How do you get rehired after you leave on bad terms????

Chad

Chad

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I used to work for a very big wireless company about 3 years ago. I was very good at my job and loved doing it right up until the last few months i worked there. I was having issues at home and a new manager that was giving me $hit daliy. Anyways i ended up throwing my ID card on the table and quiting over a very dumb reason and i wish everyday that i hadn`t. I still have some friends that work there and they are doing very well for themselfs. OK so how could i get hired by them again? from what my friends tell me there was a big over haul on the upper managment back there and they dont think anyone would remember me. I was thinking about not saying i was a ex employee so i could skip the 20 questions about why i walked out like a retard. I hear that most companies will only hold on to old records like that for up to 2 years. ture? ideas?

glg

glg

Awards
  • Established
Don't ignore the question. Just think of a neutral (PC) worded response. Otherwise you are falsefying the application and when they check (and they probably will) you are hosed.

But beyond that go ahead and apply...the worst they can do is say no....

Pfunk47

Pfunk47

Pop-Lock champion of 84'
Awards
  • Established
usually it's 5 years they hold on to them - some 7yrs. It's best not to lie about it - you where not "fired" you "chose to leave" unless you where written up for the "flipping out" and disciplined they should have no record of that. With the old boss gone - they will only hear your side of the story on it I suppose, obviously not putting that guy as your old boss/reference and have some of your friends who are good employees or have ties with the HR/interviewer put a good word in for you. If the story is how you say they should understand - middle management is some of the biggest waste/drain in a company.

Chad

Chad

Banned
Awards
  • Established
usually it's 5 years they hold on to them - some 7yrs. It's best not to lie about it - you where not "fired" you "chose to leave" unless you where written up for the "flipping out" and disciplined they should have no record of that. With the old boss gone - they will only hear your side of the story on it I suppose, obviously not putting that guy as your old boss/reference and have some of your friends who are good employees or have ties with the HR/interviewer put a good word in for you. If the story is how you say they should understand - middle management is some of the biggest waste/drain in a company.
ok i`ll try it that way. i dont think what i did was too out of line when i quit. i was just openly upset and walked out in a dramatic way. i was only going to lie about working there before so i could go back in with a clean slate.

glg

glg

Awards
  • Established
ok i`ll try it that way. i dont think what i did was too out of line when i quit. i was just openly upset and walked out in a dramatic way. i was only going to lie about working there before so i could go back in with a clean slate.
Some companies will roll over your time after a probationary period and add the old years to your seriority/retirement credit.

dlew308

dlew308

Awards
  • Established
Yea you should be ok to be rehired esp since you have friends still working there. They're probably more likely to hire you since you worked there before, I've seen people leave and come back without any issues as long as security/police wasn't involved ;)

DAdams91982

DAdams91982

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Get the CEO's daughter pregnant!!!

Adams

Ribo68

Ribo68

Awards
Tell them that at that particular time in your life you were on some very powerful prescription meds. :fool2: