terribly inaccurate! I played that game for the first 3 months it was out and got good enough to play in the tournaments for it. It just doesnt thrill me the way Ghost Recon Advanced warfighter 1 and 2 did. In GRAW 1 me and blackjack. We were one bracket away from the finals with the prize of winning a car. Halo 3 is going to be the best game since Halo 2 which was the best game since Halo 1.

zbtboy

zbtboy

Anabolic Innovations Rep
Awards
  • Established
Props for mentioning Dr J vs Larry Bird! That game was the bomb back in the day.

And what was that other basketball game where you could punch and slam the other guys? I use to play it all the time at the arcade but cant remember its name.:think:

bpmartyr

bpmartyr

Snuggle Club™ mascot
Awards
  • Established
I have a hard time getting into console shooters. Keyboard and mouse on my PC and I can rock. (Got an 8800gts 640mb in the mail to run the 24" widescreen moniter :D)

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Rainbow six vegas is definately a great game and the online play is phenominal....I love the xbox 360 marketplace online......contra, golden axe, dig dug, and rush n attack are all there and still fun as hell to play.

OCCFan023

OCCFan023

Awards
  • Established
I have a hard time getting into console shooters. Keyboard and mouse on my PC and I can rock. (Got an 8800gts 640mb in the mail to run the 24" widescreen moniter :D)
very nice. cs?

xjsynx

xjsynx

Awards
Did Forza 2 come out yet? I will proally wait for H3 then breakdown and get a 360...

CNorris

CNorris

Banned
Awards
  • Established
My launch day 360 had red ring of death so I got a new one a week later under warranty. The new one failed 4-5 months after that. I was pissed about the warranty being expired so I got a new one from wal mart, opened it up and swapped out the guts with my broken system. I then returned the new 360 case with the broken innards. I did this in case they checked the serial # on the case. Essentially I forced MS to give me a new one under warranty. :lol:

Good thing they offered a great 3 year warranty now since its a kick ass system far better than anything out there, as long as it works.

Anyone that gets the red rings of death, there are countless fixes out there. If its under warranty and not hacked have MS replace it. Or else check out this listing of error codes.

Xbox 360 Error Codes

CNorris

CNorris

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Did Forza 2 come out yet? I will proally wait for H3 then breakdown and get a 360...
Forza 2 is out and its a great game. I personally would wait for the price drop and get a 360 elite. I would not wait for Halo 3 because 360's might be hard to find.

bpmartyr

bpmartyr

Snuggle Club™ mascot
Awards
  • Established
xjsynx

xjsynx

Awards
Forza 2 is out and its a great game. I personally would wait for the price drop and get a 360 elite. I would not wait for Halo 3 because 360's might be hard to find.
Yeah, I was looking at the elite. Sheesh, it is either supps or 360...

brywal312

brywal312

Awards
  • Established
Forza is very HARD to play! I bought it a few weeks ago and I am the only person I know with enough finesse to even get the car around the track!

xjsynx

xjsynx

Awards
Forza is very HARD to play! I bought it a few weeks ago and I am the only person I know with enough finesse to even get the car around the track!
Have you played Forza before?

Favorite game evaH...

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
My wife and child are going out of town tomorrow so I finally got around to borrowing my friend's Xbox along with some good games..Doom3, Halo2, etc. I was looking forward to some gaming this week at night since, ahem, no one else would be around to hog up the TV.

My buddy shows up, we plug the module in and........nothing. AC power is dead.

If it weren't for bad luck, I'd have none at all. Guess I'll have to rent a unit.

brywal312

brywal312

Awards
  • Established
My wife and child are going out of town tomorrow so I finally got around to borrowing my friend's Xbox along with some good games..Doom3, Halo2, etc. I was looking forward to some gaming this week at night since, ahem, no one else would be around to hog up the TV.

My buddy shows up, we plug the module in and........nothing. AC power is dead.

If it weren't for bad luck, I'd have none at all. Guess I'll have to rent a unit.
ouch man....that sucks! - movie gallery and some of the blockbusters do system rentals - friggin rentway will tear you a new one!