Car Audio freaks wanted

NPursuit

Awards
  • Established
Hey guys I'm looking to upgrade my amp and I knew there were some car audio guys in here. 

Currently I'm running an Alpine V12 (forget the model but she's a biggy).  It originally sold for $900.  That is pushing two Kicker Solo Baric 12s.  I was thinking of going with a JL Audio 800 watt but I'm looking for other opinions.  What would be the nastiest amp I could get?

Zack

Awards
go to the corner of 23rd and Oak behind the Albertsons. You'll see a black van knock twice and clap your hands at the back door. Tell them Zack sent you. They will hook you up with top of the line **** as long as people in the town are rolling around with it in there cars... you don't care about serial numbers do you?:p

windwords7

Awards
  • Established
jonblaze is an audiohead. He knows a bunch of stuff about that.

Kitchen Chemist

Awards
  • Established
Why not go with a class D amp? My jbl puts out 1200 + RMS and got it cheap as hell.

NPursuit

Awards
  • Established
Originally posted by Kitchen Chemist
Why not go with a class D amp? My jbl puts out 1200 + RMS and got it cheap as hell.

Thats what I was looking at. 

Just looking for some good brand and model recommendations.  Those solo barics should be able to handle just about anything.

Care about serial #s no not really lol, but when you can get legit stuff for half the cost why bother messing with stolen ****.

Kitchen Chemist

Awards
  • Established
I personally would never buy stolen **** unless i knew it was stolen from a store or truck or something. Theft from vechiles is heartless and i've been in fights with former friends who broke into vechicles and stolen system parts. All a bunch of f'n crack heads needing a fix is the way i look at it.

JBL is a good name and you can't go wrong with the price, use an external crossover if you wish as the one on it isn't the greatest.

Kitchen Chemist

Awards
  • Established
Oh ya, i'm running two infinity perfect 10's with the amp, been using it for over a year with zero probs.

ralph4u2c

ralph4u2c

Awards
  • Established
depends what u want to spend, jl amps are very nice but damn expensive. my brother has the 500x1 and 300x4 and the 1000x1 JL and they are damn good but id say for cheaper and pushes just as hard or harder is Rockfords amps. if you want to push 2 squares id get a bd1500 for about 500$ online. you may also want to look into getting the kicker amp, kicker has some nice amps as well.

as far as hella cheap amps go, only one i found that wasnt shitty and thats lanzar. they are not that bad and hella cheap. id def. go wit rockford no doubt.

all rockford as well as jl are measured on a 6v battery instead of 12v like our car pushes, making them push 100-600w+ more than that say they do. id also check ebay, they got some badass deals as well as www.discountjungle.net

ralph4u2c

ralph4u2c

Awards
  • Established
kitchen chemist, im going get my car or truck next week or so. i was thinking a firebird/trans am or a dakota r/t 5.9v8 w/ a supercharger. that icon you have, is that the cervinis body kit because if i get a dakota thats what ill put on it w/ 20s and 4'6 drop. i love the cirvinis body kit for the dakota... good ****.

if i get the firebird ill start off with a touchscreen indash, 2 headrest tvs, and 5" rearview tv w/ 2 squares and some tint and exhaust.

NPursuit

Awards
  • Established
Cool thanks guys! I'm a fan of Rockford and I've had quite a bit of their stuff over the years. I was just always under the impression they pound hard but they aren't the cleanest sounding.

So it looks like maybe I can get out of this for just a little more money than I plan on selling my current amp.

Even though I love nasty systems and I've always had one at home and in my vehicle I've been out of the loop for a while so I wanted to get some up to date (non salesman) advice.

ralph4u2c

ralph4u2c

Awards
  • Established
Originally posted by Kitchen Chemist
Oh ya, i'm running two infinity perfect 10's with the amp, been using it for over a year with zero probs.
aww i just read this, you got the kappa perfects ?!? im about to hook 2 perfects in my friends truck but the 12s and in a ported box with a bd1500. gonna SLAM. he also got infinity highs. he bought a 95 ford 1500 v8 in nice condition but it was reposessed for 1200$!! and a boat included w/ a mercury 175. so his dad said he can spend up to 6 grand on his truck (hes rich anyway) so we gonna do everything. sound, fiberglass his hood, new front end, shave the 3rd break light and door handles and back lights, then paint outside and inside. tweed as interior with a 4'6 drop on 20" rims. then well bag and put tvs in it. hopefully have it all done but the bags before summer.

NPursuit

Awards
  • Established
Kitchen I hear ya man. Two things in life you don't do **** with a man's car and a man's women.

I got my trusty 357 sig in case someone gets tempted though.

