Transformers!

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
Caught this one on the 4th - it so totally ruled. Any gripes I may have had with the movie were completely washed away by an unstoppable barrage of hot chicks and giant robots blowing stuff up. Im gonna go see it again tomorrow:)

It came so close to what I was imagining as a 10 year old kid rushing home from school to play with my toys and watch the cartoon...I'm so happy that the movie didnt just not suck, but kicked all kinds of ass:)

BV

bigpetefox

bigpetefox

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Very good movie!

billm311

billm311

Awards
  • Established
agreed, I was left blown away. probably will see it again.

oh that megan fox, very sexy.

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Agree V. I seen it on the 4th as well. While other losers where at the local parade I was getting my eye candy fix on. Much better then anything I ever imagined. I almost forgot how well Peter Cullen's voice fit Prime. Brought back a lot of good childhood memories.

crader

crader

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I loved this movie!! Definitely worth seeing again.

OCCFan023

OCCFan023

Awards
  • Established
When a movie thats 2 hours and 23 min feels like an hour thats saying something. Michael Bay has totally redemed himself of past failures.

Optimus Prime: "My Bad" awsome!

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
I may just wait for the DVD. I am really getting sick of movies with themes from 1980's tv shows...
Yeah I hear ya bro - but if you're gonna see one of them this is definitely the one. It MUST be seen on the big screen - seriously.

bv

crader

crader

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Yeah I hear ya bro - but if you're gonna see one of them this is definitely the one. It MUST be seen on the big screen - seriously.

bv
I agree much better on a huge screen with surround booming.

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
I almost forgot how well Peter Cullen's voice fit Prime. Brought back a lot of good childhood memories.
Oh man, when I heard Optimus talk for the 1st time I was almost brought to tears:)

BV

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
The intro narrative kicked it all off for sure. His "my bad" comment was pretty cool to, and I love the fact that they threw in the classic yet little remembered line " At the end of this day, one shall stand... and one shall fall." I was a kid all over again.

billm311

billm311

Awards
  • Established
I agree much better on a huge screen with surround booming.
definately. Local theater had it on new DLP projectors, man that was sweet. Tomorrow I am gonna see it again, in IMAX!

snakebyte05

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I liked the movie a lot, just had some cheezy lines put in throughout the movie, but i was very pleased with the movie overall. worth seeing in the theaters.

bigpetefox

bigpetefox

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Sam: "How do you know my screen name?

Optimus: "Your eBay account!"

Megatron was voiced by Hugo Weaving, he played V and had a Vendetta.. ;)

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Without a doubt this movie kicked serious ass!! It's amazing how seeing this movie brought out the 8 year old kid again who loved his transformers. You have to love megatron's famous line when he tells starscream " You've failed me yet again starscream."....and that megan fox.....HOT!!!

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
Without a doubt this movie kicked serious ass!! It's amazing how seeing this movie brought out the 8 year old kid again who loved his transformers. You have to love megatron's famous line when he tells starscream " You've failed me yet again starscream."....and that megan fox.....HOT!!!
LOL yes I almost yelled outloud when Megatron *****ed out Starscream just like the cartoon!! And Megan Fox - crazy hot.

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
What was even better was that was pretty much the very first thing he said lol. They really pushed ebay and GM motors hardcore in the movie too, but hey it all fit fairly well.

On an off topic, anybody have any idea what the secret trailer was at the beginning of the movie?

anabolicrhino

anabolicrhino

Awards
  • Established
I was was in my way too cool late teens when the TV show originated so no nostalgia for me, just the facts:

60 ft IMAX screened stunt effects awesome !

Hot young chicks awesome !

Hugo "Agent Smith" Weavering voice awesome

Corporate embedded cross over marketing scary !

Headdoc

Headdoc

Awards
how old were you guys when you first got into the Transformer comics? At 62, I can't recall when my former patients were so taken with the Transformers in play therapy. Also my 20 month old grandson loves trucks and I was wondering if he would like his first Transformer.

RedwolfWV

RedwolfWV

Awards
  • Established
Saw it last night finally. Great movie!

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
how old were you guys when you first got into the Transformer comics? At 62, I can't recall when my former patients were so taken with the Transformers in play therapy. Also my 20 month old grandson loves trucks and I was wondering if he would like his first Transformer.
Well I am 34. I was 12 in 1984 when they first came out. I really didn't play with toys much. Maybe match box cars some. Mostly I would ride my bike and go outside to catch snakes and go fishin.

