What's your daily grinder ?

R

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
What's your day job ?

Just wondering what's your daily grinder (daytime job) ?

I just recently graduated college and I work for the government as a health inspector. (giving out penalities)

Mrs. Gimpy!

Mrs. Gimpy!

Awards
  • Established
so are you afraid to eat out nowadays? seriously....

Squeaks4ver

Squeaks4ver

Awards
  • Established
please do not EVER answer that question.. i luv mrs gimpy but i will find you, ring your door bell and beat you all if you mess up my love for going out to eat!!!! lol

PS. you can answer it if its all good news. thanks bye

Mrs. Gimpy!

Mrs. Gimpy!

Awards
  • Established
please do not EVER answer that question.. i luv mrs gimpy but i will find you, ring your door bell and beat you all if you mess up my love for going out to eat!!!! lol

PS. you can answer it if its all good news. thanks bye

maybe he should mess up our love for going out to eat... i go out eat way too much..... hahah maybe id be alittle leaner if i didnt eat so bad

Squeaks4ver

Squeaks4ver

Awards
  • Established
i hate when you are right ... but i am still going tomorrow!!:food:

R

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
so are you afraid to eat out nowadays? seriously....

No not really. I see a lot of stuff and sometimes it is as bad as they depict it to be when they do inside looks at places, but there are good places that are clean too. The bad ones just make better news, so in my position it helps to see both ends of the spectrum.

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
im a night grinder ;)

avionics technician.

people always ask me what that is.

dlew308

dlew308

Awards
  • Established
I'm in IT (Unix Systems Admin) for a large global asset management company

Being in IT means i'm not the baller like the MBAs are :(

Gym is a block over, easy to workout at lunch :)

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Aircraft technology development ?
ha! yah i wish. No im comparable to an aircraft electrician but a little more.

I wish we had some weights here in the hangar that would be sweet cuz sometimes all i do is surf the web (anabolicminds.com).

dlew308

dlew308

Awards
  • Established
there's gotta be some heavy stuff to lift around you
pull some luggage carriers or something :)

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
there's gotta be some heavy stuff to lift around you
pull some luggage carriers or something :)
well the hangar i work at is on the opposite side of the airport away from the terminals so there really isnt much but tools oh! there are 70lb batteries but i wouldnt know what to do with them they are so awkwardly shaped.

Dlew, im not sure if you do the same but its funny the IT techs here blocked myspace from me and i got around it. They then blocked my way around it so i found another way. Then they put out bulletins on going to non work related sites etc. blocking my way around the block. This worked for a while and the bulletins went away. I just found a way back on again and they immediently put out a serious note threatening taking my comp away and termination if "illegal sites" are accessed again. LOL. ill just leave those dorks alone already.

dlew308

dlew308

Awards
  • Established
LOL I feel your pain. Our network team is in charge of blocking sites.
I don't have that crummy job :)

Gotta be a way to use those 70lbers....
think...what would macgyver do????

well the hangar i work at is on the opposite side of the airport away from the terminals so there really isnt much but tools oh! there are 70lb batteries but i wouldnt know what to do with them they are so awkwardly shaped.

Dlew, im not sure if you do the same but its funny the IT techs here blocked myspace from me and i got around it. They then blocked my way around it so i found another way. Then they put out bulletins on going to non work related sites etc. blocking my way around the block. This worked for a while and the bulletins went away. I just found a way back on again and they immediently put out a serious note threatening taking my comp away and termination if "illegal sites" are accessed again. LOL. ill just leave those dorks alone already.

R

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established

They blocked myspace here too, so I used a secondary proxy through a pop up window, then about a week later they blocked that...any other suggestions ?

rampage jackson

rampage jackson

Awards
  • Established
I'll bite...I pull combo duty. I'm a marketing intern with a D-1 athletic department, and I do marketing/sales for a collegiate apparel company. That is... aside from being a rep with Axis :).

WannaBeHulk

WannaBeHulk

rollin' on dubs!
Awards
  • Established
i have a government job as well acting as a budget analyst for the department of interior. i was originally employed with the IRS though:FUfinger: jk, i like my job. speaking of which, i gotta get back to work!:ntome:

R

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
i have a government job as well acting as a budget analyst for the department of interior. i was originally employed with the IRS though:FUfinger: jk, i like my job. speaking of which, i gotta get back to work!:ntome:

My department is state ran through the government, not directly federal like some other states, but I literally do jack if im not out like right now dingling around on AM.

In my dept. its like an unspoken rule that you don't do jack on Mon/Fri just sit in your cubicle and do nothing....hahaha if the taxpayers could see how their money is being spent.:clean:

WannaBeHulk

WannaBeHulk

rollin' on dubs!
Awards
  • Established
My department is state ran through the government, not directly federal like some other states, but I literally do jack if im not out like right now dingling around on AM.

In my dept. its like an unspoken rule that you don't do jack on Mon/Fri just sit in your cubicle and do nothing....hahaha if the taxpayers could see how their money is being spent.:clean:
haha, i definately hear you on that. my workload each day totals about 4-5 hours but i manage to stretch that to 8 hours. if im caught up, they have me worthless crap like shred, file, scan documents:yawn: seriously, we could easily manage the workload with half our staff.

unfortunately, advancement opportunities dont come through hard work with govt jobs. just get in and youll eventually progress to higher pay grades through "experience."

R

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
haha, i definately hear you on that. my workload each day totals about 4-5 hours but i manage to stretch that to 8 hours. if im caught up, they have me worthless crap like shred, file, scan documents:yawn: seriously, we could easily manage the workload with half our staff.

unfortunately, advancement opportunities dont come through hard work with govt jobs. just get in and youll eventually progress to higher pay grades through "experience."
Yeah its kinda one of those situations where the only way to move up is if someone quits, retires, or dies. This is my first job and its really relax since its non-profit, but it can be drab at time though.......I get a lot of weird phone calls about people complaining about various things too.

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
They blocked myspace here too, so I used a secondary proxy through a pop up window, then about a week later they blocked that...any other suggestions ?
there are proxies to get onto a proxy. so i used two proxies to get on. proxy.org and then spysurfing.com then myspace.com. I dunno thats what worked for me.

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Senior designer / interactive director

web + motion graphics mainly, but I wander into the print world at times.