pharmacology....my whining - AnabolicMinds.com

pharmacology....my whining

  1. Mrs. Gimpy!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Age
    29
    Posts
    1,040
    Rep Power
    630

    Reputation

    pharmacology....my whining


    i thought that organic chemistry was bad... noo pharmacology is worse... its not harder, its just tedious.... i dont care about the 20 different antipsychotic meds. which med.s cross the blood brain barrier....etc... im not even allowed to prescribe medication when i graduate !!! im studying from the same book as nursing students and im in the dental field. i know that medication is relevant in dental hygiene but they teach the subject to us like we are pharmacists!

    my props to all the doctors and pharmacists out there.... i would hate to study that.....drives me bonkers

  2. prld2gr8ns's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Age
    33
    Posts
    10,500
    Rep Power
    61214

    Reputation Reputation

    That's the tuff thing with any area of medical education. You get a lot of crossover in education and material. Some useful, most not. All depending on your area of expertise and your intended major.
    ~ Nothing can kill the Grimace!!


  3. r6samson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Age
    27
    Posts
    69
    Rep Power
    152

    Reputation

    Going to be a 2nd year pharmacy undergradute student and I feel your pain on dumb courses, but alas CORE classes > me. Good luck none-the-less.


    JP
    •   
       

  4. spatch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    878
    Rep Power
    596

    Reputation

    I'm taking Organic in the fall. Is it really that scary?
  5. prld2gr8ns's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Age
    33
    Posts
    10,500
    Rep Power
    61214

    Reputation Reputation

    Actually I thought organic was kind of fun. I'm a visual learner by nature and drawing all the structures over and over was actually kind of easy for me. The lab stuff gets kind of boring.... but I had a horrible lab prof.

    r6 how can you be a 2nd year undergrad pharm student. I was under the impression a major was involved before you where accepted into pharm school,unless theres an early entrance program that I don't know about.
    ~ Nothing can kill the Grimace!!


  6. r6samson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Age
    27
    Posts
    69
    Rep Power
    152

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by prld2gr8ns View Post
    Actually I thought organic was kind of fun. I'm a visual learner by nature and drawing all the structures over and over was actually kind of easy for me. The lab stuff gets kind of boring.... but I had a horrible lab prof.

    r6 how can you be a 2nd year undergrad pharm student. I was under the impression a major was involved before you where accepted into pharm school,unless theres an early entrance program that I don't know about.


    Most universites go by a 2-4 program which is 2 years pre-pharmacy and then you have to test and be accepted into the 4 year professional phase. The university I attend has a 0-6 year program that in essence: Once you're in, you're in. In other words, I was accepted into the program and they only accepted 222 in my year and all I have to do is maintain a 2.5GPA and atleast a C avg in each class all 6 years and I graduate with a PharmD (God willing). Make sense?


    JP
  7. Mrs. Gimpy!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Age
    29
    Posts
    1,040
    Rep Power
    630

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by spatch View Post
    I'm taking Organic in the fall. Is it really that scary?
    it sucked for me.... im not an organic whiz like kwyck at all.... organic chemistry is one those classes that its either going to "click" for you or it wont......

    well, i take it back... I truly never studied and got a "B". the thing is, even though I got a "B", i truly did not know what the heck i was doing. my b was technically a "D" but with the curve it was a B bc most of the people in organic chem are failing to some degree...
  8. Mrs. Gimpy!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Age
    29
    Posts
    1,040
    Rep Power
    630

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by r6samson View Post
    Most universites go by a 2-4 program which is 2 years pre-pharmacy and then you have to test and be accepted into the 4 year professional phase. The university I attend has a 0-6 year program that in essence: Once you're in, you're in. In other words, I was accepted into the program and they only accepted 222 in my year and all I have to do is maintain a 2.5GPA and atleast a C avg in each class all 6 years and I graduate with a PharmD (God willing). Make sense?


    JP
    no way..... pharmacology... i just can't take it.... best of luck to you. i heard the the pharmacist program is killer but you really dont fail out of it if you fail one class, if you fail a class you just get put back one semester for graduation.... so that's a relief to know.
  9. prld2gr8ns's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Age
    33
    Posts
    10,500
    Rep Power
    61214

    Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by r6samson View Post
    Most universites go by a 2-4 program which is 2 years pre-pharmacy and then you have to test and be accepted into the 4 year professional phase. The university I attend has a 0-6 year program that in essence: Once you're in, you're in. In other words, I was accepted into the program and they only accepted 222 in my year and all I have to do is maintain a 2.5GPA and atleast a C avg in each class all 6 years and I graduate with a PharmD (God willing). Make sense?


    JP
    Ah, yes know I remember. Must be hanging around the Med centers to much.... I start lumping them all together.
    ~ Nothing can kill the Grimace!!


  10. r6samson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Age
    27
    Posts
    69
    Rep Power
    152

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. Gimpy! View Post
    no way..... pharmacology... i just can't take it.... best of luck to you. i heard the the pharmacist program is killer but you really dont fail out of it if you fail one class, if you fail a class you just get put back one semester for graduation.... so that's a relief to know.



    Thanks, buuuuuuuut I don't intend on "Failing" out of any of my classes and that wouldn't be so hot on GPA that I need to stay in or maintain my scholarship (which is very little, still helps). So whenever I discuss this topic it's always a God willing because if He brings you to it He'll bring you through it kind of deal. Seems I hit it right, but we'll see.


    JP
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Replies: 28
    Last Post: 04-15-2003, 09:43 AM
  2. marks on my arms
    By destro19 in forum General Chat
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 11-17-2002, 03:08 PM
  3. NEED HELP--Getting my T-1 PRO --Thanks Curtogo---
    By PreludeRider in forum Supplements
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-07-2002, 01:06 PM
  4. Replies: 10
    Last Post: 11-04-2002, 12:37 PM
  5. Testing out my 4-AD brew...
    By Lifeguard in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 10-23-2002, 11:29 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in