Where should i go in New York??

• Thread starter Australian made
  • Start date
Australian made

Australian made

Awards
  • Established
Ok yankees i need some tips. I'm heading to New York for four days in April so i want to make the most of it. Can anyone tell me the best things to go and see while i'm there. Besides the Statue of Liberty and the Empire state i wouldn't have a clue what's there. And this question includes night clubs! i'm there over the wkend so i want to sample the local talent :head:

Unfortunately the Knicks and the Yankees are playing away that wkend so i can't get to any games. Does NY have a hockey team?

I haven't even got the hotel booked yet. Kind of a spare of the moment thing since the flights were dirt cheap.

any help much appreciated.

Australian made

Australian made

Awards
  • Established
Actually i can't go to crazy as i'm travelling with a female friend but she's a good party animal. A good night club that's open late and plays house music....preferably the funky kind :dance:

Or even just some late night bars with decent music and a bit of a dance floor. i mention late night cos London is notorious for dying in the a$$ around mid night and i hate that! It doesn't have to be anything special, id just like to know the name of a few places so on fri/sat night we can just jump in a cab and know where we're going.

Cheers Larry

toughchick401

toughchick401

Awards
  • Established
Clubs that I remember from when i lived in ny, limelight, webster hall, like 8 clubs in one, my fonest memory was dancing on stage and than on the top of the building...might be to cold for that, my personal fav, seaport, the view is amazing, soho, chinatown, all cool places....I know it's touristy but to this day I love jekyll and hyde (spelling)..... have fun

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I don't know. I'm born and raised in Brooklyn living now in Arizona for quite a long time.

I just saw Summer of Sam again last night. Those were my days in the neighborhood ;)

bombBoogie

bombBoogie

Awards
  • Established
Agree'd on Websters Hall

and yes they are doing something in brooklyn bridge area. I took noticed on how many parked campers they have near the courts. What movie are they shooting for?

notable places to visit; saint marks place, union square

bombBoogie

bombBoogie

Awards
  • Established
actually, I just found it.
the movie is called ' I am Legend '

Tag line :

When you're the last of the uninfected, you can only count on yourself.

Let the morning come. Dear God, let the morning come.

Australian made

Australian made

Awards
  • Established
I recommend going downtown to the seaport Battery Park area during the late afternoon evening part of the day.

These are fantastic day cruises:
Circle Line New York around Manhattan sightseeing tours

These are fantastic as well:
Welcome to New York Water Taxi

A walk across the Brooklyn Bridge at night that time of the year would be fantastic.

I'm not a club kind of guy:
New York Bar and Night Club Recommendations and Reviews on Citysearch
Thanks mate, big help! The day cruises sounds pretty cool. Hopefully its warmed up a bit by April, although from what i've seen on the telly its not as cold as usual in NY.

and i've been told about the Brooklyn Brdge thing as well so thats definitely on the agenda. i here Will Smith is camping out there at the moment. Most expensive movie scene ever or something...crazy money.

Australian made

Australian made

Awards
  • Established
Dancer, eh? Alright. I'm more of a bar guy... clubs weird me out. I'd say the Upper East has a few things, but nothing that special (a bit more residential). I've been to a few clubs in the lower east and west just make sure you know what you're walking into (watch out for the gay bars... you'll realize your in one immediately... I think I saw Jay and dsade there once).

Anyway, you really can't go wrong other than that. There are Soooooo many to choose from, I can't remember off the top of my head. Sorry for being so vague, but Manhattan really has a ton of great places!! Good luck.

HL

Sounds like a can't go wrong with Manhattan so i'll have to pay that place a little visit.....i'll beware of the gay bars, i live in London which is gay central so my gaydar is pretty good now.

thx again.

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
actually, I just found it.
the movie is called ' I am Legend '

Tag line :

When you're the last of the uninfected, you can only count on yourself.

Let the morning come. Dear God, let the morning come.
It's an old vampire novel, Willy boy must be playing the main character, the only man in the world left who is not a vampire. Good book, I'm going to have to mark this as a must see.