Marijuana use... a sin?

spatch

spatch

Awards
  • Established
-This topic is for CHRISTIANS ONLY (and others who can civilly express their opinions about the topic). If you want to bash religion, send me PM's. -

To answer the question... I don’t think it is.

Matthew 15: 11-20. And yes I know this pertains to eating with dirty hands, not drug use

"Listen and understand. What goes into a man's mouth does not make him unclean, but what comes out of his mouth, that is what makes him unclean... Don’t you see that whatever enters the mouth goes into the stomach and out of the body? But the things that come out of the mouth come from the heart, and these make a man unclean. For out of the heart come evil thoughts, murder, adultery, sexual immorality, theft, false testimony, slander. These are what make a man unclean."

IMO this means that, like all love, all evil comes from a mans heart.

I know there is a passage that basically says you can drink as long as you do not become enraged, because as stated above, violence and evil come from the heart. The peaceful feeling from marijuana is not evil (in and of itself). Again, the main point I'm trying to get at is that a mans heart is the only measure of evil, or lack of for that matter.

Also, try to keep your points to the word of God alone. If a preacher is baselessly against marijuana, that is his word, not God's.

CDB

CDB

Awards
  • Established
"Behold, I have given you every herb bearing seed which is upon the face of all the earth.…To you it will be for meat." - Genesis (I think)

People got stoned regularly in The Bible, just not in a good way.

TheCrownedOne

TheCrownedOne

Awards
  • Established
I'm not so sure Jesus is speaking in that passage directly concerning the washing of hands, but rather the hypocritical nature of the scribes and Pharisees. They loved the Law, and believed thereby that they attained justification. They were guilty of justification through comparison. Jesus calls them on it in verses three through six, saying,

3 But he answered and said unto them, Why do ye also transgress the commandment of God by your tradition?

4 For God commanded, saying, Honour thy father and mother: and, He that curseth father or mother, let him die the death.

5 But ye say, Whosoever shall say to his father or his mother, It is a gift, by whatsoever thou mightest be profited by me;

6 And honour not his father or his mother, he shall be free. Thus have ye made the commandment of God of none effect by your tradition.

He out and out calls them hypocrites in verse seven, saying, "Ye hypocrites, well did Esaias prophesy of you..." I take Jesus at His Word here when He condemns man's heart rather than his food.

11 Not that which goeth into the mouth defileth a man; but that which cometh out of the mouth, this defileth a man.

17 Do not ye yet understand, that whatsoever entereth in at the mouth goeth into the belly, and is cast out into the draught?

18 But those things which proceed out of the mouth come forth from the heart; and they defile the man.

19 For out of the heart proceed evil thoughts, murders, adulteries, fornications, thefts, false witness, blasphemies:

20 These are the things which defile a man: but to eat with unwashen hands defileth not a man.

Consider also the Messiah's Words in Mark 7:

15 There is nothing from without a man, that entering into him can defile him: but the things which come out of him, those are they that defile the man.

16 If any man have ears to hear, let him hear.

17 And when he was entered into the house from the people, his disciples asked him concerning the parable.

18 And he saith unto them, Are ye so without understanding also? Do ye not perceive, that whatsoever thing from without entereth into the man, it cannot defile him;

19 Because it entereth not into his heart, but into the belly, and goeth out into the draught, purging all meats?

20 And he said, That which cometh out of the man, that defileth the man.

21 For from within, out of the heart of men, proceed evil thoughts, adulteries, fornications, murders,

22 Thefts, covetousness, wickedness, deceit, lasciviousness, an evil eye, blasphemy, pride, foolishness:

23 All these evil things come from within, and defile the man.

We must also consider what God tells us in 1 Peter 5, saying,

8 Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour:

How much weed can one smoke before he is less sober than he was before smoking? God does command that we obey those that He has put in power over us, and therein obey their laws. While we may dissent on the laws against marijuana, they are laws established by those God has allowed to be in power.
It may be one of those things that God considers a sin for one person and not a sin for another - I can't say for certain. If you feel convicted when praying about it, then He's telling you not to use it. If you genuinely feel okay about it - enjoy :p

bulls**t

bulls**t

Awards
  • Established
While I cant substantiate it with a direct quote that hasn't already been provided, discussion with a few very knowledgeable theologians (not pastors but scholars of religion) have led me to understand that there inst a direct prohibition against marijuana use per se; but having an altered state of mind and conscious is whats wrong. Pretty much the same thing Crowned One is saying.

