Risk your Avatar and Braggin' Rights with Your Best Lifts

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Ok guys, I haven't quite thought up the rules because this ain't a dictatorships and I ain't a ****.

My thought was to go with some of the more basic lifts (i.e. bench press, deadlift, rows, curls, etc.) and whoever has the greatest strength increase by the end of the month gets to choose the avatar of the person with the smallest strength increase.

If we get enough guys to play, we can have the second greatest pick for the second lowest, third greatest for third lowest, so on and so forth.

So let's get some players in here, and we can try to put together some more distinct rules.

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
This is a good idea, but lying will be a factor. Unless everyone were to tape there lifts, which would limit participants. I definitely would not win, as my gains come very slow. I'll be watching though.

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
This is a good idea, but lying will be a factor. Unless everyone were to tape there lifts, which would limit participants. I definitely would not win, as my gains come very slow. I'll be watching though.
Lying is a big factor, but the majority of players are my 'friends' in Chad's current log, where the idea of this game came about. For the most part, I trust their word. If they do lie and sweep the competition, they're still stuck with the task of finding a really gay "Avatar of Shame" for the loser to display.

TripDog

TripDog

Bananas
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
dude my lifts are for man pretty-ness not numbers,but im at week like 8 of test....i cant put up the numbers fukcin chad can :aargh: (fukc u chad :D) ..i'm only 190 5'10....but dam it i'm in...fukcin supersoldier better be here too.......

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
Lying is a big factor, but the majority of players are my 'friends' in Chad's current log, where the idea of this game came about. For the most part, I trust their word. If they do lie and sweep the competition, they're still stuck with the task of finding a really gay "Avatar of Shame" for the loser to display.
Right on. Count me in for the deadlift, at least.

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
i guess deadlifts and military press.
Sounds like a plan :D

Another thing I was thinking was a "Call-out": you can remove yourself and another member from the competition to compete head to head on something specific.

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
Right on. Count me in for the deadlift, at least.
Me and you...weighted dips....so you can do a "Rodja's worth" of weight? Whatcha gonna to do when I have the equivalent of a "Rogue Drone" swinging around between my legs at the dipping station.:eek:

Seems like a cool idea. I'm focusing on strongman contests this summer, but if you guys are still doing it toward the end of the summer, I might jump in. Is there a natty division?

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
Me and you...weighted dips....so you can do a "Rodja's worth" of weight? Whatcha gonna to do when I have the equivalent of a "Rogue Drone" swinging around between my legs at the dipping station.:eek:

Seems like a cool idea. I'm focusing on strongman contests this summer, but if you guys are still doing it toward the end of the summer, I might jump in. Is there a natty division?
Are we talking fists to pits, or at least parallel with the dips? What was your PR on dips, can't remember. If you're swinging a 'Rogue Drones' worth, I definitely can't mess with you. Where's your deadlift at out of curiosity?

RedwolfWV

RedwolfWV

Awards
  • Established
So would this be based on the most improvement over time?

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
Are we talking fists to pits, or at least parallel with the dips? What was your PR on dips, can't remember. If you're swinging a 'Rogue Drones' worth, I definitely can't mess with you. Where's your deadlift at out of curiosity?
parallel.
For dips, I've done
BW + 190 for 5 reps
BW + 205 for 2 reps

BW was about 210 when I did that. Haven't tried any heavier lately. I was just kidding about the Drone's worth, but maybe one day.

I have some disc issues so I frequently have to back off deads, but recently I've done

485 x 3 (and messed up my back so I'm not sure where my max is at ... maybe ~515).

How about yourself on deads? What's your BW?

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
So would this be based on the most improvement over time?
Yeah, like most improvement in x amount of weeks (haven't really put too much thought into it yet). I think that's the most fair way to going about it.

My logic is like this:

If we go with just biggest total lifts, guys like Chad and SS would be at an advantage because they're bigger than a lot of us.

If we go pound for pound strength, that will reward the skinny little b*tches like me and TripDog.

RedwolfWV

RedwolfWV

Awards
  • Established
Ok, what the hell. I'm in then, at least for deadlifts. Maybe that will be the motivation I need to break 405 finally.

TripDog

TripDog

Bananas
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yeah, like most improvement in x amount of weeks (haven't really put too much thought into it yet). I think that's the most fair way to going about it.

My logic is like this:

If we go with just biggest total lifts, guys like Chad and SS would be at an advantage because they're bigger than a lot of us.

If we go pound for pound strength, that will reward the skinny little b*tches like me and TripDog.
omg no you didn't.....skinny *****,well i take a sh*tload of 5-alpha blockers(duta,fina) so my strength is soso,sorry as$clowns i like my hair(and it likes me)hahaha....i'm all about how it looks when i take my shirt off..yea great you can lift 1000 pounds,what do you actually look like tho...quallity muscle b*tches...any a$$hole can way overdose some gear and lift all kinds of weight..you gonna take your shirt off at the beach is my question.....

