teeth whitening?

Jstrong20

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Anybody had luck with crest white strips or kits ordered online? I was thinking of getting one and I'm not sure what brand or solution is the strongest I can get.

DmitryWI

DmitryWI

I know nothing...
Awards
  • Established
They are all not strong enough to make your teeth white. I've tried strips, trays and it didn't do ****. you have to use a lot of solution and when it gets on your gums it bleaches them too. Not a very pleasant thing...
I got trays made at the dentist office for about $280 and it works great. You have to use only a little bit of solution and it never gets on your gums.

Mrs. Gimpy!

Mrs. Gimpy!

Awards
  • Established
crest white strips work....at least on me and all the people i know that have used them. they are not as strong as the kind found in dental offices but they work almost as good as the professional whitening stuff, but it takes weeks instead of minutes. the ingredients used are generally the same as well, just half as potent. they make your teeth really sensitive too (use a anti-sensitivity toothpaste like sensodyne for 3 weeks prior to treatment).

RisingAgainst

RisingAgainst

Banned
Awards
  • Established
crest white strips work....at least on me and all the people i know that have used them. they are not as strong as the kind found in dental offices but they work almost as good as the professional whitening stuff, but it takes weeks instead of minutes. the ingredients used are generally the same as well, just half as potent. they make your teeth really sensitive too (use a anti-sensitivity toothpaste like sensodyne for 3 weeks prior to treatment).
Same deal, they made my smile what it is today, but my teeth are now sensitive... :( :sad:

rpen22

rpen22

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
crest white strips work....at least on me and all the people i know that have used them. they are not as strong as the kind found in dental offices but they work almost as good as the professional whitening stuff, but it takes weeks instead of minutes. the ingredients used are generally the same as well, just half as potent.
Same with me. I've never gotten my teeth whitened by the dentist so I can't compare, but I was quite surprised at the difference the strips made pretty quickly.

PumpingIron

Awards
  • Established
I love the crest white strips...

Definitely took away all the stains from dipping when I quit...

It made my gums senstive for the 10 days I used them and a few days after that, but nothing since then.

These are the best subsitute for professional whitening, according to my dentist.

Wendy21

Wendy21

Awards
I actually got the lasering done to whiten my teeth and it worked great, but the Crest Whitestrips work great also. I just got done using them :)

Jstrong20

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Thanks for the replies. Crest white strips aren't that expensive so I'll probably try them first. If that don't work I'll go the dmitryi route.

DmitryWI

DmitryWI

I know nothing...
Awards
  • Established
The problem for me is my teeth pretty white but get yellow-ish close to the gums and I couldn't whiten it with just strips or trays. All it does is gets top of my teeth really sensitive, no matter how long/much sensodine toothpaste I use. But dentists trays allow me to use solution on the front of the teeth without getting too sensitive.

greenwing7

greenwing7

Awards
I got some pretty good stuff off the internet auction sites it came with a bunch or carbimide peroxide 35% and 2 mouthguards like you use for sports only a little smaller, just get them hot, mold them and I use them once every 2-3 months and keeps the teeth pearly white!
carbimide peroxide 35% is the key though for something thats not from the dentist with lazers and stuff

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
General Chat 8
Pro Bodybuilding 0
Go Away General Chat 19
Nutrition / Health 14
Flaw General Chat 7