Morons paid the price

Big Matt

Big Matt

All The Whey Nutrition
Awards
  • Established
Seen this one on a "cops" type show before. What morons tape themselves in the act of commiting a crime? Same ones who think that terrorizing people is funny I guess.

DmitryWI

DmitryWI

I know nothing...
Awards
  • Established
Seen this one on a "cops" type show before. What morons tape themselves in the act of commiting a crime? Same ones who think that terrorizing people is funny I guess.
well, now they'll have 4 years to think about how funny it was. ****ing idiots.

CDB

CDB

Awards
  • Established
Maybe I'm the Devil's advocate here, but four years for pinging some random people with paint balls? They were definitely *******s, and it is a stupid thing to do to say the least, but that seems a bit excessive to me. As long as they didn't take anyone's eye out I probably would have hit them with a year or six months. Get them off the street to think about it definitely. No community service. But four years?

neoborn

neoborn

Awards
  • Established
Maybe I'm the Devil's advocate here, but four years for pinging some random people with paint balls? They were definitely *******s, and it is a stupid thing to do to say the least, but that seems a bit excessive to me. As long as they didn't take anyone's eye out I probably would have hit them with a year or six months. Get them off the street to think about it definitely. No community service. But four years?
You can easily blind people with paint balls. If I aimed my .45 ( that I don't have except in fantasy land ) and shot, but, missed them would it still be attempted murder or should nothing happen because I didn't actually happen I was just "firing in their general direction"?

I also think 4 years is a bit much give em 2 and serve 1 for good behaviour. If they get caught for anything again then load em up for double 4 serve three etc.

DmitryWI

DmitryWI

I know nothing...
Awards
  • Established
I don't think they got 4 years just for that, I'm sure they've done more **** before they got busted.

CDB

CDB

Awards
  • Established
You can easily blind people with paint balls. If I aimed my .45 ( that I don't have except in fantasy land ) and shot, but, missed them would it still be attempted murder or should nothing happen because I didn't actually happen I was just "firing in their general direction"?
No, and I do know how bad paint balls can **** someone up if they're not wearing protection. I'm just saying I think four years seems a bit much to get the message across to these twits.

I also think 4 years is a bit much give em 2 and serve 1 for good behaviour. If they get caught for anything again then load em up for double 4 serve three etc.
That's what I'm thinking. First offense, the taping to me indicates they didn't take it seriously even though they should have, which to me says intent wasn't likely to do damage, just **** with people. Stupid way of doing it that could have lead to a real bad situation. But as long as no one was actually hurt bad I'd say 6 months to a year in jail would likely be enough to scare them straight. 4 years with hardened criminals might not be the best thing for them. Might turn out worse than when they went in.

CDB

CDB

Awards
  • Established
I don't think they got 4 years just for that, I'm sure they've done more **** before they got busted.
Pehaps, and if so the sentence sounds good to me. But if it is a first offense they likely just need to have the **** scared out of them. 6 months will handle that easy.

Ubiquitous

Ubiquitous

Awards
  • Established
Fvck 'em. I'm glad they're doing 4 years. Little b1tches. I have no compassion for people like that. You shouldn't either.

neoborn

neoborn

Awards
  • Established
I agree if first offense, then community service.

CDB

CDB

Awards
  • Established
Fvck 'em. I'm glad they're doing 4 years. Little b1tches. I have no compassion for people like that. You shouldn't either.
Not really a matter of compassion. I just think the punishment should fit the crime and in this case it doesn't seem to fit. And I think when it doesn't you run the risk of the people being punished losing perspective and instead of taking and understanding the punishment, they resent it and so don't learn from it what they need to learn. I mean if a kid gets the same ass kicking from his father for the smallest ****up to the largest, he doesn't learn because he rightfully sees himself as a victim of abuse. Whereas if parents keep punishments proportionate to the screw ups, the kid learns discipline.

Or at least that's what I think and what I'm trying to get at.

ItsHectic

Awards
  • Established
Yea 4 years is a bit much, and the camera man got 2 years?
Even if I was a victim in that I would still think that was a bit harsh, and I can imagine how those people felt.
They had to have previous convictions.