And on a side note... stay in school.

TripDog

TripDog

Bananas
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
mary jane is not a sin....killing people for crack money is.....see the diff

jrm

jrm

Awards
If you're a slave to anyone but God; that is a sin.
You should also obey the law of the land.

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
As long as it doesn't make you do unusual stuff and you use it in moderation, maybe 1 time a week ? I try to think of it as steroid use in the regard that it's good when used for self improvement instead of self destruction :)

TripDog

TripDog

Bananas
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
As long as it doesn't make you do unusual stuff and you use it in moderation, maybe 1 time a week ? I try to think of it as steroid use in the regard that it's good when used for self improvement instead of self destruction :)
everyone in this thread needs to see reality in this post.:hammer: ,dont take that the wrong way...im a very devout catholic,and read the word often.....but dont try to understand every phrase in the bible...it's there for guidance,and strength.....it contains the mind of God,the state of man,the way of sinners,and the happiness of believers.It's doctrines are holy,its precepts are binding,it's histories are true,and it's decisions are immutable.Read it to be wise,believe it to be safe,and practice it to be holy.It contains light to direct you,and comfort to cheer you......i find strength in the word and cherish it's content......i am also a human being that can enjoy something different to stimulate my mind and self every now and then...

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
everyone in this thread needs to see reality in this post.:hammer: ,dont take that the wrong way...im a very devout catholic,and read the word often.....but dont try to understand every phrase in the bible...it's there for guidance,and strength.....it contains the mind of God,the state of man,the way of sinners,and the happiness of believers.It's doctrines are holy,its precepts are binding,it's histories are true,and it's decisions are immutable.Read it to be wise,believe it to be safe,and practice it to be holy.It contains light to direct you,and comfort to cheer you......i find strength in the word and cherish it's content......i am also a human being that can enjoy something different to stimulate my mind and self every now and then...
Very true, I'm also Catholic but sometimes the religion can be misconstrued. I know Catholics who know every ritual from the rosary prayers to sacrificing a thing they pleasure for lent and not eating meat on Friday's through lent but they are heavy drinkers and narrow minded in their interpretation of the bible. It's as if some use their religion as a way to live their life instead of a blueprint for enhancing one's life.

anabolicrhino

anabolicrhino

Awards
  • Established
A lot of lies begin with, " I think what god meant is..."

Plants are not evil although sometimes they are used for evil.

Christianity, as with most religions, is about the spirit of life beyond the physical being and herbs like marijuana make that easier to experience for some.

R

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
What about cigs then ? We all clearly know that they are bad for you, does this constituate for self-inflicted harm ?

spatch

spatch

Awards
  • Established
What about cigs then ? We all clearly know that they are bad for you, does this constituate for self-inflicted harm ?
Medicinal marijuana must not be a sin, althought those to the far right believe it is. I read an article saying that no matter what evidence shows how helpful marijuana may be, we (christians) arent allowed to use it... which means God made a plant that will heal us, but we cant use it.

anabolicrhino

anabolicrhino

Awards
  • Established
My opinion is that cigarettes are more of an abuse issue through habitation.

There was no lung cancer when American Indians were smoking ceremonial tobacco 300 years ago.

Lung cancer and cigarette related illness is a relatively new phenomenon. Started mostly during WWI when the American Tobacco companies started giving cigarettes to the troops.

Doctors started to notice a growing trend right after the war and up until present time.

Tobacco related illnesses causes the death more Americans than all the other illnesses combined!

The fact that all this information is readily available but people continue to smoke cigarettes would lead me to believe that yes cigarette related illnesses are avoidable and therefore "self inflicted" lifestyle choices

F

fitnecise

Awards
It is considered a sin more because of the stigma the government has placed on it, IMO. If used correctly it can be a useful tool in personal spirituality, promoting abstractual thinking that our society seems to lose with each generation. After all, you can't understand the concept of human reality without temporarily removing yourself from it. After you have done this, religion gets harder to justify, at least in my experience. For others it may be the opposite.

