Choices...choices...which motorcycle to buy

tattoopierced1

I am torn between the new Honda CBR1000RR and the Suzuki GSXR1000. Need some bros who have had experience with either or and give up some pluses and minuses on both. I've owned Honda's before and had little problems with them, but never have owned a GSXR...

macedaddy

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I ONLY buy HONDA - I loved EVERY one of my CBRs! :thumbsup:

Ziricote

Ziricote

Awards
  • Established
Are we talking 2007 models? I've been reading a lot of good stuff about the GSXR.

Beau

Beau

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
What sized bikes have you ridden in the past? I know your question wasn't one of displacement, but a frequent mistake is to buy too much bike for the experience level.

I'm not saying that applies here - but both bikes can haul serious "A".

mmowry

mmowry

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I cant seem to understand WHY anyone would ride something that makes their head the first point of impact. :D

Sorry Im a cruiser myself.Good luck on your decision.

diminuendo

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Unless you are extremely aggressive, and ride it to the max, you will be hard pressed to find the performance differences. That said I am a Honda guy.

Blesum

Blesum

Maestro
Awards
Having owned both, I'll chime in. Let's assume we're talking about '05 or newer.

It really depends on YOU, the rider.

Regular riding around, occassional track day, some posing, etc? Get the CBR. Easier to ride fast and more user-friendly. Honda also has a good reputation for build quality and user-friendliness.

Can't ever get enough power? Find yourself with the throttle twisted all the way to the stop all the time? Track days several times a year, or club-level racing regularly? Wheelie merchant? Get the GSXR.

I have owned more CBR's than GSXRs, but my current ride is a older GSXR 1000 with a turbo system. Two thumbs up.

Looks nearly stock too...

I oftentimes leave a wake of confused squids behind me. :icon_lol:

-Blesum

tattoopierced1

my last bike was a 600 and it was too small (frame wise) for me, hence getting the 1000. I'm not getting crazy on them, as I have a family, my younger days I might have, but definatly not now, I am getting the bigger bike more for fitting my frame. I am really leaning toward the GSXR, I really love the orange and black color, plus the Honda sales guy was a ****.

macedaddy

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
if you are tall, than the HONDA is for you! the GSXR usually fit smaller guys better! have you tried the kawasaki? they are amking a come back, too!

BUT I LOVE HONDA!

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Having owned both, I'll chime in. Let's assume we're talking about '05 or newer.

It really depends on YOU, the rider.

Regular riding around, occassional track day, some posing, etc? Get the CBR. Easier to ride fast and more user-friendly. Honda also has a good reputation for build quality and user-friendliness.

Can't ever get enough power? Find yourself with the throttle twisted all the way to the stop all the time? Track days several times a year, or club-level racing regularly? Wheelie merchant? Get the GSXR.

I have owned more CBR's than GSXRs, but my current ride is a older GSXR 1000 with a turbo system. Two thumbs up.

Looks nearly stock too...

I oftentimes leave a wake of confused squids behind me. :icon_lol:

-Blesum
where the pics go?

I always wanted a GSXR but Ive owned Honda cars and they are very well engineered and probably easy to take care of and keep longer.

get the GSXR! lol.

Ziricote

Ziricote

Awards
  • Established
Hell if it's for your height go for a Busa!

Blesum

Blesum

Maestro
Awards
Pics show up fine for me. Do they not show up for you guys?

-Blesum

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
If you're just upping size because of the frame then you're not in a position to outride either model. Sit on both and if possible take them for a test spin. Get the one that looks and feels best to you. I'm an R1 guy :)

tattoopierced1

not a fan of Yamaha...a few of my buddies have had them and both of them had clutch problems with them.

I'm pretty sure I have my mind made up now, and am 98% sure I am going with the GSXR1000... It is comfortable to my frame and I really like the look of it over the Honda. I am a previous Honda owner, and know they make a solid product, but they both fit me about the same, I just like the color and paint on the GSXR better at this point.

Ziricote

Ziricote

Awards
  • Established
Quick hijack while this thread is around - Any thoughts on the old (~96)Kawasaki ZX-7R?