Sick after doing so well...

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Hey guys I am sick now. Its only been two days but it happened all of a sudden. I've only been sick for 2 days but it hit me like a Mac truck. Gas, headache, fever, really bad cough, so much so that I can taste blood from coughing so hard. I went to the doctor yesterday and they gave me Azithromycin. I have to take 1 a day for 5 days. When I went to the pharmacy I could only get 3 because the insurance company will only pay for 3 at a time for some reason. I have to go get a refill of 2 pills in 2 days. Anway, it just sucks because I had been tightening up my diet, started running 5 days a week, and now I can't do anything. Plus its extremely difficult to eat and I'm so weak its hard to even get up to take a shower. I'd like to know what other people do when they get this sick, as far as do you stay on your diet?. Exercise, well, thats just not gonna happen the way I feel..Supplements, maybe I'll still take my multi, thats if I even remember.

motiv8er

motiv8er

Awards
  • Established
When you are down in the crapper like that, just try to stay hydrated and eat as healthy as your situation will allow. Being sicks sucks... trust me. Rest and listen to your body.

RedwolfWV

RedwolfWV

Awards
  • Established
Get well quickly. My son just had something like that. Hit him out of no where. Good news is, it only lasted 2 days for him.

dlew308

dlew308

Awards
  • Established
I'm suffer at home as well. Came down with the runs one night, then the flu came the next day. At least it happened on the week I was gonna take off from working out so hard for 6 weeks. I've lost a whole 3lbs on the flu diet ;)

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I've been able to keep calories up somewhat drinking DS Sustain. Its extremely hard to eat when you are this sick, but add a scoop of DS sustain to some low-carb milk, a little bit of light cream(not really a good idea, but since I'm sick I figure what the hell?).About 3 Tbsp is fine in 8 oz of low carb milk. Anyway this helps.

dlew308

dlew308

Awards
  • Established
hmm tasty, luckily mine's been greem =/
Maybe avoid dairy products, they made the phelgm worse for me

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
feeling a little better

Well I am feeling a little bit better now. I'm not sure if I should go to back to the gym or start running again at this point though. I am still sniffiling and coughing like I smoke 2 packs a day. The difference is I cough less often. Still feeling drained of energy. Believe it or not I'm kinda worried about the carb/sugar content in my cough medicine...I just hate being sick. It just seems to me that whenever I start to peak as far as diet and training, something happens to cut me down....

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Your guilty of the cough medicine nutritional concerns to huh. I remember thinking,"Hmmmm, how many carbs is in Robotussin." LOL. Seriously though T, if your energy is still down, I'd say give it another day of two. Putting your body under the stress of exercise to soon would only makes things harder in the long run.

ItsHectic

Awards
  • Established
I had something simular was over NYE too which sucked but not as bad, I would go back to a more balanced carb protein and fat ratio.
Also if you are running a low grade fever I wouldnt try reduce it, lots of water and oranges. But it sounds like ur better now, you might have a dry cough for another month or so, its nothing, as long as your not coughing up coloured mucous give it another couple weeks and slowly get back into your routine.

motiv8er

motiv8er

Awards
  • Established
Remember this, I like doing LOW intensity cardio once I think I am half vertical. I dont feel like digging up the articles, but low int. exercise when you are recovering can be very stimulating for your recovery. Just wait until you are rather sure 1) You wont spread your disease 2) You wont drop dead. :)

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Thanks for all the support guys. I still have not been back to the gym or back out for a run. I do like low-intensity cardio, however I had just started up again. I really didn't do much if anything until lately. I used to do hiit style cardio, but to tell you the truth I'd rather train myself to run. I always wanted to do more endurance training. So basically I went from little to no cardio, to running 5 days a week, with 2 days off. On my second day off is when I got sick. I think it may have been just my body fighting back. I don't really know much about running at all...I used to run a lot in high school, I just did it. Now that I'm old man though its not that easy!. I just know that when I do it I feel pretty damn good. I think I might like it better than lifting!....I wanna get back out there, but don't want to short-circuit my recovery!...Sometimes I just do things like forest!..."I felt like runnin, so I ran".

