Cerebral Palsy (CP)

djbombsquad

djbombsquad

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Any one know what kind of supplements are good for this supplement wise.

I was thinking fish oil vitamins and lecithin.

Much help is appriciated.

This is for a friend of mine.

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
I would look into the supps you mentioned in addition to krill oil and piracetam.

djbombsquad

djbombsquad

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
There is no way to re build the brain right? Only make what the brain has stronger.

She repeats her self all the time and I want to work on that and it is due to the brain damage but I think if we make the brain stronger we can work on it.

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
The brain can be rebuilt to some small degree but it takes years and constant work to "excercise" those pathways and retrain them. Nuerons and dendrites are slow to regenerate, but they can if there are no circulatory or scar tissue issues.

Also look into acetyl-L-carnitine-Arginate and Lithium Orotate.

djbombsquad

djbombsquad

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Cool. The person is on high protein high fiber diet as well with a multiple. They have lost pounds and inches which was amazing since she is not able to work out since she is in a wheel chair. Thanks for the information. If any one else would like to chime in that would be great.

djbombsquad

djbombsquad

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I do not trust life extention. They do not have published stuides on there products. I can't take the risk with the lady I am living with. I have to make sure the product she takes has published studys to show its safe and its efficacy. My life is on the line and I can't take any chance she will kill me haha.

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
Well they do write articles with plenty of research summaries and footnotes on conditions and what sorts of supplements/vitamins/herbs can be used. I personally do not buy their stuff as it is too expensive, but I often refer to the information on their site as it seems to be written with a fair amount of objectivity despite the fact they sell many of the same compounds.

You may also try doing searches on CP on PubMed to see what treatments are currently being tested...there are often articles concerning supplements.

djbombsquad

djbombsquad

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Thanks. I do not want to sound like a jerk but I personally spoke to the reps from them at a health convention and I was not inpressed and The Doc I work with told me things about them which made me think are there articles really good or is it just to push there products.

TheUnlikelyToad

TheUnlikelyToad

Awards
  • Established
Thanks. I do not want to sound like a jerk but I personally spoke to the reps from them at a health convention and I was not inpressed and The Doc I work with told me things about them which made me think are there articles really good or is it just to push there products.
I strongly suggest you give LEF a second chance. One of my good friends, Shawn Wells CSO at MAN Sports will most likely be taking a position there in tha near future. Shawn is a Clinical Dietician and on a short list of those I trust in this industry. He has helped me a great deal in some of my own deficits.

I've personally not seen much benefit from ALCAR as a standalone (dosing up to 2 grams), in fact for whatever reason it tends to initially make me tired upon ingestion. I've been curious to try other forms.