Arnold in politics-whats does this mean for us?

DieTrying

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Don't know if anybody has heard, but Arnold is considering running for governor of California. I was just curious what everybody thinks about this? I wonder where he stands on andro/steriods issues. Is this a good or bad thing for bodybuilders?

windwords7

Awards
  • Established
As Governor, if elected, will have no say in the passage of laws at a Federal level. He could of course influence thoughts on the issue and ask for votes to go a certain way but in the end, it will do little.

Biggs

Awards
  • Established
Arnold eats, breathes, and shits charisma... I hope he makes up his mind and decides to do it, he's awesome.

jminis

jminis

Awards
  • Established
After all he is married into the kennedy family. I'm sure he'd have plenty of support from the big wigs. I just saw a program about him and I found some of his jobs interesting. He was a successful real estate tycoon. He made his first million that way. He also started a brick laying company with Columbo. Imagine them two coming to build your house:eek: late J

ex_banana-eater

Awards
  • Established
I was watching CNN and they were implying that he is like super-liberal.

RaulJimenez

Awards
  • Established
Arnold is considered by many one of the best investors and handlers of money in the celebrity and media... he has a brain of his own .

CROWLER

CROWLER

Anabolic Innovations Owner
Awards
  • Established

I'm still confused on the Conservatives and Liberal thing. Someone care to explain the difference.
All you need to know is liberals are bad. :D

bigpetefox

bigpetefox

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Originally posted by CROWLER

...And conservatives don't have sex.. :D

I hate both groups, just get someone in there who doesn't wanna rip us off, will ya!

jweave23

Awards
  • Established
Originally posted by CROWLER

I'll let that one slide for now ya bastard!!

:D

goldylight

***** Vampire
Awards
  • Established
I was watching CNN and they were implying that he is like super-liberal.
Arnold is a Republican who was appointed by Bush Senior as chairman of the president's council on physical fitness and sports, and is well liked
by the present Bush administration. i think that would rule him out as being ultra liberal...

elijah_123

Awards
Also consider the stage that sets for further advance. He is married into the Kennedy family and going from famous actor to governor of California is exactly the path that Ronald Regan took.

ex_banana-eater

Awards
  • Established

Arnold is a Republican who was appointed by Bush Senior as chairman of the president's council on physical fitness and sports, and is well liked
by the present Bush administration. i think that would rule him out as being ultra liberal...
Schwarzenegger was a major financial and vocal supporter of Prop 49,
the successful (and very un-Republican) initiative to require the
state to set aside money for after-school programs.

MadChild

Awards
I remember reading that they wanted Arnold to stay away from a few Republican gatherings because he attracts too much attention and takes away from whatever they were gathered to do, which isn't bad. I think you'll get all the regular Republican voters, but then you'll get the people who don't know much about politics as well as the fans who will vote for him.

I also think he has a lot of dirt in his past to hide though. He's come out and told about his steroids, so they can't use that card on him but I've read other articles. There was a time during the filming of Termanator 1 where he reached up a female producer's blouse or something and grabbed her boob. When she tried taking it to the press and complaining, Arnold's "people" shut her down and so the issue stayed quiet.

During campaigns they dig up anything and everything on you. During the 1993 Clinton campaign, the Republicans were offering one million dollars to the person who could find a picture of Bill Clinton burning an American flag in an anti-Vietnam war protest. They have searched far and wide and have confirmed that such a picture does not exist.

Another problem is having a Republican move into a Democratic stronghold. They don't call it the "left-coast" for nothing. But with the recall campaign against the current governor, even if it doesn't succeed, I think there might be damage done to the Democrat's reputation in the state.

Then there's the issue of Condaleeza Rice, doesn't she want to run for governor? If she does, it will be a good argument to say that she's the "serious" and experienced and educated one while Arnold is all charisma, which isn't neccessarily the case, it's just what could be argued.

I'd like to see Arnie become governor of California. It would certainly spice things up a bit just like Jesse Ventura did for Minnesota. But I don't think it will be an easy road.

Just my two Canadian cents

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
As a California resident I would want Arnold just because he knows how to handle money unlike dumb ass Gay Davis. I don't care what politicians did in their past (unless it's a bad crime such as rape murder etc.) as long as they can be good politicians. I'd vote for Arnold in a heart beat

Ibanez

Awards
Like MadChild said, I'm sure some people who aren't up on politics will vote for Arnold because they are fans.

Yeah, arnold was smart with his money and invested in real estate.

Dynomyte001

Awards
I was watching on a HBO interview recently I think It was Real Sports... Arnold told this guy what was up....

The Interviewer said "I know you have been invovled with steroids in your bodybuilding days, what is your stance on them?"

Arnold: "They don't make you win the contest, they give you that extra 5 or 10%, you still have to work your ass off, lifting and eating, also you have to use them, to level the playing fields."

Interviewer: "Well, to a normal guy like me I hate that these baseball palyers are using preformance enhancing drugs. 20 years ago you'd never seen a physique like they have today!"

Arnold: "Like I said before... it gives you that 5%... they don't do the work for you."

The Interviewer later on went to ask about him running for govenor and Arnold said Yes I am. But I'll discuss what I'll be doing when time is right.

___

I'd love to have Arnold for Govenor, he IS smart, a great business man. But you know people could dig up a lot of dirt on him, he has mistreated women before and has been invovled in steroids and rec. drugs.

But if he does get elected... that could mean possible legal or less restrictions on steroids and legal weed!

Biggs

Awards
  • Established

But you know people could dig up a lot of dirt on him, he has mistreated women before and has been invovled in steroids and rec. drugs.
never stops any other rich white fellow from obtaining a high ranked political office position ;)

I personally feel he brings much more to the table in terms of variety in experience and personal relations... will be interesting to see what happens.