Alec Baldwin hates his daughter

Big Matt

Big Matt

All The Whey Nutrition
Awards
  • Established
Beat me too it!

But here is the next chapter of the story!

Alec Baldwin Explains Himself on the Web

Apr 20, 5:59 PM (ET)

By SANDY COHEN

LOS ANGELES (AP) - As Alec Baldwin's angry words to his daughter were being broadcast around the world, the 49-year-old actor explained himself Friday on his Web site.

"Although I have been told by numerous people not to worry too much, as all parents lose their patience with their kids, I am most saddened that this was released to the media because of what it does to a child," he wrote. "I'm sorry, as everyone who knows me is aware, for losing my temper with my child. I have been driven to the edge by parental alienation for many years now. You have to go through this to understand. (Although I hope you never do.) I am sorry for what happened. But I am equally sorry that a court order was violated, which had deliberately been put under seal in this case."

A voicemail Baldwin left for his 11-year-old daughter, in which he can be heard calling her "a rude, thoughtless little pig," was published Thursday by celebrity news site TMZ.com.

Baldwin and his ex-wife, Kim Basinger, have been engaged in bitter custody disputes over their daughter, Ireland, since the couple divorced in 2002.

"In such public cases, your opponents attempt to take a picture of you on your worst day and insist that this is who you are as a person," Baldwin wrote. "Outside the doors of divorce court, I have friends, I have respect from people I work with and I have a normal relationship with my daughter. All of that is threatened whenever one enters a court room."

Meanwhile, Baldwin's attorney, Vicki Greene, said she filed a Superior Court order Friday "to determine how the tape got leaked and to determine whether actions should be taken against Kim Basinger, or her attorneys, or Harvey Levin (who runs TMZ.com) and anybody else associated with the leaking of the tape and the violation of the court orders to keep the proceedings closed."

In a letter Greene sent to Levin Thursday included in the court order, the attorney said she called Levin at 12:30 p.m. that day after learning he intended to go public with the tape.

"I cautioned you against taking any action, especially when what you disclosed to me could only have been obtained from an improper source, was sealed by the Court and should not be in your possession, let alone disclosed to the public," she said in the letter.

Levin told The Associated Press on Friday that he obtained the tape legally.

"I'm not going to talk about sources. I'm not going to say who we obtained it from," he said. "We obtained this legally. We discussed it, and felt it was an important story, and published it. If she disagrees, that's her opinion."

Greene told TV's "The Insider" that "anyone involved in this case should want to protect Ireland, so whatever happened was either intentional, reckless or negligent."

The matter is set for a hearing June 5, Greene said.

Basinger's attorney, Neal Hersh, weighed in on the family saga Friday on TMZ.com.

"I am concerned that Mr. Baldwin's recent statement, wherein he attempts to shift responsibility to Kim and her lawyers for his issues with Ireland, shows just how out of touch he is with the reality and gravity of the situation," Hersh said.

Basinger's spokeswoman had no comment Friday.

festus

festus

Awards
Wow. I knew that Baldwin was a nut, but wow! I don't know exactly what he's going through, so maybe I shouldn't judge. But, I can't imagine ever talking to my daughter this way, even if she was being a brat.

bigstabile

bigstabile

Awards
  • Established
I think it has gotten to the point with his custody battle that he's just at his wits end. Put yourself in his shoes. He works on a major television show and he probably has to STOP production because if he wants to talk to his daughter he has to call exactly at 10:00, not a minute later (or else he becomes a dead beat in court) and she stiffs him. Now, nobody here is on a TV show but imagine you have to stop a huge meeting or something because this is the only time you are allowed to speak to your child and he or she just stiffs you. And from what I understand this isn't the first time something like this has happened. I think this was more out of frustration and anger at Kim Bassinger more then his daughter.

What I think is worse is the fact that a private phone message to his daughter gets all over the news and the internet. I realize that celebrities forfeit some/most of their privacy, but come on. I mean it is one thing for pictures of them at the grocery store to pop up in the rags but nobody diserves this level of invasion.

anabolicrhino

anabolicrhino

Awards
  • Established
I

What I think is worse is the fact that a private phone message to his daughter gets all over the news and the internet. I realize that celebrities forfeit some/most of their privacy, but come on. I mean it is one thing for pictures of them at the grocery store to pop up in the rags but nobody diserves this level of invasion.
I would guess that either Kim Basinger(mom) or the daughter herself uploaded it or asked someone to do it for them!

here's to happier times!
MIENFOKS: ALEX BALDWIN & HIS THOUGHTLESS LITTLE PIG

Sunder

Sunder

Awards
  • Established
My favorite part is this quote they keep on using: "a rude, thoughtless little pig", lol.

