Im scared to fly to England now.. (ALSO HELP ME!)

Inchamery

Inchamery

Awards
Ok i'm going to england in like 2 weeks, with the new alert which has rose to Critical ( http://cnn.com ) .. i'm scared flying from NYC to Heathrow, London .. I have the worst luck.. last year I had to fly from London to NYC the day after the terrorists threatened to bomb the planes from London to NYC .. :'( .. Also Once i do get there i dont know how to keep my workout going without any dumbells and things.. can i bring my supp's ?? is there any good pushup plans i could do?

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Just stay safe and make it over there in one piece then figure the rest out.

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Stay alert and keep a steady eye. If **** doesn't feel right then skip the flight.

T

Tiberius

Awards
  • Established
Ok i'm going to england in like 2 weeks, with the new alert which has rose to Critical ( CNN.com - Breaking News, U.S., World, Weather, Entertainment & Video News ) .. i'm scared flying from NYC to Heathrow, London .. I have the worst luck.. last year I had to fly from London to NYC the day after the terrorists threatened to bomb the planes from London to NYC .. :'( .. Also Once i do get there i dont know how to keep my workout going without any dumbells and things.. can i bring my supp's ?? is there any good pushup plans i could do?

Stop worrying and grow a set. That tends to work.

T

Tiberius

Awards
  • Established
easy for you to say :)
I do business in NYC all the time. Including ON 9/11/2001. Including the moment the reopened the bridges.

Like I said stop worrying about boogeymen and grow a set.

RedwolfWV

RedwolfWV

Awards
  • Established
I had to fly from the east coast to the west coast for my dad's funeral about 1 month after 9/11 happened. It was kind of amazing the connection the passengers made with each other. Everyone was alert. You'll be ok. Everyone will be looking out for each other.

neoborn

neoborn

Awards
  • Established
I have done this flight many times.

1. Have faith and believe that all will be well. Which it will!

2. Talk to all those loved ones that you want them to know you love them and tell them so, this is a precautionary measure should anything happen.

3. Expect the best, but, be prepared for the worst!

Much love bro, do not live in fear but live in love....it's a much better life!

<3 Neoborn <3

oh and Bodyweight exercises is what you want just google em.

yeahright

yeahright

Awards
  • Established
6 billion people in the world. You have a greater chance of dying in a car accident on the way to the airport than being killed by terrorists.

T

Tiberius

Awards
  • Established
6 billion people in the world. You have a greater chance of dying in a car accident on the way to the airport than being killed by terrorists.
You have a greater chance of being killed by being struck by lightning while your stepping into or out of the car than you are dieing in a terrorist attack.

It's amazing, people are scared of **** that is really incredibly unlikely but take extremely dangerous stuff for granted. You have a greater chance of slipping in the shower, cracking your skull open on the wall and bleeding to death on the floor. Driving a car, riding in a car, walking on the sidewalk, eating food, and doing a lot of **** we all do every day is a lot more dangerous than flying is.

jarhead

jarhead

Awards
  • Established
It's largely the media and the government keeping us in a "live in fear " mentality".

neoborn

neoborn

Awards
  • Established
See my previous post, but also people win the lottery as well eh!

T

Tiberius

Awards
  • Established
See my previous post, but also people win the lottery as well eh!
Yes, so are you going to live in fear of slipping on the pavement and cracking your head open on the curb?

lennoxchi

lennoxchi

Awards
  • Established
i have since quit but having a couple (or a dozen)of drinks might be helpful....i'm sure someone will blast me for this comment, but it happened to work for me until my fear was gone.......and i realized that my faith in something else was greater that my fear of flying.

Wendy21

Wendy21

Awards
It it really scary to fly, especially with what is going on all over the world!

T

Tiberius

Awards
  • Established
It it really scary to fly, especially with what is going on all over the world!

But the thing is it is only scary if you have a really warped sense of probabilities. Just flying is fine. Flying with 12 guys named Abdul Rachabadabbabad shouting "JIHAD!" over and over might be scary. Flying while sitting next to a 500 pound woman is scary. Cus if she's in the window seat it means she has to somehow make it past you to get up to go to the bathroom and if you have the window seat you have the reverse problem. Plus there is always the distinct possibility of being smothered in a giant roll of fat.

Flying next to a mother with an infant or toddler is scary too. You never know what those little ####ers will do on a flight.

At least in business class though you get some distance between you and other people.

Skyblue

Skyblue

Awards
man i fly to england all the time. really racist but if you see more than one shady lookin person get up at one time, and look at each other, than just start breakin necks. period.