BAD SLEEP - messing me up

scrilla

Awards
This really is messing me up. My days drag and im stressing over the fact that im not sleeping. I go to bed between 10-11pm and have no problem falling asleep at all. I also take a nap during the day for about 15-20 minutes. Every single night for the past few weeks, i been getting up at 330am even if i go to bed at midnight same thing. My clock is screwed up. I've tried all kinds of herbs and sleeping aids recently sleepmd and nothing has helped at all. Im having a hard time clearing up mind before i sleep so there has got to be something to help me clear my mind. Sometimes i have to pee and other times i just look at my cell phone for the time and go back to sleep

No i dont have any kids nor a girlfriend stressing me out. I dont take any stims. The only supps im taking is whey, multi, fish oil, bcaa, and activate. i have tried sleepmd, adaptagens, melatonin, usplabs rem, zma for sleep, friend hooked me up with some Temazepam and nothing. I'll have crazy dreams and when i do wake up during the night, im tired as heck and can barely keep my eyes open, and sometimes i have a hard time falling right back asleep as i toss and turn.

I feel asleep at 1030 last nite and woke up at 315 this morning. i've been up since and its 515

bpmartyr

bpmartyr

Snuggle Club™ mascot
Awards
  • Established
I know for me personally, when I am doing regular cardio sessions I sleep like a baby with little interuption. My 2 cc's

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Maybe you should do some research on the matter. There is a lot out there.
Sleep problems - insomnia - Better Health Channel.

Home remedies for transient insomnia
Reducing anxiety and sticking to a day-night routine can improve sleep quality. Suggestions include:

* Don’t nap during the day.
Sleep Disorders

"Laboratory tests have shown that daytime naps disrupt normal nighttime sleep. Although many people feel like napping between 2 and 4 p.m. (siesta time), most sleep better if they don't nap during the day. Naps should not be used as a substitute for poor sleep at night. However, there are exceptions to this general rule. Many older people, in particular, do sleep better at night when they take daytime naps. But if you are a napper who sleeps poorly at night, your nighttime sleep might improve if you skip the naps."

Force of Green

Force of Green

Awards
  • Established
Maybe you should do some research on the matter. There is a lot out there.
It's worth a shot to try and see if eliminating the nap will improve your nighttime quality of sleep. I've read studies that go both ways on this matter and some psychologist's I've learned under have been teaching the benefits of taking a 15-30 minute power nap to break up the day and revitalize. You could also try meditation. There is much difference between resting and sleeping.
Instead of relying on supplements to mask the symptom (like most Western-Medicine pharmaceuticals), find the source of the problem. Are you in good cardiovascular shape? Do you workout too late in the day? How is your diet phasing towards the end of the night?

A good wakeup is crucial as is a good 'winding-down' period before bed. Most American's seem to drag ass in the morning even if they do get restorative sleep. Instead, try doing 5 minutes of mixed exercise like jumping jacks, dance aerobics, pushups and situps, etc. and then start your day after a complete breakfast.

I don't reccommend alcohol as a sedative, but I'm going to start drinking a glass or two of wine with my last meal at night (usually chicken or steak and a salad with some good fats from walnuts). I know that it's good to take time to yourself and think deeply on what is getting you anxious... besides the anxiety of falling and staying asleep. Do you take caffeine or stims? ....

There are several ways of lucid dream induction and incubation that help one get in touch with himself/herself during REM sleep and tend to promote better sleep phase entries. Go to a Barnes and Noble or Library and hang out and read up on this... or surf the net. The forementioned is better and funner.

Also, when you wake up throughout the night, don't get aggitated because you woke up. Sometimes breaks in sleep phases can be healthy and promote deeper, more restful sleep. Maybe you suffer from hypertension? You should definitely see you doctor.

Have you detoxed? If so, how long? Try a detox and rid your body of all the gunk it has accumulated over time. I am overdue for a detox! I remember my first detox was 2 years ago, and man was I pouring out some sludge I had no idea was in there! I felt so ALIVE and lost a hell of a lot of weight after the detox because my body was so much more efficient.

Talk to your physician and if you decide to use prescription meds... so be it, but use it for short term. Get to the root of the problem!

scrilla

Awards
i dont take stims nor do i drink. I have never detox before so do you have a reccomendation for 1? Im pretty lean already and i eat pretty well

so far

monday night - i did not take a nap. stopped fluid intake around 8pm. i went to bed at 10. took some sleepmd which contains melatonin and other herbs. i slept right thru for 6.5 hours. was great but never slept that long in a while and felt groggy when i got up

tuesday night - i did not take a nap. no fluids after 8pm. went to bed at 10 again with sleepmd. i woke up at 238am too pee, then slept on and off for the rest of the time to get up at 7

now im gonna try not drinking any fluids after 7. i do workout around 8am which i notice the non sleeping makes me feel funny and a little dizzy at times. i am no longer taking naps and will probably start listening to meditation music to help clear my mind around 930pm and sleep at 10

ITHURTZ

ITHURTZ

Awards
  • Established
if I take a 5min nap anytime during the day I am SCREWED for the night. double dose sleeping pills works wonders for me:)

DmitryWI

DmitryWI

I know nothing...
Awards
  • Established
Learn to meditate, clear your mind from stress and all **** you're thinking before you go to bed.

ITHURTZ

ITHURTZ

Awards
  • Established
anyone try to go to bed, then start thinking about something and get pissed. Then your laying in bed sweating and your hearts racing? Man I hate when I do that to myself

DmitryWI

DmitryWI

I know nothing...
Awards
  • Established
anyone try to go to bed, then start thinking about something and get pissed. Then your laying in bed sweating and your hearts racing? Man I hate when I do that to myself
This is exactly what I'm talking about. People start thinking some **** and then can't sleep or get crazy dreams or wake up in the middle of the night.
Let everything go, relax. Your problems still be there when you wake up, at least you will deal with them after good night of sleep. :)