Ribo68

Ribo68

Awards
-This topic is for CHRISTIANS ONLY (and others who can civilly express their opinions about the topic). If you want to bash religion, send me PM's. -

To answer the question... I don’t think it is.

Matthew 15: 11-20. And yes I know this pertains to eating with dirty hands, not drug use

"Listen and understand. What goes into a man's mouth does not make him unclean, but what comes out of his mouth, that is what makes him unclean... Don’t you see that whatever enters the mouth goes into the stomach and out of the body? But the things that come out of the mouth come from the heart, and these make a man unclean. For out of the heart come evil thoughts, murder, adultery, sexual immorality, theft, false testimony, slander. These are what make a man unclean."

IMO this means that, like all love, all evil comes from a mans heart.

I know there is a passage that basically says you can drink as long as you do not become enraged, because as stated above, violence and evil come from the heart. The peaceful feeling from marijuana is not evil (in and of itself). Again, the main point I'm trying to get at is that a mans heart is the only measure of evil, or lack of for that matter.

Also, try to keep your points to the word of God alone. If a preacher is baselessly against marijuana, that is his word, not God's.
Good question. The Word says we are to obey the law of the land. Ganga is against the law of the land, therefore it is off limits to us as Christians. I WAS a big bong luvva before and right up until I gave my life to the Lord. Trust me, you won't miss it. The Word also says(in many places) that "wisdom is the principal thing". Using mind altering drugs opens the door to the enemy in a BIG way. His only way to manipulate us is with thoughts, ideas and suggestions that are intended to get us away from our Christian walk and away from God's best for us. Then he can wreak havoc in our lives.
Jesus paid a HUGE price for us. Are we so selfish to think that to follow Him wouldn't cost us anything? Love ya brother!

spatch

spatch

Awards
  • Established
Good question. The Word says we are to obey the law of the land. Ganga is against the law of the land, therefore it is off limits to us as Christians. I WAS a big bong luvva before and right up until I gave my life to the Lord. Trust me, you won't miss it. The Word also says(in many places) that "wisdom is the principal thing". Using mind altering drugs opens the door to the enemy in a BIG way. His only way to manipulate us is with thoughts, ideas and suggestions that are intended to get us away from our Christian walk and away from God's best for us. Then he can wreak havoc in our lives.
Jesus paid a HUGE price for us. Are we so selfish to think that to follow Him wouldn't cost us anything? Love ya brother!
But what if it alters our mind towards peace and love?

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I don't believe the item to be 'evil' in itself but in the hands of Man it does lead some to fall from the teachings of God(if you're Christian). Most of the sides of smoking weed aren't exactly religious like unless you think being in a semi-unconscious state of mind is spiritual.

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
I don't believe the item to be 'evil' in itself but in the hands of Man it does lead some to fall from the teachings of God(if you're Christian)
Very true, your statement reminds me of nuclear technology because it's awesome and can improve our lives but it can also be destructive in the hands of the wrong people :(

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I just don't have much faith in Man to do anything positive when left alone except for an occasional oddity that puts others first etc. In my experience, even those doing 'good' do it for reasons other than just to help people.

T

texxlnghorn

Awards
I'm not a bible thumber. Unfortunately I had to attend church from 8-18.
But if you think God created every animal and plant, why would God put a plant(actually a weed) for evil purposes.

And no where in the bible does it mention weed or hemp as a sin. And yes weed or hemp has been useds for thousands of years.

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Again, many items are not even in their being there. A marijuana plant isn't killing anyone but it's Man's interactions that usually pervert their intended use. There are also some plants that would kill you pretty fast in painful ways. Even those aren't evil plants but to act like "God put it here it must be good" is a cop out to smoke weed :)

T

texxlnghorn

Awards
I personally don't like weed, but i don't have a problem with people smoking weed.
And shamans used weed and peyote to get in touch with their spirtual side.

And if you have a problem with the Law of the Land theory, you can always smoke Salvia, and get similiar effects, where most states its legal.