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
omg no you didn't.....skinny *****,well i take a sh*tload of 5-alpha blockers(duta,fina) so my strength is soso,sorry as$clowns i like my hair(and it likes me)hahaha....i'm all about how it looks when i take my shirt off..yea great you can lift 1000 pounds,what do you actually look like tho...quallity muscle b*tches...any a$$hole can way overdose some gear and lift all kinds of weight..you gonna take your shirt off at the beach is my question.....
Easy buddy, I meant "skinny little *****" figuratively. 5'10" @ 190 is similar to my size (5'8" @ 180). Now we look at Chad 6'2" @ over 250.

I'll give you an example of what I was getting at (the fact that we would f*cking own everybody pound for pound):

If I'm deadlifting 360lbs @ 180, that's twice my bodyweight.
To beat that, Chad would have to lift over 500lbs.

P.S. One day, I drew out a punitz square, and realized I'm going to go bald by the time I am 40 regardless of steroid use.

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
parallel.
For dips, I've done
BW + 190 for 5 reps
BW + 205 for 2 reps

BW was about 210 when I did that. Haven't tried any heavier lately. I was just kidding about the Drone's worth, but maybe one day.

I have some disc issues so I frequently have to back off deads, but recently I've done

485 x 3 (and messed up my back so I'm not sure where my max is at ... maybe ~515).

How about yourself on deads? What's your BW?
That is damn impressive on the dips. I had to ask, because I have a friend I workout with occasionally who will strap 3 plates on to his waist and do the most ridiculous 1/4 reps you'll ever see. Meanwhile, I'm only using 2 plates and going fists to pits and he thinks he is stronger, constantly making comments like, "damn, you need to try harder or something". Needless to say, I do not enjoy working out with him.

I'm a smidge over 6 feet, and waver between 230-235, havn't weighed myself for a month or so. My best d-lift was 635, currently I would guess it's right around 600. I love deadlifting, hate benching.

How about a side bet on Incline bench? Who makes the most progress in 6 weeks. My current bests on incline are 365x1 and 315x5, which is pretty much where you're at.

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
I'm exactly the opposite of you. Who cares what you look like, I'm into performance. Don't get me wrong, I care what I look like, but care much more about actual strength. And as far as overdosing gear and lifting all kinds of weight, I think the same goes for building muscle.

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm exactly the opposite of you. Who cares what you look like, I'm into performance. Don't get me wrong, I care what I look like, but care much more about actual strength. And as far as overdosing gear and lifting all kinds of weight, I think the same goes for building muscle.
Looks like I'm in the middle of the two extremes. My goals are to get the best of both worlds.

And as far as overdosing gear and lifting all kinds of weight, I think the same goes for building muscle
Depends on the steroids you are using.

TripDog

TripDog

Bananas
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Easy buddy, I meant "skinny little *****" figuratively. 5'10" @ 190 is similar to my size (5'8" @ 180). Now we look at Chad 6'2" @ over 250.

I'll give you an example of what I was getting at (the fact that we would f*cking own everybody pound for pound):

If I'm deadlifting 360lbs @ 180, that's twice my bodyweight.
To beat that, Chad would have to lift over 500lbs.

P.S. One day, I drew out a punitz square, and realized I'm going to go bald by the time I am 40 regardless of steroid use.
punitz square??? whats that

bigpetefox

bigpetefox

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Well, that just sounds Man-tastic! :rofl: :run:

I'd join in, but still in season.. I ain't tearing a damn thang before showtime, not me, uh-uh.. Mm-hmm!

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Well, that just sounds Man-tastic! :rofl: :run:

I'd join in, but still in season.. I ain't tearing a damn thang before showtime, not me, uh-uh.. Mm-hmm!
I'm hoping this thread will stay strong for a while so feel free to drop in at a later point to play.

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
That is damn impressive on the dips. I had to ask, because I have a friend I workout with occasionally who will strap 3 plates on to his waist and do the most ridiculous 1/4 reps you'll ever see. Meanwhile, I'm only using 2 plates and going fists to pits and he thinks he is stronger, constantly making comments like, "damn, you need to try harder or something". Needless to say, I do not enjoy working out with him.

I'm a smidge over 6 feet, and waver between 230-235, havn't weighed myself for a month or so. My best d-lift was 635, currently I would guess it's right around 600. I love deadlifting, hate benching.
Damn, 635 on deadlift is solid as hell. Was that raw or with a suit? Do you compete? With that deadlift, I would think you could be really competitive at 242 or 220 (if you could make it and keep most of your strength) at least at local contests.

On dips I always go just below parallel. I've gone lower, but sometimes my shoulder pops/hurts. I'm probably more of a presser than puller, I just refuse to wear shirts so I haven't competed yet.

Trip, you need to man up and lift some heavy weight. Stop blasting your adductors at the "clam spreader" the girls use before you turn into this guy.

Attachments

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
Just messing with you, Trip. I do agree with Alex, though.

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Trip, you need to man up and lift some heavy weight. Stop blasting your adductors at "clam spreader" the girls use before you turn into this guy.
Wait a sec.....that's a picture of me! :lol:

bigpetefox

bigpetefox

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I'm hoping this thread will stay strong for a while so feel free to drop in at a later point to play.
Maybe, I did manage to ATG squat 525 for 2 @ 188lbs 2wks out from my show in May.. I was dizzy thru the weekend, never again on such low carbs.. :eek:

So far I only do incline bench to 335, deads 405, and squat 450 and I barely go high anymore because of the nerve damage in the left side of my neck..

