Anyone taken a real IQ test?

ItsHectic

Awards
  • Established
Was wondering how accurate these online IQ tests are, I know a proper IQ test is ment to be taken by a psychologist or psychiatrist, Does anyone know of anyone whos compared there real result with there online one?

jomi822

jomi822

Banned
Awards
  • Established
ive taken an online and psychiatrist issued IQ test.

i scored much lower on the online version, though i was also 10 years younger when i took the psychiatrist issued version.

ItsHectic

Awards
  • Established
I think IQ would slowly decline with age, I remember getting 135 afew years ago which put me alil below genius but since then I have done my fair share of drugs so was wondering how much they cooked my brain, seems not much cause I just got 131 but I am not convinced of these online results, which is why I asked, atleast now I have something to put in my resume to make up for the 2 years of being unemployed lol.

edit:
The Standard Deviation of our test is currently 14.889
The test is not intended for professional use. The test is offered for personal entertainment purposes.

yeahright

yeahright

Awards
  • Established
Yes. I score lower or higher with the online tests. The real one got me into mensa however.

As to your resume, I'm not sure listing your IQ will help. You need to come up with a good explanation for the gap in your resume (school, taking care of sick relative, world travel, volunteer work, etc.). If you just laid around getting high and playing X-Box, you're going to have to set your job goals a little lower and prove yourself.

what to do about gaps in resume - Google Search