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
spatch,

marijauna does not heal but its sides relieve symptoms of nausea (from chemo) and optical pressure and other various symptoms of illnesses. It is not a cure. Also the active ingredient is easily synthesized so a legal alternative is available without the legal ramifications of a controlled substance.

1Cor 8:8-13

Food will not commend us to God. We are no worse off if we do not eat, and no better off if we do. Only take care lest this liberty of yours somehow become a stumbling block to the weak. For if any one sees you, a man of knowledge, at table in an idol's temple, might he not be encouraged, if his conscience is weak, to eat food offered to idols? And so by your knowledge this weak man is destroyed, the brother for whom Christ died. Thus, sinning against your brethren and wounding their conscience when it is weak, you sin against Christ. Therefore, if food is a cause of my brother's falling, I will never eat meat, lest I cause my brother to fall.

Additionally reread what TheCrownedOne and Rebo68 posted.

Personally my drug of choice is and was marijuana. I simply cannot in good conscience when I am conscious be under the influence of marijuana without grieving my Spirit. The influence of marijuana in my life allows my enemy to attack me and make a mockery of the sacrifice that Christ has provided me by instilling fear and anxiety and robbing the me of the joy, hope and peace of walking in the Spirit.

If you have a doubt or question it then maybe you already know what is right or wrong for you.

God does not make things that are sin, but will allow us to chose things that cause us to distance ourselves from Him. If we intentionally and consciously chose something over Him and His Spirits presence in our life, then our action and choice is the sin and not necessarily the object. I know that if I chose to get high the Holy Spirit flees my temple and the enemy rushes in to claim me for himself. That is rejecting the Holy Spirit and inherently is a sin.

I am guilty and I am forgiven. Praise God for His patience with me.

Ribo68

Ribo68

Awards
Again, many items are not even in their being there. A marijuana plant isn't killing anyone but it's Man's interactions that usually pervert their intended use. There are also some plants that would kill you pretty fast in painful ways. Even those aren't evil plants but to act like "God put it here it must be good" is a cop out to smoke weed :)

Word :thumbsup: And spatch let me just say that the fact that you are even asking this question tells me that your own conscience has already told you what you need to know. You are now simply looking for someone to tell you that it is ok for Christians to use weed. Jesus said HIS peace He has given to us. Jesus was love in action. Remember WWJD? Would he hit the pipe? The Bible doesn't specifically say wife beating is wrong, (it is isn't it?) or cocaine is wrong but wisdom obviously tells us it is. Listen to your conscience telling you walk away from the weed. It will only lead to trouble down the road. Btw, I always found that it lead to thoughts of paranoia and the munchies!

Ribo68

Ribo68

Awards
B5150 sounds like a man who knows from experience like I do.
Bless ya bro!

spatch

spatch

Awards
  • Established
Word :thumbsup: And spatch let me just say that the fact that you are even asking this question tells me that your own conscience has already told you what you need to know. You are now simply looking for someone to tell you that it is ok for Christians to use weed.
Not ture at all. I never thought it was a sin, I was just wondering what others thought. Never once has it steered he away from God.

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Alzheimers or weed? My grandmother has all but died from this nasty disease...I there are good uses of marijuana out there so don't think I only believe this drug only causes pain and suffering.

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I have a family history of alzheimers. Does God want me to get it?
-This topic is for CHRISTIANS ONLY (and others who can civilly express their opinions about the topic). If you want to bash religion, send me PM's.

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."

gdbear65

gdbear65

Awards
  • Established
How can it be considered it a sin when God was the one who created it? If he didn't want you to have it, then it wouldn't proliferate. No offense, but this topic is assinine. The laws of man should not be confused with the word of God.

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
How can it be considered it a sin when God was the one who created it? If he didn't want you to have it, then it wouldn't proliferate. No offense, but this topic is assinine. The laws of man should not be confused with the word of God.
There are plenty of thing that are created that should not be consumed because they are poisonous. This particular creation just happens to have a 'poison' content that happens to be able to have psychoactive properties that can be enjoyable.

The weed itself is not sin.

But as has been outlined here, the use of it can, for some, cause a grieving of the Holy Spirit. The grieving of the Holy Spirit is when one conducts or exposes themselves to things or in a way that are in contrast to the that Spirit. That grieving is your 'conscience' telling you that you are distancing yourself from Him by engaging in behavior or activities that He would rather you don't. If it doesn't bother you then fine.

