who else carries a spring assisted work knife?

Jstrong20

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I picked up a kershaw scallion the other day as a new work knife and these things are sweet. The blade sticks out the back when its closed so when you push it it pops open and then a spring snaps it open like a switchblade. I recommend then to anybody that uses a knife alot. I'm not sure about legallity in other areas but in Pa you can get them at wal-mart.

dlew308

dlew308

Awards
  • Established
Doesn't sound like it'd be legal in kali. My emerson flies open pretty fast & ez.

CNizz

CNizz

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
if you can get them at walmart thats legal enough for me!

quitman

Awards
if you can get them at walmart thats legal enough for me!
Just because you can buy them at Wal-mart doesn't make it legal, for example BB guns may be legal in your state but illegal localy. In New York, the knife would be considered an instrament of crime and if caught with it you'd be in a lot of legal trouble. IMO having a spring loaded knife isn't worth the risk, I mean how lazy you gotta be you can't open a knife?

Jstrong20

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Well when I work 12hr days 6 days every week I'll take anything I can to make my job easier. I checked my state and local laws and it is legal for me to carry in my state and both counties I work in. I've heard NY is strict so its possible that its not legall their.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I used to carry a sweet Fairbairn-Applegate folder...damn cops.