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
Im 31 now - I think I was around 7 when I started playing with the toys. First the GoBots, then the Transformers. There was this toystore in town that got all the die-cast japanese imports in so that's what we had - I look on Ebay now and that stuff is worth a mint! Too bad my brother and I played with them all so much they're all worn to **** now:)

BV

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I was around five or six when I first got into them.. loved the die cast toys too, those suckers could take some pounding.

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Hey anyone remember voltron? Another baddass cartoon! :D

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Something interesting was that voltron was also voiced by Cullen.

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
oh HELL YES!! We had the huge DieCast Voltron robot too - with all the Lions that could come apart and shoot stuff.

Check this out:

http://cgi.*********/Toynami-Die-Cast-Voltron-Lion-Set-Limited-Edition_W0QQitemZ150137166217QQihZ005QQcategoryZ2492QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
voltron was the ****....they have the cartoon series out on dvd now also. Voltron and the transformers are tough to beat....i think kids toys today seriously fail in comparison to what our generation had.

bigpetefox

bigpetefox

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Im 31 now - I think I was around 7 when I started playing with the toys. First the GoBots, then the Transformers. There was this toystore in town that got all the die-cast japanese imports in so that's what we had - I look on Ebay now and that stuff is worth a mint! Too bad my brother and I played with them all so much they're all worn to **** now:)

BV
There was a place in Waltham MA. on Moody St where they had everything like that, Gai King, Jesse Dart, Star Poseidon/Arrow, StarBlazers, anything remotely anime.. Also the Voltron that was made up of all those damn cars and jets, he was considered Voltron 2 while the lion based Voltron was 3.. Voltron 1 was 3 robots that became one big one, but the comic was kinda boring..

bigpetefox

bigpetefox

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
There was a place in Waltham MA. on Moody St where they had everything like that, Gai King, Jesse Dart, Star Poseidon/Arrow, StarBlazers, anything remotely anime.. Also the Voltron that was made up of all those damn cars and jets, he was considered Voltron 2 while the lion based Voltron was 3.. Voltron 1 was 3 robots that became one big one, but the comic was kinda boring..
GaiKing
[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CG5m9SbUjaM"]YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.[/nomedia]

DanGuard Ace Force Five
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rw-YA2pmsjc"]YouTube - Danguard Ace Force Five[/ame]

Force Five SpaceKeteers
[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwiHr064P3s"]YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.[/nomedia]

Felt like I had to share, all the talk about old-school robot shows made me feel old.. :ntome:

getswole

getswole

Awards
  • Established
Watched it free at home on the lcd plasma....you guys should really check this out...Forget renting movies.as long as your even slightly computer literate and can read instructions...you can watch stuff in the theatres for free,I watched Hostel 2 in Hd-dvd qualtiy 3 weeks before it even came out in theatres

http://movieforumz.com

This is no BS...just get an s-video cable and you can use your laptop or pc to play on your tv,or like Sinner mentioned,you "10ft.wide 108i projector"

Plus were lucky,the ay the theatre is setup here,you can just walk in,hit the bathrooms,and hit the theatre...I havn't paid for a Movie in a long time...last one was 300'..just cause we wanted to see it in hi-def on the big Imax screen...loved that movie..

If you can't figure it out just pm me..its a completely free site..my girl watches movies most of the day on her pc at the office...

bigpetefox

bigpetefox

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
How can I forget Grandizer, how silly of me..

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d0dQuCeA_7w"]YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.[/nomedia]

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
Ah yeah this place had all that too! My Dad used to get us all the robot stuff there because it was so much more detailed/higher quality than the US branded toys. I never did get Voltron 1 or 2 but I remember looking at them in the store...

While we're at it let's not forget Tranzor-Z and Robotech!

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lVkueSuO-GU"]YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.[/nomedia]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XuWlcZRuiVI"]YouTube - Robotech[/ame]

Robotech was actually pretty dramatic, and had hot anime chicks.:)

BV

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
BTW I just caight Transformers again - took my 15 year old kid brother to see it tonight. It was just as great the 2nd time around...when the movie ended the whole theater erupted in applause:)

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Pop quiz: What was the name of Prince Adams cat before he turned into Battle Cat?:D

TheUnlikelyToad

TheUnlikelyToad

Awards
  • Established
I thought Transformers was good but not overly amazing except for tha special effects.

I had higher expectations. In tha end, they changed things too much.

motiv8er

motiv8er

Awards
  • Established
Rocked. More fighting would have been better though.