1. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'9"  .5 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    16.62%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

Who is gonna win the O ?

I was thinking about the Mr. Olympia after the thread asking about who is going. My question is who is going to take the Mr. O 2007 ?

Me: Everyone is talking about Victor Martinez taking it, and maybe he will, but I'm rooting for Toney Freeman to win.

2. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'11"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    75.75%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Heath isn't competing.
  3. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'9"  .5 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    16.62%

Hm. I haven't followed who is registered I just assumed. At any rate...Freeman then.
    •   

4. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    28.12%

I think Cutler. In all honesty, only Ronnie has ever been able to go toe to toe with Cutler and visa versa (except perhaps Levrone). I don't see anyone on the circuit in the same league or sheer overall size coupled with both symmetry and conditioning. Cutler really nailed all 3 amazingly last year. If he repeats his performance no one will even come close.
  5. Registered User
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    20.22%

Quote Originally Posted by Tiberius View Post
    I think Cutler. In all honesty, only Ronnie has ever been able to go toe to toe with Cutler and visa versa (except perhaps Levrone). I don't see anyone on the circuit in the same league or sheer overall size coupled with both symmetry and conditioning. Cutler really nailed all 3 amazingly last year. If he repeats his performance no one will even come close.
    I agree. He really came in good last year.
  6. Banned
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    87.47%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

Im not so sure, I want to go with RC but if he doesnt come in more trim then the last few years i dont thinks so and if he doesnt do it this year i dont think he ever will again. I like the RC of earlier years.

Jay will probably win it but Victor Martinez could be a shocker. Id like to see pics of this years competition in the past month or so to see where they are at.

Im curious to see who is the most improved. But in all honesty I would like to see Dexter win for once but i dont think people would take to that too well.
  7. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'11"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    75.75%

Quote Originally Posted by ReaperX View Post
    Hm. I haven't followed who is registered I just assumed. At any rate...Freeman then.
    Heath has one amazing physique though, exactly what I want to look like.

I like freeman, and his back story a lot.

I am and have always been a big Cutler fan.

Never liked Big Ron.

But I personally an rooting for fellow Jersey boy, Vic Martinez.
  8. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'9"  .5 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    16.62%

Quote Originally Posted by PumpingIron View Post
    Heath has one amazing physique though, exactly what I want to look like.

I like freeman, and his back story a lot.

I am and have always been a big Cutler fan.

Never liked Big Ron.

But I personally an rooting for fellow Jersey boy, Vic Martinez.
    Ronnie Coleman had the best physique a long time ago. At this point he keeps putting on too much mass, while his gut grows bigger making it look like he has a baby inside of him. The thing about Ronnie is all his body parts are really good except that lat incident and his triceps look like they are starting to go downhill, but back before his glutes, biceps, chest, everything was spot on. I truely think that Ronnie has the best overall genetics in the IFBB. Phil Heath also too is up there with the best genetics.

Another issue aside, it pissed me off how Ronnie wouldn't let up on Cutler winning the Mr. Olympia 2006. If you looked at the pictures, Ronnie's left lat was clearly atrophied and misproportional. On top of that, Ronnie's triceps look like they also have atrophied due to some nerve damage. At any rate he had the audacity to keep talking down on Cutler's win and was just a sore loser how the situation.

Cutler also too has overwhellemed his body to the point where he has put on too much muscle. His stomach does not stick out as bad a Ronnie's though for some reason.

Melvin Anthony has a good shoulder to hip ratio, but I'm sure him not having excessive amounts of muscle mass will keep him from the top...the same thing is true with Dexter Jackson, he's got a good balance in terms of being cut and muscle mass, but the IFBB expects more muscle it seems like.

Victor kinda reminds me of a Cutler+Dexter mix.....wide back with good amount of muscle and fairly cut.
  9. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'11"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    75.75%

I'd like the statement the IFBB would make, permitting Vic came in on point, giving him the title.

A HYOOGE guy, small waist, ridiculous taper, non-distended stomach.
  10. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'9"  .5 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    16.62%

Well, the IFBB said they would mark down for fat guts, but that really has not been enforced (at least it appears not to be).
  11. Registered User
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    20.22%

I wonder what Ruhl is gonna come in looking like. He seems to have his midsection under control these days.
  12. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'9"  .5 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    16.62%

Quote Originally Posted by CDB View Post
    I wonder what Ruhl is gonna come in looking like. He seems to have his midsection under control these days.
    He seems like he's taken care of that waist a bit. He needs better back definition and leg definition. His front is well conditioned though from the waist up.

David Henry is usually pretty ripped from the pictures I've seen of him. He seems to get the back seat a lot because he is short compared to the other guys.
  13. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    28.12%

Quote Originally Posted by PumpingIron View Post
    I'd like the statement the IFBB would make, permitting Vic came in on point, giving him the title.

A HYOOGE guy, small waist, ridiculous taper, non-distended stomach.

Actually he's had distension in a number of competitions. In fact I remember seeing at least one comp where he looked downright pregnant.

With the way some guys come in distended one comp and then trim the next makes me really think distension must be mostly diet related or something. Maybe it's visceral bodyfat around the intestines or something that they never bother to diet long enough to get rid of. A lot of guys pin GH in their abs and we know that reduces fat at the site it is injected. If the last fat to go away on a person is visceral maybe years of dieting down and building up, these guys keep building up vsiceral fat and never diet long enough to lose any of it.

I dunno, it's all speculation. Heck for all I know it could be really bad constipation for some of them. I know when I'm really backed up I look like I'm providing housing for triplets.

Anyway, I think Jay will take it. I'm a little biased cus I think Jay is one of the greatest of all time and clearly the best currently (and for th last 6 years IMO). However, if any of the other guys comes in real close or even beats him, I'd actually think it'd be really good for someone else to win. It would send the message of more fair judging. In the past people have really felt like the only competition in the Olympia was for spots 2+; the incumbant always kept his title until he retired. Jay changed that, and let's hope they continue the trend of fair judging. If Jay comes in flat or not as conditioned, and Vic comes in spot on, they should give it to Vic.
  14. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'9"  .5 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    16.62%

I saw a picture with Ronnie breathing from an oxygen tank before competition. I assume this is for a better vaccum ?
  15. Registered User
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    20.22%

Quote Originally Posted by ReaperX View Post
    I saw a picture with Ronnie breathing from an oxygen tank before competition. I assume this is for a better vaccum ?
    Christ I hope so. I mean if he's pushing himself to the point where he can't breath even under no aerobic stress, the guy should quit.
  16. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'9"  .5 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    16.62%

Quote Originally Posted by CDB View Post
    Christ I hope so. I mean if he's pushing himself to the point where he can't breath even under no aerobic stress, the guy should quit.
    I thought everybody knew about this, I guess not. Yeah there was this picture I saw with him backstage hunched over inhaling with a mask connected to an oxygen tank.

Similar Forum Threads

1. APS Nutrition PROMO, GAME- Who is it? (Win New Mesomorph)
    By JudgementDay in forum Company Promotions
    Replies: 51
    Last Post: 11-11-2010, 04:40 PM
  2. Who is still in the PH game?
    By Alpine in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 02-23-2010, 12:18 AM
  3. Who is going to the florida alabama game this weekend?
    By Caferacer in forum General Chat
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-04-2008, 08:52 AM
  4. Who is coming to the Arnold Classic '08?
    By bLacKjAck. in forum General Chat
    Replies: 36
    Last Post: 01-07-2008, 11:38 AM
  5. So who is gonna watch I am Legend ?
    By ReaperX in forum General Chat
    Replies: 42
    Last Post: 12-23-2007, 05:31 AM