Philly weather & traffic are Phu**ed today!

Big Matt

Big Matt

All The Whey Nutrition
Awards
  • Established
Philly weather & traffic are Phu**ed today!

My normal commute to ATW, even on the worst day of traffic on the Schuylkill Expressway can take me an hour.

Today, we had what will hopefully be the last winter blast of the season, but it is all mix: sleet, ice, snow, freezing rain...all layered on top of each other.....the airport shut down, route 476 was shut down, everything was all F'd up......and it took me 2 hours!

I knew that the Schuylkill Expressway was the 6th level of hell to begin with.....but the devil had the 7th level waiting for us for a day like today. Anyone else in the Philly area? How was your day? A you can tell.....mine was F'ing great.....and I still have the commute home tonight!

Did I mention that it was almost 80 degrees two days ago? WTF happened to spring? That Groundhog lied to us!

poopypants

poopypants

Banned
Awards
  • Established
haha its 92 here in so cal right now....:smite:

jonny21

jonny21

Awards
  • Established
It took me 90 minutes to travel <15 miles from Ben Franklin Bridge to 70E

Big Matt

Big Matt

All The Whey Nutrition
Awards
  • Established
Did I mention that on a good day I can make the trip in 25 - 30 minutes?

mmowry

mmowry

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Big Matt I lived outside of Philly for awhile and worked in Philly and the only good thing that I can recall from those days were the cheese steaks I would get from the sidewalk venders.

Myself Ive sat for 2hrs to get from Conshey to the toll booth in a standard none the less.I feel your pain !

I also got caught in the March storm in 2001 and it took 2+hrs to get from Lansdale (I think) to RT 30 which is like less than 5miles!