Anyone else sick of hearing about Barry Bonds?

Chad

Chad

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I dont really care if he is or was on steroids. he is a good player. I`m really sick of hearing retarts on sports shows talk about this home run record and if it should count when he hits 756. why the hell woulndnt it count? do grammies count if the rapper was high the whole time he wrote the song? do people say Jimmie Hendrix was a cheater cause he was on like 20 hits of Acid when he would play the guitar better that anyone? NO!!! Just because you are on steroids dose NOT mean that you just take a shot and the next day you wake up all jacked. you have to put the work in just like everyone else.

dlew308

dlew308

Awards
  • Established
Yes, I never liked him b4 the scandal. Go Angels :)

CNizz

CNizz

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
i thinks its ridiculously overblown, taking steroids doesnt make him any more skilled, it just throws a little more power in there, its not like it turns him into a ball hitting robot, he definitely has skill with or without the boost

spatch

spatch

Awards
  • Established
As far as I know (I could be wrong here) he took THG and HGH. Neither of those were banned when he took them...

Chad

Chad

Banned
Awards
  • Established
i thinks its ridiculously overblown, taking steroids doesnt make him any more skilled, it just throws a little more power in there, its not like it turns him into a ball hitting robot, he definitely has skill with or without the boost
very true

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
I dont really care if he is or was on steroids. he is a good player. I`m really sick of hearing retarts on sports shows talk about this home run record and if it should count when he hits 756. why the hell woulndnt it count? do grammies count if the rapper was high the whole time he wrote the song? do people say Jimmie Hendrix was a cheater cause he was on like 20 hits of Acid when he would play the guitar better that anyone? NO!!! Just because you are on steroids dose NOT mean that you just take a shot and the next day you wake up all jacked. you have to put the work in just like everyone else.
There's no proof, just speculation. If there is full proof that he used steroids then yes there should be an astericks next to the record. Steroids increases performance, thats why he used them, if he did. I'm not sure about your examples, does acid help you play guitar better?

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
There's no proof, just speculation. If there is full proof that he used steroids then yes there should be an astericks next to the record. Steroids increases performance, thats why he used them, if he did. I'm not sure about your examples, does acid help you play guitar better?
I disagree on the asterisk issue. The pitchers can also be on juice. There are lots of others on juice yet they haven't accomplished what Bonds has accomplished. You could also put an asterisk next to the Babe because he didn't play agains the top competition of his era but we're not about to do that because it's not fair to the athletes who still showcased their talent. The Babe was also a smoker and drinker (allegedly), I'd rather have my son be a healthy juicer than a guy who smokes and drinks.