Small, yapper-type dogs

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I am a fan of big, useless dogs. The kind that sleep in the bed with their head on your pillows. The bigger and dumber, the better for me. I have a friend that has a pitbull and an Arkansas giant bulldog (who weighs over 110 and is named Twinkle) and we let them play with my dogs (boxer/mastiff mix and a chow/German shepard mix).

Now, my GF used to have a pug...and a really hyper one at that. I have realized that I cannot stand those little bastards; for some reason, they bug the hell out of me. Plus, most of them are really ugly and deformed to the point where I want to kick it. Unfortunately, she wants to get another one and I am trying to convince her not to get one because I cannot stand to be around these damn creatures.

Anyone else have a similar situation to this, where there GF has/wants a pet that you cannot stand? I guess you could say that I have dog prejudice, which is weird because I am a dog person (or at least a big dog person).

DAdams91982

DAdams91982

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I feel ya on the small dogs. They arent even in the "Dog" category to me. They are annoying, cant wrestle with them, their bark pisses me off, and they look fruity as hell in a purse. Im a Big Golden Retriever, Germany Sheppard type person. If the dog cant bring a grown man to the ground while wrestling around, I just dont care to much for them.

Adams

PumpingIron

Awards
  • Established
my ex had a cocker...annoying as hell...

dogs like that are more of a cat...and i hate cats...

my golden retriever liked it though, when she was a puppy, she was still bigger than that thing and used to man handle it.

my dog is awesome...

tattoopierced1

i have dobermans and a pug, the pug acts like a big dog though after growing up with the other dogs. He's just as rough as the bigger dogs.

thats terrible rodja that you want to kick the dog, i truly hope you were joking.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
i have dobermans and a pug, the pug acts like a big dog though after growing up with the other dogs. He's just as rough as the bigger dogs.

thats terrible rodja that you want to kick the dog, i truly hope you were joking.
Not hers, but there are some that are just plain ugly. She tried to play with my dogs, but her play bark thing sounded like she was being hurt or trampled, so my dogs didn't know what to do.

CRUNCH

CRUNCH

Awards
  • Established
I'm definitely a fan of bigger dogs. My parents used to raise and show AKC german shepherds, had as many as 30 at one time when I was growing up. They're down to only two at the moment. Those little dogs drive me insane too. They can try to act waaaay to tough, like it's small-mans (dogs) syndrom and they need to beat up everybody bigger than them.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Wtf!!!???

I am not making this up BTW, but I was trying to be a good Samaritan today when I was coming back home and I saw two pugs walking alone down the street (what are the odds??). I parked my car to pick them up and call the number on their collar to get a hold of their owner and let them know the situation. I got the first one, but the other one was a little skittish and he ran in the street during a very busy hour. So, I chase after it to get it away from the street and I catch up to it outside of an apt. I go to pick him up and look at the collar and he bites me in the face.

Now, he ran to his owners apt and all she heard and saw was him screaming and me pulling his neck away. She proceeds to yell at me for hurting her dog, even though I probably saved their lives and I am bleeding from my face. I handed off the other one to my GF and she was waiting a couple of buildings away. Not once did she thank me for getting them (her excuse was that she lets them roam all the time w/o her) off of one of the busiest roads in town or offer to pay for my medical bills.

Now, I have to go back to the doctor and see if I have to withdraw from my fight. Seriously, if I have to withdraw, I am going to make her pay for my expenses and training.

tattoopierced1

i applaud you rodja.... even though the good deed went unappreciated by the owner.

skull

skull

Awards
  • Established
Big dog guy here --2 rotie pitbull mixes---my wife has 2 cats ,when she goes shopping.I let the dogs go after the cats--maybe one day soon they will get them .

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
i applaud you rodja.... even though the good deed went unappreciated by the owner.
I realized that I am not going to do any more good deeds on April 20th. This year I got bit in the face and last year my car was totaled in a hail storm while I was covering a shift for a friend at work.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Big dog guy here --2 rotie pitbull mixes---my wife has 2 cats ,when she goes shopping.I let the dogs go after the cats--maybe one day soon they will get them .
The irony is that I love cats. I think it is because they are naturally *******s and I am one too, so we get along well. Both of my dogs like cats as well and they have lived with them for a while now.

Jstrong20

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
If the dog bit me I would of kicked a feild goal with it.lol

bigstabile

bigstabile

Awards
  • Established
Now this is the thread for me!

My neighbors on both sides have those little fluffy yappers, and they leave them outside all day (probably because of all the yapping). So when ever I take my dog (a boxer) outside we get bombarded on both sides. One of these days Rudy is going over the fence...

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
If the dog bit me I would of kicked a feild goal with it.lol
I would have too, but I was shocked that the little bastard bit me and then the owner yelled at me. The dog is very lucky that the owner came out or it me not be alive right now.

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
That sucks, Rodja. I hope your fight still happens. Sit back and watch some free MMA tonight to take your mind off it.

My GF loves pugs and pomeranians. Neither of are at the stage of getting a dog yet since we're still in school. My family has always had German Shepherds and I plan on getting one when I'm older. German Shermans are the perfect mesomorphs of the canine world.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
That sucks, Rodja. I hope your fight still happens. Sit back and watch some free MMA tonight to take your mind off it.

My GF loves pugs and pomeranians. Neither of are at the stage of getting a dog yet since we're still in school. My family has always had German Shepherds and I plan on getting one when I'm older. German Shermans are the perfect mesomorphs of the canine world.
My female is a chow/GS mix and she is awesome. I know that if I was being attacked, then she would get into the mix.

I went to my BJJ school to chat with them and everyone said I "was morally and legally obligated to kick the dog in the face." Especially since I had to get a damn tetanus shot and my right ams can only move to about 30 degrees.

300Fan

Awards
I actually purchased a maltipoo. Shes only 8 pounds now (1 month old), and she is great! I have always had big dogs but, with the gf, we decided to go the smaller route. Anyways, one of the best decisions ive made. She is already potty trained, she loves to play and has energy ALL the time.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I actually purchased a maltipoo. Shes only 8 pounds now (1 month old), and she is great! I have always had big dogs but, with the gf, we decided to go the smaller route. Anyways, one of the best decisions ive made. She is already potty trained, she loves to play and has energy ALL the time.
I just feel like I am going to break little dogs. Guess I am just used to being able to GnP my dogs and it not bothering them.

Lightning

Awards
I have had dogs and cats my whole live and consider myself an animal lover. But an ex had a chihuahua that was so annoying that it took every fiber of my being to not throw it into oncoming traffic.