TripDog

TripDog

Bananas
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
TripDog

TripDog

Bananas
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Damn, 635 on deadlift is solid as hell. Was that raw or with a suit? Do you compete? With that deadlift, I would think you could be really competitive at 242 or 220 (if you could make it and keep most of your strength) at least at local contests.

On dips I always go just below parallel. I've gone lower, but sometimes my shoulder pops/hurts. I'm probably more of a presser than puller, I just refuse to wear shirts so I haven't competed yet.

Trip, you need to man up and lift some heavy weight. Stop blasting your adductors at the "clam spreader" the girls use before you turn into this guy.
dude why u crackin on my brother.......hahahaha...... it's goats not effing unicorns,fukc unicorns......

TripDog

TripDog

Bananas
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
the clam spreader is the abductor.....

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
oh k,i read that and swore i was retarded...you can actually follow that sh*t.......dam
I just skimmed over that, and wow, they made it a lot more difficult than it actually is.

Ok, you have 2 parents: a mom and a dad. Each parent has to alleles. When you are born you get one allele from each parent. Alleles are what give your heriditary traits (i.e. eye color, hair color, blood type, and male pattern baldness). They can be either dominant or recessive, with the exception of hybrid alleles (I'll mention those later). Dominant alleles will kick recessive ones asses, so in the case that you have a dominant and recessive allele, you will take the trait of the dominant one. If the alleles are hybrids, this means that neither will overpower the other one, so you get a combination of both traits. A common example is hair color (if a red head and a brunette have a child, the child will more than likely have reddish brown hair)

The whole idea behind the punnett square is to figure out the chances that an offspring will have certain traits. Both my parents have the MPB allele.

TripDog

TripDog

Bananas
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I just skimmed over that, and wow, they made it a lot more difficult than it actually is.

Ok, you have 2 parents: a mom and a dad. Each parent has to alleles. When you are born you get one allele from each parent. Alleles are what give your heriditary traits (i.e. eye color, hair color, blood type, and male pattern baldness). They can be either dominant or recessive, with the exception of hybrid alleles (I'll mention those later). Dominant alleles will kick recessive ones asses, so in the case that you have a dominant and recessive allele, you will take the trait of the dominant one. If the alleles are hybrids, this means that neither will overpower the other one, so you get a combination of both traits. A common example is hair color (if a red head and a brunette have a child, the child will more than likely have reddish brown hair)

The whole idea behind the punnett square is to figure out the chances that an offspring will have certain traits. Both my parents have the MPB allele.
hmmm good post..how do u know who has the dominant tho

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
hmmm good post..how do u know who has the dominant tho
Certain traits are dominant and others are recessive. In the case of MPB, the alleles are gonna be "You Lose Hair" and "You Don't Lose Hair". I'm pretty sure the latter is the recessive one, but this might also be a hybrid. In either case, I am f*cked like fat chick who just paid $5000. (because fat chicks need lovin' too, but they gotta pay for it)

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
How about a side bet on Incline bench? Who makes the most progress in 6 weeks. My current bests on incline are 365x1 and 315x5, which is pretty much where you're at.
Just noticed your edit. Honestly, I don't think I could 1RM much over 345 on incline. But if it's off % improvement, I'm cool with it. Can we make it 7 weeks? It works better with my training schedule.

Trip, we used to call the actual machine the "clam spreader" in college.

TripDog

TripDog

Bananas
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
RedwolfWV

RedwolfWV

Awards
  • Established
Yea, but its the only way I've done them. Dunno why.

Last edited:
Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established

Damn, why would the guy in that picture do that to himself? Sad thing is he probably gets mad pu**y, or johnson, whichever he's into.

The d-lift was raw, and conventional. I've never tried using an actual d-lift suit, only a squat suit, and it did not help. I've never competed, but I plan to. I live in D.C., and from what I understand there are some good meets in Fredrick, MD, which is about an hour from here.

You would be amazed by bench shirts. My friend who is about my size competes, and I messed around with his Inzer double denim. At the time I could max about 365 on flat. I used his shirt and within 3 workouts I maxed 455, and it went up fast. I'm not a fan of suits or shirts, but it's part of the sport.

p.s. When I watched Rampage slam Arona that motivated me into putting about 50#'s on my d-lift within a few months.

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
Just noticed your edit. Honestly, I don't think I could 1RM much over 335 to 345 on incline. But if it's off % improvement, I'm cool with it. Can we make it 7 weeks? It works better with my training schedule.

Trip, we used to call the actual machine the "clam spreader" in college.
7 weeks sounds good. What do you want to do, max, x3, x5? I would suggest that we determine our 3rm within the next few days, and then see who makes the most improvement by Sept 1?

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
7 weeks sounds good. What do you want to do, max, x3, x5? I would suggest that we determine our 3rm within the next few days, and then see who makes the most improvement by Sept 1?
That sounds perfect. You're on.