Need Advice on Drug Test

klugman

klugman

Awards
  • Established
I might be applying for a new job.

They have a drug test and background check.

I'm not worried about the background check at all.

I am worried about the hair test because I smoked a joint for the first time in over 3 years.

I know nothing about hair based drug tests so if anybody has first hand experiences or info I'd appreciate it.

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I might be applying for a new job.

They have a drug test and background check.

I'm not worried about the background check at all.

I am worried about the hair test because I smoked a joint for the first time in over 3 years.

I know nothing about hair based drug tests so if anybody has first hand experiences or info I'd appreciate it.
How much of that joint did you smoke?

I smoked weed once in my life (Never again, my lungs don't agree with the chronic). Had a hair test taken 6 months later. Passed it.

klugman

klugman

Awards
  • Established
It was one joint and I smoke about half of it.

I didn't really get that high either. I figured I'd get really wasted after abstaining for over 3 years and drinking a glass of wine but I just got pretty buzzed.

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
It was one joint and I smoke about half of it.

I didn't really get that high either. I figured I'd get really wasted after abstaining for over 3 years and drinking a glass of wine but I just got pretty buzzed.
If you're really concerned, shave your bodyhair so that they'll have to take it from your head. I got it my hair test sample off the scalp. Head hair has a greater chance of passing (or so I would imagine). Provided you didn't smoke that much in the first place, and it's been 3 years, I would imagine any THC metabolites still present in your hair are sooo minute, that they wouldn't show up in the test results.

klugman

klugman

Awards
  • Established
If you're really concerned, shave your bodyhair so that they'll have to take it from your head. I got it my hair test sample off the scalp. Head hair has a greater chance of passing (or so I would imagine). Provided you didn't smoke that much in the first place, and it's been 3 years, I would imagine any THC metabolites still present in your hair are sooo minute, that they wouldn't show up in the test results.
I'm a hairy dude so that's no small task...:ntome:

I can't imagine it would be too bad from half a weak-ass joint either.

Chad

Chad

Banned
Awards
  • Established
wow i didnt know that they can make people take hair tests. are these like top secret jobs or something?

klugman

klugman

Awards
  • Established
wow i didnt know that they can make people take hair tests. are these like top secret jobs or something?
It's a state contract so they require the test.

I talked to my brother earlier tonight and he said more companies are moving to hair tests because piss tests are so easy to beat.

Chad

Chad

Banned
Awards
  • Established
It's a state contract so they require the test.

I talked to my brother earlier tonight and he said more companies are moving to hair tests because piss tests are so easy to beat.
that sucks!! i dont smoke any more and haven`t for awhile but i`ve smoked WAY more than half a joint in my day

klugman

klugman

Awards
  • Established
I would have smoked more if I could have gotten it. We just wound up having only one joint laying around...

funny how stuff works out.

dlew308

dlew308

Awards
  • Established
i heard pot stays in the system for a month....which includes hair, try googe :)

tattoopierced1

if you are really worried..order a kit online that has shampoo to strip your hair of anything they might find. Never used them before, but most have a money back guarantee, so take that for what its worth. I've read something online on how strip your hair without one of those kits, so you might want to do a google search.