NYC Manhattan

nycste

nycste

Awards
  • Established
Anyone from Manhattan and workout anywhere from delancy-34th street?

Id love to setup a few workouts just to get some decent lifting partners and or see some gyms ive never been to.

Inchamery

Inchamery

Awards
I wish i lived in such a cool city :( , where i can see kramer and jerry and.. ugh

nycste

nycste

Awards
  • Established
I wish i lived in such a cool city :( , where i can see kramer and jerry and.. ugh
sure kewl city and all but no real places to workout for cheap. no garages full of weights and stretch bands and stuff i see everyone using in youtube videos.

Nothing hardcore in gyms and i cannot afford 2000 a year gyms that are underground elite places. :(

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I'm from nyc and I'm stuck working out at NYSC.

It's decent I guess, but I'm already regretting signing a contract with them...all I use is the power rack(s) mostly and if this is busy, I get a lil upset :(

Synergy was ok for a bit...the place is geared towards my type of workouts...but I no longer live in Astoria and I haven't visited the one in Manhattan yet.

Bionic

Bionic

Awards
  • Established

It's decent I guess, but I'm already regretting signing a contract with them...all I use is the power rack(s) mostly and if this is busy, I get a lil upset :(

Synergy was ok for a bit...the place is geared towards my type of workouts...but I no longer live in Astoria and I haven't visited the one in Manhattan yet.
Dude, I work in Astoria!!! Didn't know there were so many locals here!

nycste

nycste

Awards
  • Established

totally did not see this post. you guys should join the parks and recreation gym. i just did 75bucks for the year. prison style equipment. but guess what they got everything you need its freaking amazing. im working out at 23rd and fdr now. i freaking love it.

Dude, I work in Astoria!!! Didn't know there were so many locals here!
find us OMG

hopefully more find this thread

Bionic

Bionic

Awards
  • Established
I know where you're talking about. It has a name, can't remember at the moment. Asser-Levy? At any rate, I do remember that when I went, they made you take a number and then wait to workout. Is it still like that?

nycste

nycste

Awards
  • Established
I know where you're talking about. It has a name, can't remember at the moment. Asser-Levy? At any rate, I do remember that when I went, they made you take a number and then wait to workout. Is it still like that?
ummm no not that i know of anyway hehe. im sure it could get packed but i havent seen that yet.

either way u join the parks department spend 75bucks and can go to any gym wherever. so freaking amazing idk why it took me 3 years to sign up. i used to go to asher levy when i was like 10 for years as a kid.

so umm hit me up on PM if u wanna workout there sometime. or some place else?