X-box or Playstation 2

good_guye28

Awards
  • Established
what do you feel is the best gaming system, best game and where do you find them cheap!!!!

i have an xbox and about 20 games, while i was deployed to the Pentagon that is mostly what i did in my off time.

ghost recon ....... BAD ASS!!!!
Halo...... Great game but i wish you could play online.

spike1205

Awards
I hear that new game brute force has some great online stuff going on too

Matthew D

Awards
  • Established
I have seen the Mechwarrior games for Playstation and the Xbox, now they look good on both. I used to play those on the computer, kick ass.

Biggs

Awards
  • Established
PC guy these days, but PS2 has the better overall library of games without a doubt... you can buy all kinds of great games, new, for 20 dollars... talkin classics here (GT3, Twisted Metal Black, plenty of others)... better sports stuff too if you're into that. I'd say PS2, then, when you buy your PS3 like Jake said you'll have backwards compatability :D

windwords7

Awards
  • Established
I play A LOT of my games on my PC as well.

NPursuit

Awards
  • Established
PS2 hands down. Everyone I know that bought the xbox wishes they bought a PS2. Computer games are great too, but you need a $3000 system to really enjoy them. I decided to go with the 36" screen and massive surround system.

You can't beat Vice City for the PS2. Especially when you need to take out some aggression.

Dio

Awards
I've been thinking about this for a while now. I'm leaning towards PS2 just cuz I want to play Vice City.

Irishman

Awards
PS2 hands down. Everyone I know that bought the xbox wishes they bought a PS2.
That's a rediculous statement. As an owner of both platforms, I always recommend the x-box over the PS2. The only advantage to the PS2 is the larger library of games to choose from, BUT games for the x-box continue to be pumped out right and left...trust me, there is no shortage of games for the x-box. I think the PS2 is a good system, and I enjoy playing it; however, the x-box, clearly, is a better gaming system - that is if you are concerned about things like graphics, gaming speed, AI, internal memory, better online gaming, etc...

NPursuit

Awards
  • Established
Originally posted by Irishman

That's a rediculous statement. As an owner of both platforms, I always recommend the x-box over the PS2. The only advantage to the PS2 is the larger library of games to choose from, BUT games for the x-box continue to be pumped out right and left...trust me, there is no shortage of games for the x-box. I think the PS2 is a good system, and I enjoy playing it; however, the x-box, clearly, is a better gaming system - that is if you are concerned about things like graphics, gaming speed, AI, internal memory, better online gaming, etc...

If you are going to insult my OPINION than at least spell check before you reply.

good_guye28

Awards
  • Established
i cannot wait for Halo 2 to come out and go online, does anyone know exactly when its due to go on sale?

AlexParty

It's quite simple. XBOX, why? I have all the systems you can think of. PSX2 was good, but it slowly moving down, Xbox has all the benefits, plus it's DVD quality is 10x's better. The graphics are ritcher and the sound is better. It's a FUTURE system, PSX2 is getting old. As a matter of fact thier coming out with PSX3 and I think but dont quote me, XBOX2. trust me, I loove PSX2 but if your gonna get a system go with XBOX.

blm9376

PS2 has more games to choose from, but as far as capabilities and specifications, XBOX dominates everything. Hell the video card in Xbox is better than most peoples PC's.