The apple was not sin, but the disobedience was. You have to get it, to get it. It is not assinine. No disrespect.

gdbear65

gdbear65

Awards
  • Established
There are plenty of thing that are created that should not be consumed because they are poisonous. This particular creation just happens to have a 'poison' content that happens to be able to have psychoactive properties that can be enjoyable.

But as has been outlined here, the use of it can, for some, cause a grieving of the Holy Spirit. The grieving of the Holy Spirit is when one conducts or exposes themselves to things or in a way that are in contrast to the that Spirit. That grieving is your 'conscience' telling you that you are distancing yourself from Him by engaging in behavior or activities that He would rather you don't. If it doesn't bother you then fine.

The apple was not sin, but the disobedience was. You have to get it, to get it. It is not assinine. No disrespect.
I see, but then why would God have created cannibinoid receptors in our brains, if he didn't want us to have it? If anything it would bring us closer because it elevates the spirit. I suppose if you smoke and then go out and do something immoral or otherwise illegal then it could be considered sinful to partake, but from a psychological standpoint that person may have had a predilection for doing so and weed became the vehicle that set it in motion.

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Well I would imagine we have many receptors that we have yet to explore.

I can sit at home and stay out of trouble and my conscience or my spirit is grieved. I don't need to act immorally or illegal to grieve my Spirit. My relationship with God and or the Holy Spirit has been wedged by allowing this other 'spirit' to occupy my body.

It is a personal conviction for me from my experience. I can also correlate it to a parallel or metaphor of an other type but I am sure you get my point.

For me, I am convicted by my conscience (who I call the Holy Spirit) that it is wrong for me and my relationship with God. This does not mean it is wrong for everyone. For me:

1 Peter 5:8
"Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour"

It is not about what I do on the outside it is what happens on the inside that devours me.

I am not preaching on you but speaking from my heart about my faith and the use of weed.

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
But to be quite honest and candid it could be paranoia or an anxiety attack but either way it is not a fruitful spirit. :)

spatch

spatch

Awards
  • Established
1 Peter 5:8
"Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour"
Thats just it. To some, marijuana is a gateway to evil, to others it simply instills peace.

God judges us on our heart, and he knows if our heart is good or evil. It is completley possible to do all sorts of drugs and have a better heart then someone who is completley straight edge. I mean, compare Jimi hendrix to Hitler.

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
spatch, you are mistaken.

If you are a Christian than the spirit you need to be filled with is the Holy Spirit.

They call alcohol 'spirits' and people use the word 'spirit' to condone whatever enlightenment they want.

The Holy Spirit is the Spirit of God. No other is a substitute.

If you are a Christian you need to get your doctrine right or get some fellowship with some Christians who are more mature and grown in knowledge. Don't be fooled or mislead by this nonsense you are being told or have come to believe on your own.

Modeling your Christian walk somewhere between Hitler and Hendrix is really misguided.

Good luck.

spatch

spatch

Awards
  • Established
spatch, you are mistaken.

If you are a Christian than the spirit you need to be filled with is the Holy Spirit.

They call alcohol 'spirits' and people use the word 'spirit' to condone whatever enlightenment they want.

The Holy Spirit is the Spirit of God. No other is a substitute.

If you are a Christian you need to get your doctrine right or get some fellowship with some Christians who are more mature and grown in knowledge. Don't be fooled or mislead by this nonsense you are being told or have come to believe on your own.

Modeling your Christian walk somewhere between Hitler and Hendrix is really misguided.

Good luck.
I know we are saved by christ and the holy spirit alone. I was just trying to compare a "good" drug user with a "bad" non drug user

edit- People, even those who are filled with the holy spirit, sin throughout their life, often much worse than any drug could ever be.

B5150- what is your personal definition of "being filled with the Holy Spirit."