C'mon - give me a frakken break. Is this actually newsworthy stuff? I'd be pretty rich if I got $100 for everytime my parents said this or something like it to me. This doesn't make Alec look bad to me, it just makes the media and the general hypocritical population look bad.

Is he the only parent that has ever called his kid "rude"? How about "thoughtless"? Huh? I know I've been called a "pig" many, many times as a kid. Can I sue my parents now for verbal assault?

A lot of kids ARE RUDE. They are much more ruder now in the day of "never say the word 'no', never raise your voice, and never spank", then they were 20-30 years ago when kids were taught respect.
They have to be told this, so they learn. It's not like youth crime is on a decrease - where do you think it starts?
Can kids be thoughtless? Yes! All the time. Pigs? What? Is it wrong because she's a girl or something? When I belched at the dinner table, I was told not to be a rude pig. My parents must be uncaring, and insensitive a$$holes.

If that phone message was the worst thing that the parents ever did to their kids - then I would say those kids are lucky! She has it pretty darn good compared to most of the kids I've seen. She has no idea what real family problems are.

Of course, all this isn't her fault. It's the stupid media and the ppl that crave such a farce of drama. I'd love to have a secret video camera on those people when they think they're alone and just found out their drunk son ran their car through the garage door, killing their cat and almost injuring their baby in the process, all while finding out your daughter is 3 months pregnant, and is still abusing drugs.

If they even use the word "thoughtless" - let's stone them to death. Blah! Get off the friggen bandwagon and use some common sense I say.

bigstabile

bigstabile

Awards
  • Established
My favorite part is this quote they keep on using: "a rude, thoughtless little pig", lol.

C'mon - give me a frakken break. Is this actually newsworthy stuff? I'd be pretty rich if I got $100 for everytime my parents said this or something like it to me. This doesn't make Alec look bad to me, it just makes the media and the general hypocritical population look bad.

Is he the only parent that has ever called his kid "rude"? How about "thoughtless"? Huh? I know I've been called a "pig" many, many times as a kid. Can I sue my parents now for verbal assault?

A lot of kids ARE RUDE. They are much more ruder now in the day of "never say the word 'no', never raise your voice, and never spank", then they were 20-30 years ago when kids were taught respect.
They have to be told this, so they learn. It's not like youth crime is on a decrease - where do you think it starts?
Can kids be thoughtless? Yes! All the time. Pigs? What? Is it wrong because she's a girl or something? When I belched at the dinner table, I was told not to be a rude pig. My parents must be uncaring, and insensitive a$$holes.

If that phone message was the worst thing that the parents ever did to their kids - then I would say those kids are lucky! She has it pretty darn good compared to most of the kids I've seen. She has no idea what real family problems are.

Of course, all this isn't her fault. It's the stupid media and the ppl that crave such a farce of drama. I'd love to have a secret video camera on those people when they think they're alone and just found out their drunk son ran their car through the garage door, killing their cat and almost injuring their baby in the process, all while finding out your daughter is 3 months pregnant, and is still abusing drugs.

If they even use the word "thoughtless" - let's stone them to death. Blah! Get off the friggen bandwagon and use some common sense I say.
:goodpost:

brass monkey

brass monkey

Awards
  • Established
Nah Alec is a crazier than the village idiot. He has been involved in a personal battle with Neil Bortz for a while. He comes on air and begins to rant and rave and lose control and make personal attacks one after another in a simple political debate. I have no respect for this chump, and glad to see him go down in flames.

L

Lightning

Awards
What person in his right mind talks to a child like that.This self absorbed moron doesn't know whether his own child is 11 or 12 years old. My personal favorite is " You have insulted me for the last time." Welcome to parenthood a-hole.

The funniest thing about this is that he tells his kid that she doesnt have brains, yet leaves this diatribe on the answering machine so his ex can have it.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Alchemist11 Anabolics 281