Who works in the medical profession?

motiv8er

motiv8er

Awards
  • Established
Just out of curiosity, how many people work in the medical community and what do you do?

dlew308

dlew308

Awards
  • Established
Used to...in IT. Talk about a waste of patient's $$$$ and all the patients they kill :(

My wife's a dietitian

motiv8er

motiv8er

Awards
  • Established
Medical sales.....8 years. Why do you ask?
Long story short, I am looking to have an additional degree/ plan for my BFA, possibly in the medical field. Somewhere between paramedic and BS in PA.

What do you sell?

motiv8er

motiv8er

Awards
  • Established
wife is an LPN and is getting her RN now.
Seriously, how often do you think she has to clean up human poo and stuff? I ask because nursing is a GREAT field to go into, I just cant imagine me having fun, wiping 80 year old azz!

tattoopierced1

Seriously, how often do you think she has to clean up human poo and stuff? I ask because nursing is a GREAT field to go into, I just cant imagine me having fun, wiping 80 year old azz!
you dont have to do that much when your a nurse...its the aides that have to do that...

Mrs. Gimpy!

Mrs. Gimpy!

Awards
  • Established
Long story short, I am looking to have an additional degree/ plan for my BFA, possibly in the medical field. Somewhere between paramedic and BS in PA.

What do you sell?

PA all the way. the pay is great, hours are great... I seriously considered being a pa before i chose to go and be an RDH. paramedics= bad hours, not so good of pay...etc....

jonny21

jonny21

Awards
  • Established
RD LDN, work as CNM.

BS in PA? I thought they were changing that to a Master's degree program. You did mean Physician Assistant?

I wish I could afford to go back to school & not work full-time. I would definitely look into becoming a PA for a Dermatologist; they are the best paid, don't work weekends, and typically put in <8hrs/day.

Innings Eater

Innings Eater

Awards
I sold pharmaceuticals for 6 years. I now deal with surgeons in both hospitals and ambulatory surgical centers. From what I see, CRNA's make good cash, work under an M.D., and really enjoy their line of work. Otherwise, Medical/Surgical sales is definately a lucrative avenue. Adding to your education is always a great idea if you have the opportunity.

CRNA= Nurse Anesthesist spelling?

Last edited:
TripDog

TripDog

Bananas
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I once put a band-aid on someone who had a cut once.Thats kinda like working in healthcare...:D

TripDog

TripDog

Bananas
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
hahahahahah he said poo...:lol:

Chad

Chad

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I was a lifeguard. It was the best job ever. getting paiid to get tan and go swimming.
id love to be a nurse someday. good pay and you get to help people.

Innings Eater

Innings Eater

Awards
I was a lifeguard. It was the best job ever. getting paiid to get tan and go swimming.
I second the sentiment about lifeguarding. Best job I've ever had. There were two guys and six girls on our pool's staff. I can't say the same for nursing.....I'm married to a nurse.

motiv8er

motiv8er

Awards
  • Established
I sold pharmaceuticals for 6 years. I now deal with surgeons in both hospitals and ambulatory surgical centers. From what I see, CRNA's make good cash, work under an M.D., and really enjoy their line of work. Otherwise, Medical/Surgical sales is definately a lucrative avenue. Adding to your education is always a great idea if you have the opportunity.

CRNA= Nurse Anesthesist spelling?
What regions do you cover? My dad is a surgy here in SC. Also, how did you get started? DO you sell the packages of medical gear needed for say a hip replacement?

motiv8er

motiv8er

Awards
  • Established
If there was a way to combine being a nurse-life-gaurd..... hum.

motiv8er

motiv8er

Awards
  • Established
PA all the way. the pay is great, hours are great... I seriously considered being a pa before i chose to go and be an RDH. paramedics= bad hours, not so good of pay...etc....
Sorry, RDH? Registered dental hygenist? Reg Dietician helper?? hehe, I have to be honest and say I dont know. How many more years of study for your slave, er hubby. :)

spatch

spatch

Awards
  • Established
In school to be a nurse anesthetist. Thats right, a male nurse. :thumbsup:

Mrs. Gimpy!

Mrs. Gimpy!

Awards
  • Established
In school to be a nurse anesthetist. Thats right, a male nurse. :thumbsup:

thats great! good for you! PAs in my eyes is a better profession ONLY IF you are not willing to go farther in your education. I truly believe that nursing is an amazing career ONLY if you further your education ( as you are spatch ). lvns and rns..... they honestly dont seem like the happiest bunch but when you move up in nursing like a CRNA, nurse practictioner, nurse anesthesiologist, etc.... it is awesome.

RDH= registered dental hygienist :) i'd be a horrible "regular dietician helpler" just ask kwyck

my poor hubby has at least 7 more years..... thats sounds crazy to me.... my one year and 2 months sounds bad.... i can imagine having that much longer to go....

spatch

spatch

Awards
  • Established
thats great! good for you! PAs in my eyes is a better profession ONLY IF you are not willing to go farther in your education. I truly believe that nursing is an amazing career ONLY if you further your education ( as you are spatch ). lvns and rns..... they honestly dont seem like the happiest bunch but when you move up in nursing like a CRNA, nurse practictioner, nurse anesthesiologist, etc.... it is awesome.

RDH= registered dental hygienist :) i'd be a horrible "regular dietician helpler" just ask kwyck

my poor hubby has at least 7 more years..... thats sounds crazy to me.... my one year and 2 months sounds bad.... i can imagine having that much longer to go....
The program is only 5 years of actual "school." The final year is pure clinical in most schools.

Note- I'm PLANNING on being a CRNA. I have to get my RN first. My goal is to get into USC, but I'm sure i'll get in somewhere. I'll have 2 degrees and i've got a 3.3 so far.

Innings Eater

Innings Eater

Awards
What regions do you cover? My dad is a surgy here in SC. Also, how did you get started? DO you sell the packages of medical gear needed for say a hip replacement?

motiv8er.....I left you a pm re: this post. Hope it helps somewhat. Best of luck in your quest.

motiv8er

motiv8er

Awards
  • Established

papa G

Awards
Getting ready to graduate from RN school. I think I'll try to go further later on. But for now I'm going to enjoy the $ that I was not making before! Even though I'm a faithful husband, DAMN there are SOOO many hot chicks!!

mss07

Awards
I am a Nurses aide, going to EMT school right this summer, and am in my last leg of undergrad before i go to PA school. I also will graduate with a Dietetics degree.