Thinking about going back for masters

1. Thinking about going back for masters

I am thinking about going back and getting my masters degree. I am trying to determine what my options are and am up for any advice. My bachelors degree is in Criminal Justice and Psychology. My department will pay for me to get a masters in public administration or criminal justice. The only thing these 2 degrees will do for me is put me in the highly promotable category. How difficult is getting your masters while working full time and working swing shift? I believe my sgt will work with me and let me work day shift on the days i have class.

2. WTH...if they're paying for, give it a shot.

I got my MS right after the BS with student loans so I was not having to work full-time. You'll probably have a tough couple years ahead, but would be kicking yourself later if you passed up the opportunity.
    •   

3. Quote Originally Posted by machine528 View Post
    I am thinking about going back and getting my masters degree. I am trying to determine what my options are and am up for any advice. My bachelors degree is in Criminal Justice and Psychology. My department will pay for me to get a masters in public administration or criminal justice. The only thing these 2 degrees will do for me is put me in the highly promotable category. How difficult is getting your masters while working full time and working swing shift? I believe my sgt will work with me and let me work day shift on the days i have class.
    You can do it. Fulltime consideration for master's students is 9 credit hours meaning that the class load is lower then undergrad courses(full time being 12hrs I believe). I've did the master's courses with a full time job, and haven't had much problems, of course theres always some stress at certain moments. It's not half as rough as I thought it would be, and having a boss that's understanding of project due dates and test scores really helps.
    ~ Nothing can kill the Grimace!!

4. Thanks guys i was thinking about taking 6 credits a semester for the summer, fall and spring semesters. I should have continued on immediatly after i recieved my bachelors.

5. I had gotten my first M.S. in biochem during my undergrad years due to an accelerated program I was in...I didn't realize how easy I had it. Now I am working full-time and trying to get my dual MBA done and it is quite difficult now.
    •   

6. It is difficult to get ehile working full time. I got mine first master's doing it this way, and barely saw my wife. I am finishing now in Ed. Admin (1 more class damn it), and working full time.

Listen, if they will pay for it go for it. Its foolish not to
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. I am thinking about try HGH for the 1st time
    By KriegerJ in forum IGF-1/GH
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 10-18-2010, 06:10 PM
  2. I'm thinking about going hunting for the first time soon
    By DerickVonD in forum General Chat
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 02-27-2010, 11:50 PM
  3. Replies: 5