Okay fellas, my dad has been thinking about opening a retail supplement shop but I have very little knowledge on this. He's been trying to convince me to get in with him but I don't know if quitting grad school and possibly my day job is worth the risk. Here are some of my questions. Any info is appreciated.
1. Is this actually profitable enough after all the costs are taken into account ?
2. Is the retail supplement industry able to sustain economic difficulties ?
3. How tough would it be to compete with giants like Costco, GNC, Vitamin World, and Vitamin Shoppe ?
4. What is the actual success rate of independent retail supplement stores ?
5. How much would it actually cost to open a modest retail store ?