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Another Update

For some reason I just can't shake this cold. I still am coughing pretty intensely. I seriously sound like I'm dying when I cough its so bad. Still have the sniffles too, and my stomach has been bothering me. Its also been hard to eat that much at all. I don't know whats going on and why I don't get better. I want to get back to exercising, but I'm just too sick still. This stupid cold is making weak and fat!.

dlew308

dlew308

Awards
  • Established
How long have you had the cold and stomach issues? Stomach problems should last a week and the cold/flu could take 2 weeks. I'm still hacking up green stuff from time to time. I've had it almost 2 weeks now.

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
How long have you had the cold and stomach issues? Stomach problems should last a week and the cold/flu could take 2 weeks. I'm still hacking up green stuff from time to time. I've had it almost 2 weeks now.

Well since last Tuesday(march 6th), but I figured that the anti-biotic would clear it up much faster...

dlew308

dlew308

Awards
  • Established
antibiotics won't help with a cold or flu. Do you have a bacterial infection? I can see why your stomach is ailing.

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
antibiotics won't help with a cold or flu. Do you have a bacterial infection? I can see why your stomach is ailing.
Well the doctor didn't really tell me much, just gave a prescription for an antibotic and said to call if I wasn't feeling any better. I don't know if I should or not yet though, because I'm just sick of being sick and like you said it will probally last a bit longer. Its just that I've only gotten slightly better, the fever went away, but thats about it. I still have no energy and my appetite is lacking. Also I still have diarhea(stomach issues). I can hardly get out of bed in the morning..Since I have been sick I have been through 3 bottles of Tylenol Cough and Sore Throat, 1.5 boxes of sucrects, and a box of psedoephedrine.

dlew308

dlew308

Awards
  • Established
How many antibiotics do you have left to take?

dlew308

dlew308

Awards
  • Established
If you still feel worse, I'd go back to the doc. They can give you meds for the diarrhea or may tell you to try immodium AD. Good luck!

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
If you still feel worse, I'd go back to the doc. They can give you meds for the diarrhea or may tell you to try immodium AD. Good luck!
Thanks a lot. I may make another apointment if I'm not any better by monday. I don't get sick that often, but when I do it just seems to linger.

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
My Cough & Cold Stack

120 mg Pseudoephedrine HCL 120 (Extended Release)
Sucrets Complete
Tylenol Cough & Sore Throat(Daytime)
Mucinex DM

The Suphedrine works really well. I puchased a new pack today as my former pack wasn't Extended Release and I ran out. Anyway, it does make me feel much better. I kinda want to go back to the gym tommorow. I want to try my Axis Labs Smash sample!. Do you guys think I should go back tommorow?. I mean I can take the Suphedrine and Axis Labs Smash pre-workout, but I don't know if I would be hurting myself by really just fooling my body into "thinking" its better....The supedrine does make feel better but its only because of it temporarily stoping my symptoms.

motiv8er

motiv8er

Awards
  • Established
I am not a doctor ,although I have been playing one for over 25 years. I think at this point, it is up to you. You have been sick and healing for a good amount of time. Listen to your body, watch your bp with the ephedrines on board, and just have fun. It is not the day to prove anything in the gym, showing up says enough to you, and quite possibly your cold will get the memo too. :)

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I am not a doctor ,although I have been playing one for over 25 years. I think at this point, it is up to you. You have been sick and healing for a good amount of time. Listen to your body, watch your bp with the ephedrines on board, and just have fun. It is not the day to prove anything in the gym, showing up says enough to you, and quite possibly your cold will get the memo too. :)

Yep. Well I worked out on Monday and didn't take anything pre-workout besides my Smash sample. My workout wasn't too great to say the least. Maybe I should have waited to try the sample. I am still coughing today but not as much, probally due to the ephedrine and mucinex dm though...I think I may wait before starting cardio up again.