Blockbuster Vs. Netflix

1. Registered User

Blockbuster Vs. Netflix

The title pretty much says it all. Who is the better deal? What kind of experiences have you had with your company?
    My The 1 LOG: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/steroids/254164-my-one-log.html

2. Registered User

Netflix wins hands down. Blockbuster has had problems in the past with there "no late fees". They had some sort of legal trouble. I have used both and netflix definitely wins.
  3. Registered User

Blockbuster. Its the same as Netflix, but you get the added advantage of returing the movies to a store instead of through the mail if you want a movie right then. No charge or anything. Just trade in the old, get a free new one.

On top of that there was an article from CNN not long ago that was a study proving that after 3 months with Netflix, they put you in a different category which delays the shipping of movies to you since you're a long term customer because they want to satisfy newer customers first.

I have blockbuster and I have no problems with late fees or anything at all. In the famous words of Ben Stiller...Do It Do It.
    •   

4. Registered User

Reps to both of you...
  5. Registered User

HELP ME!^%$&^#$%#%$#@@

Please.
  6. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by motiv8er View Post
    HELP ME!^%$&^#$%#%$#@@

Please.
    With Netflix, you can now download movies immedietly, so nothing will be out of stock. Get netflix!
  7. Registered User

make sure that if you use blockbuster that your store participates in the exchange movie program. i know mine doesn't and netflix has been great so far no problems at all.
  8. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by T-Bone View Post
    With Netflix, you can now download movies immedietly, so nothing will be out of stock. Get netflix!
    vBulletin Message
    You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to T-Bone again.
  9. Registered User

vBulletin Message
    You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to T-Bone again.
    Thanks, I gave you reps!
  10. Gold Member

Blockbuster... it's not even close.

Let's say you get 2 movies at once with Blockbuster. EVERY SINGLE MOVIE has a free in store rental if you return your rented movies to a store.

basically, you get 2 movies in the mail, then return them to the store and you get 2 FREE in store rentals. on top of that you get FOUR free in store rentals per month as well.

so if you have a blockbuster close, you can get all your movies online, return them to a blockbuster store, and basically get 4 movies instead of two. it's a no-brainer.
  11. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by not_big_enuf View Post
    Blockbuster... it's not even close.

Let's say you get 2 movies at once with Blockbuster. EVERY SINGLE MOVIE has a free in store rental if you return your rented movies to a store.

basically, you get 2 movies in the mail, then return them to the store and you get 2 FREE in store rentals. on top of that you get FOUR free in store rentals per month as well.

so if you have a blockbuster close, you can get all your movies online, return them to a blockbuster store, and basically get 4 movies instead of two. it's a no-brainer.
    vBulletin Message
    You have given out too much Reputation in the last 24 hours, try again later.
  12. Registered User

I still say go with NetFlix. Blockbuster is just a copycat. I tried both and was much happier with Netflix. Also have had some family use Blockbuster and have problems with them.
  13. Registered User

I'm going with Blockbuster because I feel I get more for my money. My wife has us setup to receive 4 movies at a time.. When we return those 4 movies to the local Blockbuster, we get 4 more movies for Free.. You can't beat that...

Then, a couple of days later, we get 4 more movies - and go through the motions..

However.. We did recently notice one bad thing about all of this.. If your local Blockbuster is a "Franchise" - then they don't participate in this program. So if you decide to go with Blockbuster, you might want to verify that your local store participates in this deal.
  14. Registered User

Blockbuster is really shady no doubt...
  15. Registered User

Anybody else?
  16. Registered User

Blockbuster hands down

Here's how it works...

You select movies for a queue like Netflix. They mail you them. WHen you are done with one, you return it to a store instead of mailing it. It acts as a coupon for a free instore rental. So you get another movie then and there. Plus when they scan your envelope at the store it counts as having returned it so they mail out the next movie on your list like the same night. Usually it takes like 1-3 days for a movie to arrive. My wife and I signed up for the 2 at a time and we ALWAYS have at the very least 1 movie at any given time and usually have 2. Sometimes we have 4 (if we haven't watched our instore rentals yet and our new online rentals arrive in the mail).

Plus, each month we get an eCoupon to use for a free instore GAME rental. Lately we've been using those for renting Wii games to try them out before buying them. Wound up eventually buying Blur and Rayman after renting them.
  17. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Tiberius View Post
    Blockbuster hands down

Here's how it works...

You select movies for a queue like Netflix. They mail you them. WHen you are done with one, you return it to a store instead of mailing it. It acts as a coupon for a free instore rental. So you get another movie then and there. Plus when they scan your envelope at the store it counts as having returned it so they mail out the next movie on your list like the same night. Usually it takes like 1-3 days for a movie to arrive. My wife and I signed up for the 2 at a time and we ALWAYS have at the very least 1 movie at any given time and usually have 2. Sometimes we have 4 (if we haven't watched our instore rentals yet and our new online rentals arrive in the mail).

Plus, each month we get an eCoupon to use for a free instore GAME rental. Lately we've been using those for renting Wii games to try them out before buying them. Wound up eventually buying Blur and Rayman after renting them.
    Good stuff to know!!
  18. Registered User

blockbuster!
  19. Registered User

I was actually incorrect in my statement regarding Blockbuster "franchises" not doing the 'you return a movie that was delivered to you and you get to rent one free' deal. Franchises don't do the "no late fees" thing.. That's all..
  20. Board Supporter

I also read a while ago about netflix not sending movies out right away if you rent movies too often. I guess some people rent enough that it cuts into their profits so they take longer to send movies out to make up for this and limit how much you can actually rent. Personally I would go with blockbuster and am thinking of signing up with them sometime soon as well.
  21. Registered User

HELP ME!^%$&^#$%#%$#@@

Please.
    Blockbuster! Netflix was fine, but they do put you on that prolonged list. Netflix lets you DL movies directly to your PC however, I see Blockbuster doing that in the near future as well. The in-store return and "free" rentals outweigh all in my opinion. Plus, keep in mind that Blockbuster has more capital to improve its service, Netflix may decide to lower their fees to compete but Blockbuster, currently, offers more.
  22. Registered User

Thanks to all of you!!
  23. Registered User
    Stats
    6'3"  252 lbs.

Interesting. We've only used Netflix. We are, however, in small-town USA, the nearest Blockbuster is 20 miles away. So renting and returning is not very convenient.

For those that said Blockbuster, would you still use them over Netflix if they didn't have the in store return and free movies? If you lived in the boonies like us, with no store nearby, which would you choose??
  24. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.

I had a one month trial with Blockbuster. My brother worked there for a while - he gave me the code for a 3 movie at a time trial.

I loved it. Had no late fees on the in-store exchanges (had 2 I dropped off 2 days late).

I've not tried Netflix - I will do that before I pick one of these places.
    (It's been since January since I had the Blockbuster deal.)

The thing I'm curious on is the Blu Ray DVD's - not sure if BB allows them on their service.
    (I just got a Samsung HD LCD tv. )

I'll ask my brother if he remembers the code - though I wouldn't hold my breath. He can barely remember what happened last week.
  25. Registered User

Thanks guys!
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 19
    Last Post: 05-31-2008, 04:38 AM
  2. Ergopharm vs. IDC
    By true_c in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 12-07-2002, 08:14 AM
  3. Formasin vs. 6-oxo
    By scotty2 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-03-2002, 08:32 PM