Where to take the girl in NYC????

ptrain19

ptrain19

Awards
We are going to the Tiesto concert at the Hammerstein Ballroom on July 20th and spending the night at the Hilton in Times Square.

Im really trying to impress her because we havent seen each other since the end of the school year and we're dying to see each other. (The Aspire 36 sample WILL be in use as well haha). Anyways, I want to take her out to a nice restaurant thatll be in the times square area. Nothing too fancy and nothing where the bill is a minimum of 200 dollars, just a nice, fun place kind of like Carmines (I already tried to get reservations but they're full, even a month and a half out..)

Im from NJ, so I dont know the NYC area that well, she is from ME and hasnt been in the city before. Thanks for the help..
:D

Bionic

Bionic

Awards
  • Established
Hey Bro, welcome to my little slice of the world!!! I wouldn't suggest taking her to any place in the Times Square area. It's all very "touristy" and not a good representation of NYC, at all IMO. I would suggest that you pick up a copy of the magazine "Time Out NY" and make your decisions based off of that. But yeah, Times Square blows. You'll find better places in different parts of Manhattan. Good luck and feel free to PM me is you have any questions.

anabolicrhino

anabolicrhino

Awards
  • Established
We are going to the Tiesto concert at the Hammerstein Ballroom on July 20th and spending the night at the Hilton in Times Square.

Im really trying to impress her because we havent seen each other since the end of the school year and we're dying to see each other. (The Aspire 36 sample WILL be in use as well haha). Anyways, I want to take her out to a nice restaurant thatll be in the times square area. Nothing too fancy and nothing where the bill is a minimum of 200 dollars, just a nice, fun place kind of like Carmines (I already tried to get reservations but they're full, even a month and a half out..)

Im from NJ, so I dont know the NYC area that well, she is from ME and hasnt been in the city before. Thanks for the help..
:D
Dude, start out at the TGI Fridays @ 34th and 9th ask for Nissam

tell him that Eddy said he is a "gondu"

and he will set you up !!!

Right across from the Garden on 33rd and 8th is a bar called "Local" it is tourist NYC expensive, but it's got mega video screens and the "beautiful people" go there !

Across the street on the corner is The Stagedoor deli awesome sandwiches if you don't mind paying $15, look for a cute little waitress named "Sahra"...good luck & have fun!!!

p.s. If you like Video games go to the ESPNZONE in time Square!

p. p. s. If you do want to speed some mad cash Uncle Charlie's Steakhouse on 9th ave just off 34th street it will be $100 a person but a great NYC style steak & a time to remember!

p.p.p.s. if you really love meat for about $50 a person I would go to La Playa on 45th off 8th ave which is a Brazilian style "rodesio"..all you can eat buffett and they bring you "spits of flame broiled meat" until you say stop!!!

ptrain19

ptrain19

Awards
Dude, start out at the TGI Fridays @ 34th and 9th ask for Nissam

tell him that Eddy said he is a "gondu"

and he will set you up !!!

Right across from the Garden on 33rd and 8th is a bar called "Local" it is tourist NYC expensive, but it's got mega video screens and the "beautiful people" go there !

Across the street on the corner is The Stagedoor deli awesome sandwiches if you don't mind paying $15, look for a cute little waitress named "Sahra"...good luck & have fun!!!

p.s. If you like Video games go to the ESPNZONE in time Square!

p. p. s. If you do want to speed some mad cash Uncle Charlie's Steakhouse on 9th ave just off 34th street it will be $100 a person but a great NYC style steak & a time to remember!

p.p.p.s. if you really love meat for about $50 a person I would go to La Playa on 45th off 8th ave which is a Brazilian style "rodesio"..all you can eat buffett and they bring you "spits of flame broiled meat" until you say stop!!!
I really appreciate the help... haha

what about a nice small italian place?

RisingAgainst

RisingAgainst

Banned
Awards
  • Established

DRIVE NORTH TO TRUMBULL CT!!! Dude, they have an awesome brick oven family owned italian place that basically makes the town.

And ESPNZone is a hit.. I loved getting sauced there.

anabolicrhino

anabolicrhino

Awards
  • Established

Manganaro's oldest Italian deli in NYC on 9th ave between 36th & 37th, awesome food slow cooked to perfection. Its run by three sisters who bicker the whole time its like a family kitchen.

About $20 a person. I don't think they are open on Sundays?

jonny21

jonny21

Awards
  • Established
Take the R down to NYU (8th Street) Walk around Washington Sq Park to Thompson st. 270 Thompson Street to be precise, Lupa. Excellent food, cozy atmosphere. Should be <200 unless you drink too much.

riseboi

riseboi

Awards
  • Established
I believe I've been there. IIRC, they have a place card or coaster that you flip over when your done so that they can roll you out. :D