Spider-Man 3

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I am looking forward to it, but I know that the story will be raped horribly. Hell, I already know from the previews that the story is not accurate.

It is the curse of all Marvel movies - the stories are changed for entertainment at the expense of the actual fans. Stan Lee has not put his name on the past couple of Marvel movies (e.g. Ghost Rider, X-Men 2&3, etc.) because the stories are not true to the comics.

CNizz

CNizz

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I can understand where they are coming from, since they do have to cater to fans and the general public, so hopefully they found a good compromise that will include enough of the original origin of Venom (though compacted) to keep with the pace of the movie while satisfying hard core fans

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
They already messed that up last movie because the symbiont wasn't shown at the ship.

rippedforce63

Awards
  • Established
This "was" the movie that I had been waiting for this year, was being the operative word. [nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vf44wth4KeY"]YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.[/nomedia]

"Tonight we dine in hell"

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
"A thousand arrows will blot out the sun."
"Then we shall fight in the shade."
Love that saying in 300

As for spidey, I'm looking forward to it. Story rape or not, it's got Venom(my all time fav villian) in it so I'm there. Sucks that spidey's black suit is way off from the comic as it was a cool looking out fit, but hey I'll still check it out. Who votes for Carrot Top to play Cletus Kasady/Carnage in Spidey four.:icon_lol:

CNizz

CNizz

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Im all in on carrot top, hes got the look, im hoping they branch off into a Venom spinoff but i guess we'll have to wait and see

Mr.50

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Why does the Symbiote wind up on Earth anyway if Spidy does not go away on the Secret Wars trip via Beyonder transport?

Mr.50

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Could take the cartoon route, in which John Jameson takes a trip in a space shuttle doing his astronout thing and comes back with the symbiote.

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Im all in on carrot top, hes got the look, im hoping they branch off into a Venom spinoff but i guess we'll have to wait and see
That would be an awesome spinoff. I use to love the Lethal Defender mini comics he had.

jonny21

jonny21

Awards
  • Established
Why does the Symbiote wind up on Earth anyway if Spidy does not go away on the Secret Wars trip via Beyonder transport?

Mr.50
my error

Last edited:

Mr.50

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Ah good point. That seems most likely.

Mr.50

Could take the cartoon route, in which John Jameson takes a trip in a space shuttle doing his astronout thing and comes back with the symbiote.

CNizz

CNizz

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I think the cartoon route will be the quickest and easiest way to go about it, plus they arleady introduced Jameson's son in the previous installment