Need some advice. - AnabolicMinds.com

Need some advice.

1. New Member

Need some advice.

Here is the deal. I have been training for a little bit over a year. I was unemployed for a while (all the energy companys in Houston laid everyone off) and now i am working 2 jobs about 12 hours a day at each job. Which has really hurt my training. I miss a lot of days at the gym and my diet is not as good as it should be.
    If all goes well, I will be able to quit 1 of the jobs in 2 months.

Should I just take a break from the gym or keep working? If I keep working out I will only be able to get 6 hours of sleep and I have been told that when bulking if you dont sleep 8 hours you would be doing more damage then good. But I also don't want to miss any more time in the gym and I really want to start a 1-test cycle and bulk up a bit before summer.

2. Banned

Thats a tough situation man. Taking a week or 10 days off wont hurt you too bad, Its better to take time off than attempt to go in the gym tired and fatigued, it will only raise the risk for injury. The only advice I can say is, do what you can man. Once you quit one of those jobs, take it more seriously, but until them eat as often as possible, even if it means sacrificing and having some fast food. Training- keep it simple in the gym, go there do what youve gotta do and get out, stick to heavy, compound movements and to hell with the fancy things. Sleep is a tough issue to, take naps during the day if you can, 6 hours isnt ALL that bad, granted 8 is prefered. Just make sure you're taking in a casein containing substance before you go to bed and best of luck man.
  3. Senior Member

Big OH Yeah to what YJ said. I would try to eat clean and spend what little time I could in the gym on High Volume Compound Excercises. You will still grow with 6 hours of sleep bro.
    •   

4. Advanced Member

i only get 5 hrs a night if im lucky the rest i get from napping.........
    like there saying keep the diet clean and rest as much as possible and do stick with the heavy compounds.......
  5. New Member
    Stats
    5'6"  230 lbs.

Originally posted by spoofy
    Here is the deal. I have been training for a little bit over a year. I was unemployed for a while (all the energy companys in Houston laid everyone off) and now i am working 2 jobs about 12 hours a day at each job. Which has really hurt my training. I miss a lot of days at the gym and my diet is not as good as it should be.
    If all goes well, I will be able to quit 1 of the jobs in 2 months.

Should I just take a break from the gym or keep working? If I keep working out I will only be able to get 6 hours of sleep and I have been told that when bulking if you dont sleep 8 hours you would be doing more damage then good. But I also don't want to miss any more time in the gym and I really want to start a 1-test cycle and bulk up a bit before summer.
    When I am very busy I try to do a Least 20 minutes a day three times a week. Or when I want to hit hard one body part for day for 30 minutes. That works for me.
  6. Advanced Member

I think sleep is highly overrated. I have slept no more than 6 hours a night for most of my life, and I think my body is doing just fine. I have never needed a lot of sleep

I agree with others..higher volume compund excersizes should keep you okay for the time being
  7. New Member
    Stats
    5'6"  230 lbs.

Originally posted by wardog
    I think sleep is highly overrated. I have slept no more than 6 hours a night for most of my life, and I think my body is doing just fine. I have never needed a lot of sleep

I agree with others..higher volume compund excersizes should keep you okay for the time being
    If you can go sleep right away it should be fine at least 6 hours this with no interrupted sleep, as you know most us of cannot achieve that, so, you have to strugle in those 8 hours to get some rest, but you body needs the rest for a least 8 hours for growth to occur, now like me I do not make a living as bodybuilding (at least yet) we have to do what we have to do to keep living. Now that makes me wonder Ronnie Coleman, which is a Police Officer and I know the he probably work 10 hours shift. And this guy is huge as hell, well is all about what you use and other methods to get there.

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-24-2004, 04:27 PM
  2. First time using PH's...need some advice?
    By Novi in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 12-05-2003, 10:33 PM
  3. Need some advice.
    By canadaguy in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-05-2003, 07:38 PM
  4. First Time Fina Cycle, need some advice
    By decagear in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 04-21-2003, 07:06 PM
  5. Need some advice from you gurus.