Ubiquitous

Ubiquitous

Awards
  • Established
Not really a matter of compassion. I just think the punishment should fit the crime and in this case it doesn't seem to fit. And I think when it doesn't you run the risk of the people being punished losing perspective and instead of taking and understanding the punishment, they resent it and so don't learn from it what they need to learn. I mean if a kid gets the same ass kicking from his father for the smallest ****up to the largest, he doesn't learn because he rightfully sees himself as a victim of abuse. Whereas if parents keep punishments proportionate to the screw ups, the kid learns discipline.

Or at least that's what I think and what I'm trying to get at.
Well, since you put it that way my thirst for blood has been quelled. :D

Shooting homeless people, and a chick point blank with a paintball gun. That made the fires in my belly stir.

I hate people who prey on the weak. I hate cowards.

yeahright

yeahright

Awards
  • Established
Let's count the crimes contained in this tape:

1) Vehicle damage (possible felony depending upon $ amount of damage);
2) Assault with a deadly weapon upon pedestrian;
3 and 4) Assault with a deadly weapon upon two pedestrians;
5) Assault with a deadly weapon upon pedestrian;
6) Assault with a deadly weapon upon a bicyclist (causing the bicyclist to crash into a parked vehicle);
7) Assault with a deadly weapon upon a second bicyclist (causing him to crash);
8) Assault with a deadly weapon upon a homeless man;
9 and 10) Assault with a deadly weapon upon two pedestrians;
11) Assault with a deadly weapon upon a second homeless man;
12) Since they acted in concert with each other, add a second conspiracy to commit charge to each of the above crimes;
13) In many states, it is either a separate offense or an aggravating factor to commit an assault from a moving vehicle.

Four years was lenient.

Chad

Chad

Banned
Awards
  • Established

6) Assault with a deadly weapon upon a bicyclist (causing the bicyclist to crash into a parked vehicle);
12) Since they acted in concert with each other, add a second conspiracy to commit charge to each of the above crimes;
13) In many states, it is either a separate offense or an aggravating factor to commit an assault from a moving vehicle.

Four years was lenient.
agreed. they were good for nothing little pricks. they prob did a lot of other things off camara. prob even worse. and if they think doing stuff like that is funny then later on they might think rapping a girl would be funny. they got off easy.
sick fcuks

poopypants

poopypants

Banned
Awards
  • Established
i was hoping someone else noticed that yeahright... first thing caught on tape was them smashing out a window.... and thats the ONLY thing we saw them break.... who knows what else was goin on between the clips of them shootin people.... possibly defacing much more property and such. they got exactly what they deserved and might be let out early only serving 1/3 there time... well if their in Ca then thats the case, and prob still have community service.

they werent lenient on those they shot... bicyclists crashing ( that can really hurt as all know) shooting allready down and out bums... these kids are scum and deserve to be with the rest of scum, for 4 years at least.

neoborn

neoborn

Awards
  • Established
If they think doing stuff like that is funny then later on they might think rapping a girl would be funny.
Rapping a girl?
:dance:
Artist: Milli Vanilli
Song: Baby Don'T Forget My Number
Album: All Or Nothing
[" All Or Nothing " CD]

(OKAY EDDIE, THIS ONE'S FOR YOU)

Baby don't be shy
When you're holding my hand
'Cause as time goes by
You got to understand
it's you
(can I dance with you)

Ba ba ba baby in your eyes
I see it so clearly that our love it's so strong
when you never go wrong

(baby)

I got the best for you

so when you're in doubt
babe, believe in someone
Baby call my line
Call me anytime

(baby)

I'll be there for you

you

I've been searching high
high high

I've been searching low

low
low

CHORUS
Ba ba ba ba
Ba ba ba ba
baby

Don't forget my number (ECHO)

(ba's)

Baby (ECHO)
love is stronger than thunder

(Ba's)

baby

Don't forget my number

Love will see you through

(BIG CHORUS)
I've been searching high
I've been searching low

wanna spend my life

with you

Ba's (LOTS OF THEM)

can I dance with you

Ba's (SAME)

Ba ba ba
baby in your eyes
I see it so clearly that our love it's so strong
when you never go wrong

