Bowlers: Rollin Dirty

Alpine

Alpine

Awards
  • Established
Area bowlers busted for illegal steroids
After a record number of perfect 300 games, Michigan officials got suspicious. HALF of the 50 bowlers they tested were positive for steroids.

SAULT STE. MARIE - It was just a matter of time before the nationwide steroid scandal hit home for Sault Ste. Marie residents, but most people probably thought it would be a football issue.

As it turns out steroids are all over the alleys - the bowling alleys, that is.

A state record number of 300 games at the DonDee Lanes over the past few years has apparently grabbed the attention of bowling's governing body, the United States Bowling Congress (USBC).

“Bowling a 300 game is a very difficult feat and it's not something that should be happening every single year,” said USBC representative Doug Donaldson. “The number of perfect games being rolled in that alley certainly demands a certain amount of attention.”

The attention it got though was not the kind the DonDee was hoping for. A small task force from the USBC showed up on one of the alley's many league nights recently and demanded that a number of bowlers take a drug test using the usually reliable urine sample.

sooeveningnews.com

When will the mainstream public realize just how many athletes (D1 and up) are taking some form of steroid?
"You want the truth? You cant handle the truth!" :toofunny:
Then, when will they accept the fact that elite competitors are willing to take extraordinary measures to be the best?

I, for one, enjoy seeing players bounce home runs off good year blimps. We pay top dollar to see the absolute highest level of competition. Dont criticize them for taking measures to ensure that the bar continues to be raised over and over. Performance enhancing drugs were in pro sports long before steroids. Its the nature of the beast.

FREE BARRY!

CNizz

CNizz

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
all im saying is they need to add more pins and go from 300 to 10,000 for a perfect game, I'll turn my head if anyone can bowl a 10,000

Alpine

Alpine

Awards
  • Established
all im saying is they need to add more pins and go from 300 to 10,000 for a perfect game, I'll turn my head if anyone can bowl a 10,000
They should increase the ball weight by 100lbs.

attn: Otomix - Bowling shoes needed. STAT

dlew308

dlew308

Awards
  • Established
What's the heaviest ball they can use? I haven't bowled in a league is ages. I always used the heaviest ball, it makes such manly sound knocking down pins :)

CNizz

CNizz

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
i can throw a mean ball in Wii Sports, if Nintendo starts regulating for steroids the world is doomed

rysigpi

rysigpi

Awards
  • Established
That has to be an April Fools joke. I have bowled at those lanes and there has not been that many 300's there. Being an avid bowler myself and having competed on the college tour, I can tell you strength has little to do with being a good bowler. Shoot, our number one bowler at our school...all amercian in fact, was about 5'6" and 120 pounds. Must be the juice!! :head:

Alpine

Alpine

Awards
  • Established
That has to be an April Fools joke. I have bowled at those lanes and there has not been that many 300's there. Being an avid bowler myself and having competed on the college tour, I can tell you strength has little to do with being a good bowler. Shoot, our number one bowler at our school...all amercian in fact, was about 5'6" and 120 pounds. Must be the juice!! :head:
Uh oh, we have a winner! :thumbsup:

Here is your prize: :pizza:

This is indeed an April Fool's story. I'm surprised it took this long for someone to say something. It was posted yesterday and at the end of the article you have "The final statement about the local bowlers and steroid abuse story is - April Fools!"

Sorry, I couldn't help myself. The stuff about how many pro athletes are on is true though. :D

CNizz

CNizz

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
fooled me, didnt even think to check the date since i didnt read it until the 2nd! Alpine > all

DmitryWI

DmitryWI

I know nothing...
Awards
  • Established
Haha, I didn't read it till today, I already forgot about april fool's. :)