Can't send PM's

angelo212

Awards
  • Established
When I try to send one the site tells me my PM's is turned off and I can't recieve or send any until I update my profile. So I updated and I still get the message. Help.

rpen22

rpen22

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
You have to donate to the board to get the pm function turned on.
Is that still the way it works? I could've sworn I've gotten PM's recently from members who haven't donated.:think:

TheCrownedOne

TheCrownedOne

Awards
  • Established
Your problem is simple. As a low-level user, you've yet to earn the experience points necessary to cast a PM spell. Shoot, your MP is only 19. For instance, after having roamed the range of Borborath and defeating the Great Liar (YellowJacket) along with that new threat Sugamber, Bobo's current MP is a staggering 39,389! That means Bobo can cast PM, PMara and PMaga with minimal MP usage. However, Bobo isn't technically a magic user - he's a Barbarian.
You may have registered as a Dwarf Knight or Elf Ranger, in which case your primary strengths lie in aggression and Internet Bullying. Take some time to roam our little world, take out a few monsters, find the Crystal Stone of Destiny (they'll make it sound hard, but it's really just in the lowest level of the Cave of Swallows behind the Goblin King's throne), and you'll probably have earned enough XP to cast a level one PM spell.

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

I am faster than 80% of all snakes
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Is that still the way it works?
No.

User CP > Edit Options > Messaging and Notification > Click Enable Private Messaging.

PumpingIron

Awards
  • Established
Bobo, quick off question, a little off topic. what exactly do you have in the works for gold members, if anything?

Or are the preferred searching, added pm storage and the ability to post links in your signature the end all?

TheCrownedOne

TheCrownedOne

Awards
  • Established
No.

User CP > Edit Options > Messaging and Notification > Click Enable Private Messaging.
Of course, everyone knows this only works for those of us who have found the Golden Wedge of Ophir by slaying the Tetraheaded Snarling Tarkune, unless of course Headmaster Clown has started giving those away, in which case this post may be disregarded :p