Thinking about going back for masters

1. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    82.28%

Thinking about going back for masters

I am thinking about going back and getting my masters degree. I am trying to determine what my options are and am up for any advice. My bachelors degree is in Criminal Justice and Psychology. My department will pay for me to get a masters in public administration or criminal justice. The only thing these 2 degrees will do for me is put me in the highly promotable category. How difficult is getting your masters while working full time and working swing shift? I believe my sgt will work with me and let me work day shift on the days i have class.

2. Registered User
    Stats
    6'3"  252 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    28.43%
    Achievements Posting Pro

WTH...if they're paying for, give it a shot.

I got my MS right after the BS with student loans so I was not having to work full-time. You'll probably have a tough couple years ahead, but would be kicking yourself later if you passed up the opportunity.
  3. Idiot Savant
    Stats
    5'9"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    91.99%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by machine528 View Post
    I am thinking about going back and getting my masters degree. I am trying to determine what my options are and am up for any advice. My bachelors degree is in Criminal Justice and Psychology. My department will pay for me to get a masters in public administration or criminal justice. The only thing these 2 degrees will do for me is put me in the highly promotable category. How difficult is getting your masters while working full time and working swing shift? I believe my sgt will work with me and let me work day shift on the days i have class.
    You can do it. Fulltime consideration for master's students is 9 credit hours meaning that the class load is lower then undergrad courses(full time being 12hrs I believe). I've did the master's courses with a full time job, and haven't had much problems, of course theres always some stress at certain moments. It's not half as rough as I thought it would be, and having a boss that's understanding of project due dates and test scores really helps.
    ~ Nothing can kill the Grimace!!

•   

4. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    82.28%

Thanks guys i was thinking about taking 6 credits a semester for the summer, fall and spring semesters. I should have continued on immediatly after i recieved my bachelors.
  5. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'9"  .5 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    16.74%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

I had gotten my first M.S. in biochem during my undergrad years due to an accelerated program I was in...I didn't realize how easy I had it. Now I am working full-time and trying to get my dual MBA done and it is quite difficult now.
  6. Banned
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    78.18%

It is difficult to get ehile working full time. I got mine first master's doing it this way, and barely saw my wife. I am finishing now in Ed. Admin (1 more class damn it), and working full time.

Listen, if they will pay for it go for it. Its foolish not to

Similar Forum Threads

1. I am thinking about try HGH for the 1st time
    By KriegerJ in forum IGF-1/GH
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 10-18-2010, 07:10 PM
  2. I'm thinking about going hunting for the first time soon
    By DerickVonD in forum General Chat
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 02-28-2010, 12:50 AM
  3. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 01-20-2010, 04:00 PM