Silly, silly Pakistanis

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
LAHORE, Pakistan -- An annual kite festival Sunday in eastern Pakistan has left at least 11 people dead.

Officials said two died after their throats were cut by metal kite strings. Kite flyers often use string made of wire or coated with ground glass to try to cut the strings of rivals or damage other kites.

The festival is also often marked with celebratory gunshots fired into the air. Five people died after being hit by stray bullets.

Two people were electrocuted when they tried to untangle kites from overhead power cables.

Two others fell from roofs. One was a boy chasing a stray kite. Another was a woman trying to stop her son from going after a kite.

Police arrested more than 700 people during this year's festival for using sharpened kite strings or firing guns. Officials said they also seized more than 280 illegally held weapons.

Wow. The dedication, the skill, the PASSION...It makes me hot just thinking about it.

CNizz

CNizz

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Holy crap man thats social darwinism at its finest, i want to say I empathize with the families but really, it would have happened sometime

ItsHectic

Awards
  • Established
I Wanna Go Next Year I Wanna Go Next Year!!!! Please Can We!!!!

ItsHectic

Awards
  • Established
I will bring the piano wire and beer, you bring the guns.
Then we will ground the bullets and shoot the beer bottles.

CNizz

CNizz

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
***disclaimer***
These geniuses only HAPPEN to be Pakistani, the same sarcasm applies to all razor-kite flying roof falling off of peoples of the world