Gym Tools! Figuratively speaking

Chicken

Chicken

Awards
I just need to get this off my chest.

I dont know how many of you can relate to this, but it really ate me up tonight. I could be just blowing out of porportion too.

Tonight during my training I was waiting on machine to open up. There are two machines for this specific isolation excersize. Now one was being used by a team of three who always train together. These guys are monsters and train very hard as they make themselves heard throughout the gym and possibly down the street. Ok I can deal with this alpha male syndrome thing they have going on. But what got to me was the other machine was being used by a guy who is also a monster of size but not noisy whatsoever. He finished his workout and left. I proceeded to move to that machine but all of a sudden it was absorbed into the gorilla crews workout. These machines are right next to each other by the way. Needless to say I had the option of warming up as a work in. How polite, letting me work in my warm up with 800lbs of 45lb plates on it. The guy who absorbed the machine got a little short tempered with me cause I asked if he minded if I pulled off a couple plates. Long story short I skipped that excersize tonight because the important guys needed it more then I.

Rivet

Rivet

Awards
  • Established
. I proceeded to move to that machine but all of a sudden it was absorbed into the gorilla crews workout. These machines are right next to each other by the way. Needless to say I had the option of warming up as a work in. How polite, letting me work in my warm up with 800lbs of 45lb plates on it. The guy who absorbed the machine got a little short tempered with me cause I asked if he minded if I pulled off a couple plates. Long story short I skipped that excersize tonight because the important guys needed it more then I.
Wow at my gym even people who are BB pro's if they work in with you they will usually take the plates off for you. And if there is 3 people well then they can have one person per side taking plates off.

gotripped

gotripped

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Wow at my gym even people who are BB pro's if they work in with you they will usually take the plates off for you. And if there is 3 people well then they can have one person per side taking plates off.
"Big Fish, Little Pond" I heard jay cutler was an ******* to most people, but who knows? Anyways, I am pretty chilled when I am working out and when someone wants to work in with me it's no big deal to take off a few plates. I will even help them. People are just *******s and think they are better when in actuality their attitude makes them unworthy of any respect.

You get more bees with honey.

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
It's just the way some people are... you get a few of those at any gym. For the most part though, some are usually very respectful about it(myself included) and don't have a problem with people working in. At the most I usual tell the person I only have one or two sets left and then it's all theirs. Even let them know when I'm finished.

tattoopierced1

there are a few of those guys at my gym, albeit without the physiques. Sunday we were getting ready to go to the incline bench and some douche jumped in ahead of us. Was no big deal until he started talking on his cell bragging to some chick that he was in the gym while clanging some 10lbers around. I had to yell "lightweight" ala Coleman style to make sure she heard it. Then he proceeded to use the squat rack to do curls with a 45lb bar and a 25lber on each side. My motto is, unless you are curling 225lbs, gtfo of the squat rack.

ShakesAllDay

ShakesAllDay

Awards
  • Established
Yeah... the good 'ol gym-douches.

I pride myself on being polite, courteous, and having good manners, especially when you could run through a brick wall w/ the intensity you are at while working out. This shows discipline on many levels.

I'm not huge, but I am bigger than 90% of the people that workout at my gym (small town). I'm 26. It always seems the younger they are, the more attitude they have. Especially around 17-20 year olds... they are the worst. Running around in the barely-there tank tops and flip-flops, ogling their HYOOGE NO Xplode bicep pumps in the mirror the whole time, dropping/throwing DBs, letting weight stacks crash down after EVERY set. I'm surprised the stacks at my gym aren't busted yet... they have to be indestructible w/ the amount of doucheness laid into them.

Once people get to 22+, it seems some of that high school captain of the football team mentality wears off (or gets put in check one way or another). Of course, you get the Uncle Ricos in the gym... the 30+ who act (and wish) they were 18.

So, yeah, I feel ya. Some people just think they are more important than they really are. Dust in the wind, meng.

:afro:

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I walk straight in the gym and piss on all the equiment so they know what is mine and not to touch. Then I sway back and forth and grunt loudly if someone approaches me for a work-in.

tattoopierced1

I walk straight in the gym and piss on all the equiment so they know what is mine and not to touch. Then I sway back and forth and grunt loudly if someone approaches me for a work-in.
you alpha male you!

Chad

Chad

Banned
Awards
  • Established
WOW! ME TOO!!!!!!

gotripped

gotripped

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I strut around and boastfully display my bright and colorful feathers and puff myself up to attract the best female suitor.

Have a go at this ferrel creature! The Male Gym Bird...

CDB

CDB

Awards
  • Established
:cheers:

Why be coy, you know? Gym problems are why I work out at home these days. You think the exercise room is bad, try paying close to 100 a month for a great racquetball based gym, but finding out two months into a one year contract that the desk staff are too incompetent to reserve the right day and time for you. They solved that problem though. They got rid of most reservation times and made the whole place challenge hours almost all day. Who the hell wants to play a game at 10 ****ing PM?

Chicken

Chicken

Awards
Yeah those guys are pretty young, the oldest of them looks to be 25ish, the youngest/biggest probably 20ish. I dont remember being such an a**wipe but Im sure I was, so it could just be karma comming back.
Either way I like the idea of pissing on the gym equiptment and making myself heard at the same time. It seems to gain some status at this Golds Gym.

ITHURTZ

ITHURTZ

Awards
  • Established
I may make some noise. If people are dropping weights like they are a mack truck I yell out LIGHT WEIGHT DONT DROP IT. I also yell FORM SUCKS, or DONT LET THE SPOTTER LIFT YOUR WEIGHT. I say everything I dont care. I let people work in IF there isnt a **** load of people. Sometimes my buddies join me and that could end up with 4-5 people. I frankly dont wanna wait 5 min between sets. But if they do workout with me, I push there ass and dont allow that cell phone crap talk or staying the same weight for 4 sets!