(baby)

I got the best for you

so when you're in doubt
babe, believe in someone

Baby call my line
Call me anytime

(baby)

I'll be there for you
you you
YOU

I've been searching high

hIh high

I've been searching low

low

low

Ba ba ba ba
Ba ba ba ba

baby

Don't forget my number
(BA'S)

Baby

love is stronger than thunder

(Ba's)

baby

Don't forget my number

I've been searching high
I've been searching low

wanna spend my life

with you

Ba's

LOVE WILL SEE YOU THROUGH

(MIX)

BABY CALL ME LINE

B
BAYBY CAL MY LINE

(MIX)
CALL ME ANYTIME
(MIX)

BA'S

BABY
DON'T FORGET MY NUMBER
LOVE WILL SEE YOU THROUGH
(PAUSE)
IS EDDIE OKAY

i DON'T KNOW
:dance:

anabolicrhino

anabolicrhino

Awards
  • Established

Four years was lenient.
agreed, plus an overall summery, that these young men seem to have a blurred sense of what is acceptable behavior in society.

They failed to show any compassion for the victims of their crimes and did not express any remorse.

The video tape was their ticket to a four year sentence.

The four year sentence is mainly a deterrent for other such misadventures into the public sector by people with felonious intent.

It is important to create a precedent that does not express lenience for endangering human life.

They may get out sooner through their own rehabilitation

CDB

CDB

Awards
  • Established
Shooting homeless people, and a chick point blank with a paintball gun. That made the fires in my belly stir.

I hate people who prey on the weak. I hate cowards.
Me too. But a good ass kicking would have been better and more effective than four years I think, and more appropriate. Given it's a first offense that is. Not saying I wouldn't have kicked the **** out of them, just that at a certain point I would have stopped.

CDB

CDB

Awards
  • Established

Four years was lenient.
When did a paintball gun become deadly? Can it hurth like a mother****er and take out an eye? Yes. Likely to be deadly? Maybe if you eat enough of the balls. I did some ****ed up **** when I was a kid too. Didn't shoot anyone, but a lot of drugs and some property damage here and there. All in good fun of course. :ntome: A few good ass kickings got me in shape. Had you thrown me in prison for four years, well I don't know how I would have come out. I'm going on the point that I think they're stupid kids that don't grasp the import of what they did, the pain and damage they caused to others. Granting it's a first offense, it's a biggie and I definitely think jail time is warranted. I guess we just disagree on the severity of the crime in this context and what's necessary to hopefully drive home to these idiots what they did.

If, after driving that home they then **** up, throw the book at them.

spatch

spatch

Awards
  • Established
I wonder what would happen if they shot someone possessing a handgun and they thought they were being shot at with real bullets...

anabolicrhino

anabolicrhino

Awards
  • Established
I wonder what would happen if they shot someone possessing a handgun and they thought they were being shot at with real bullets...
The video would have been much shorter!

yeahright

yeahright

Awards
  • Established
When did a paintball gun become deadly? Can it hurth like a mother****er and take out an eye? Yes. Likely to be deadly?

It depends upon the state statute how "deadly weapon" is actually defined but what is considered a deadly weapon is usually looked at in the context of how it was used and the potential for physical harm.

Here is a typical statute:

"Deadly Weapon is defined as any firearm or other weapon, device, instrument, material or substance, whether animate or inanimate, which in the manner it is used or is intended to be used is known to be capable of producing death or serious bodily injury."

Here, the weapon was indiscriminately fired at people's heads. Using a foreign device to strike at someone's throat or head always has the potential to cause life-threatening injuries. Whether a particular device (under the circumstances it was used) qualifies as a deadly weapon would be a question for a jury. Can a paintball gun take out an eye if fired into the eye? If so, then it qualifies as a deadly weapon under the above cited statute.

In this case, the shots at the bicyclists in particular had great potential harm for life-threating injuries in that both bicyclists crashed aggravating the possible range of injuries from the criminal conduct.

poopypants

poopypants

Banned
Awards
  • Established
and it doesnt take a big fall on a bike to rupture a spleen or cause other serious injuries....