Looking different in mirrors

Patuba

Awards
  • Established
I have kind of a weird problem. In my mirror at home I don't look like I'm very muscular or have decent size. When I look at myself in my sister's bathroom mirror and my mother's bathroom mirror I look much better.

I've tried taking a picture of myself with my digital camera and I appear more muscular than when I look into my bathroom mirror but not as good as my sister's and mother's mirrors. Does anyone else have this problem or am I the only one sick enough to take his shirt off and look at himself in different mirrors? :)

NPursuit

Awards
  • Established
LOL! I think a lot of people notice that.

I look at myself every chance I get it's hard not to with this face and body. j/k =)

mcQ

Awards
I'd submit the variation is caused by differences in lighting - instensity and postition of the "source" can make a world of difference. Especially for large girls in dimly lit bars... :D

TheCSWFighter

Awards
maybe its the lighting in the room. Because i look shitty in my bathroom mirror. Descent in my mirror and good in my window downstairs when its dark out and i have light in the room on. I've noticed the lighting in the room makes a big difference

shadow_manifest

Awards
I think it is the way mirrors are made.look at fun house mirrors a little bend or an uneven back of one can change the way we look. some mirrors could have minor inperfections. I don't look that big in my mirrors but the gym's mirror I look bigger.

NPursuit

Awards
  • Established
Originally posted by mcQ
I'd submit the variation is caused by differences in lighting - instensity and postition of the "source" can make a world of difference. Especially for large girls in dimly lit bars... :D

LOL! right!  You know if a fat girl finds a mirror she looks good in that mirror is going with her!

wardog

Awards
  • Established
I agree, it is all about the lighting. I have a few mirrors in my house I just LOVE..lol!

max silver

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
It's definitely the lighting coming into play. I've noticed that I look smooth and smallish in my dimly lit basement suite when I check myself out in the mirror. For a nice ego boost, go check yourself out in the mirror of a well-lit department store fitting room. The first time I tried something on in the mirror at the Bay it was a wonderful experience.

sage

sage

Awards
  • Established
i found this thread absolutly hilarious. not cuz i thought it was a dumb question but b/c i know exactly what you all talking about. we actually have one corner at our gym where all the dudes go over to, just cuz its lighting makes even "Johnny No Muscles" look like some kind of hero.
Sage