Last edited:
B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I know we are saved by christ and the holy spirit alone. I was just trying to compare a "good" drug user with a "bad" non drug user
Define good. He killed himself.
edit- People, even those who are filled with the holy spirit, sin throughout their life, often much worse than any drug could ever be.
"we have all sinned and fallen short of the glory of God"
B5150- what is your personal definition of "being filled with the Holy Spirit."
I would imagine it varies from person to person in definition. For me it is a conscious awareness of Jesus walking beside me (rather than me leaving Him behind me), knowing His will for my life (by studying His word) and apply His word to my life in all aspects on my relations with people. As well as sharing my testimony as evidence of such Spirit so others may come to know Him through me.

spatch, I fail frequently and miserably at times. Any Christian will tell you the same and many atheists will be happy to point it out for you.

spatch

spatch

Awards
  • Established
B- I thought Hendrix died in his sleep due to alcohol poisoning.

my definition of being in the holy spirit
-Admitting that you are a sinner, fallen from paradise, and the blood of christ has saved you
-Loving every person on earth with the same love that God showed you when he gave you the life of his son. The parable of the sheep and the goats is my favorite bible passage.

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
B- I thought Hendrix died in his sleep due to alcohol poisoning.
whats the difference..one drug or another.

my definition of being in the holy spirit
-Admitting that you are a sinner, fallen from paradise, and the blood of christ has saved you
-Loving every person on earth with the same love that God showed you when he gave you the life of his son. The parable of the sheep and the goats is my favorite bible passage.
We often embrace the ones that are our favorites and easiest to recognize or are more easily applied in our walk. There are some that can be painfully convicting that we need to remember He taught as well.

TripDog

TripDog

Bananas
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established

:clap2:

bpmartyr

bpmartyr

Snuggle Club™ mascot
Awards
  • Established
13Therefore let us stop passing judgment on one another. Instead, make up your mind not to put any stumbling block or obstacle in your brother's way. 14As one who is in the Lord Jesus, I am fully convinced that no food is unclean in itself. But if anyone regards something as unclean, then for him it is unclean. 15If your brother is distressed because of what you eat, you are no longer acting in love. Do not by your eating destroy your brother for whom Christ died. 16Do not allow what you consider good to be spoken of as evil. 17For the kingdom of God is not a matter of eating and drinking, but of righteousness, peace and joy in the Holy Spirit, 18because anyone who serves Christ in this way is pleasing to God and approved by men.

IMO this can relate to more than just food.

Bfitty: good stuff brother.

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
Glad some people have it all figured out:rolleyes: :clap2:

TripDog

TripDog

Bananas
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
13Therefore let us stop passing judgment on one another. Instead, make up your mind not to put any stumbling block or obstacle in your brother's way. 14As one who is in the Lord Jesus, I am fully convinced that no food is unclean in itself. But if anyone regards something as unclean, then for him it is unclean. 15If your brother is distressed because of what you eat, you are no longer acting in love. Do not by your eating destroy your brother for whom Christ died. 16Do not allow what you consider good to be spoken of as evil. 17For the kingdom of God is not a matter of eating and drinking, but of righteousness, peace and joy in the Holy Spirit, 18because anyone who serves Christ in this way is pleasing to God and approved by men.

IMO this can relate to more than just food.

Bfitty: good stuff brother.

very good post....i thank you for the inspiration

gdbear65

gdbear65

Awards
  • Established
But to be quite honest and candid it could be paranoia or an anxiety attack but either way it is not a fruitful spirit. :)
So because you've had an adverse reaction to weed, you consider your spirit to be grieving?

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
You have to remember that God is the one who created sin. For all we know, he could have just as easily created a world without free will, sin, marijuana plants, or even man if he so desired.

Marijuana can subjectively be a sin because it is a sin to create false idols (i.e. things we place in front of God). Alcohol and pot are not sinful in themselves, but are quite easily used in a sinful manner.

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
So because you've had an adverse reaction to weed, you consider your spirit to be grieving?
To "grieve" the Spirit is to act out in a sinful manner, whether it is in thought and deed, or in thought only.

The characteristics of the Holy Spirit are peace, joy, hope, trust, rational mind, sound thinking etc.

To willfully expose or inflict upon myself fear, worry, anxiety or paranoia is grieving my spirit.

I have traded the fruits of the Holy Spirit for the fruits and psychoactive properties of marijuana and therefore are grieving the Holy Spirit. They do not edify my spirit but rather cause me to grieve.