Kitchen Chemist

Awards
  • Established
Ralph,
I got perfect 10's and the perfect's 6.5 components. Pretty nice blend, made a custom fiberglass box and it fits in under the back seats. Pics are of the cevinis kit, i got a 2001 dakota ext cab, not an r/t i f'n wish!!!!
Dakotas are the nicest truck out (not fullsize) but i'm gonna sell it and buy a SUV. You're young and i think that is a good vechicle as i got mind before i turned 18 but our winters are bad and mine doesn't have 4WD. Good luck with your purchase, pm your email and i'll send you some pics of the install.

Zack

Awards
All that stuff about stolen goods.. I was just being a smart ass. Sorry

dito

Awards
  • Established
Cool thanks guys! I'm a fan of Rockford and I've had quite a bit of their stuff over the years. I was just always under the impression they pound hard but they aren't the cleanest sounding.
If you want clean sounding Id go with Ample Audio they are a fairly new company but sound so nice. Their class X amps are very clean. Nice power too. The subs sound good too very accurate. Im not a kicker fan.

jweave23

Awards
  • Established
I used to design and install custom car audio systems, speaking of. IMO I would go with Rockford Fosgate, can't go wrong. I use them and Orion subs with Canton components (like MB Quart basically) and love it. Infinity is great too, and their Perfect line is stellar. Good luck with it bro, and my one piece of advice: never ever skimp on the wiring ;)

Kitchen Chemist

Awards
  • Established
Good luck with it bro, and my one piece of advice: never ever skimp on the wiring ;)
No kidding bro, that **** gets expensive though. I used 1/0 ga power wire to d-block then 4ga to amps and 12ga speaker wire from mids to cross, tweets to cross, and then cross to amp. At a lil over $1 a foot speaker wire gets expensive. I used all gold terminals for install (stinger) but used welding cable for power wire as it was a lot cheaper :cool:

NPursuit

Awards
  • Established
Originally posted by jweave23
I used to design and install custom car audio systems, speaking of. IMO I would go with Rockford Fosgate, can't go wrong. I use them and Orion subs with Canton components (like MB Quart basically) and love it. Infinity is great too, and their Perfect line is stellar. Good luck with it bro, and my one piece of advice: never ever skimp on the wiring ;)

I hear ya on the wiring.  I have never skimped on that.  Just the money on wiring my home system alone was outrageous but well worth it.

Think the rockford 1000w x1 would work well with those solo barics?  I wish I new what my current amp was pushing for power.  Any ideas?  It's the Alpine V12 it's about 2 feet long.

Sir Foxx

Sir Foxx

Awards
  • Established
I'm pushing a brand new 15" LD7 Solobaric with an brand new American Legacy Diamond2080(2400w/MAX x 1, 1000W/continous x 1). I'm pounding my vehicle(97' Nissan Pathfinder) so hard that I had to use that spray foam in all of the inner spaces to keep everything from coming apart. The amp cost $174 with shipping on Ebay. Just lookup American Legacy and it is the biggest amp they have.

NPursuit

Awards
  • Established
BetterAudio
1500w for $325 lol damn!

Anyone else heard of these amps?

mauibuilt

Awards
  • Established
recommended brands:
Loud:
audiobahn subs
digital designs subs

Clarity:
jl 12w6v2 if can't afford the w7's
eclipse titaniums
image dynamics

Amps:
jl 1000.1 very expensive, probably the best amp in the >$1000 range, if wanna go wild get Macintosh.
crossfire 1000d if want a D series amp
rockford bd1000 or 1500.1 (best of both worlds)
soundstream got some clean amps, expensive and needs current

ralph4u2c

ralph4u2c

Awards
  • Established
you cant go wrong with rockford, i would definately go with the bd or power series ... any rockford amp is damn worth it. i used to not like kicker until their new amps and sqaures came out, then they impressed me. as far as legacy... its ****. another thing my friend got was some orion subs that were impressive and fit in a small box and one of my best friends just put 2 of those bazooka triangles subs w/ a rockford punch 500. all i have to say it damn, they impressed me even though i hate bazooka, i had to admit they sounds nice.

ill prob. get a bd1500 because i get them cheap :D but yes a bd1000 pushing 2 squares ... o my yes.

jweave23

Awards
  • Established
Originally posted by ralph4u2c
you cant go wrong with rockford, i would definately go with the bd or power series ... any rockford amp is damn worth it. i used to not like kicker until their new amps and sqaures came out, then they impressed me. as far as legacy... its ****.
Agreed! I've heard all of them many ways and still prefer Fosgate to all (although Orion and Kicker amps pushed down to 1ohm are nasty!) Legacy is cheap and dirty wattage IMO.

Chemo

Chemo

Brewing Anabolic Minds
Awards
  • Established
Looks like we have some audiophiles in here as well (actually, bass-philes but whatever). ;)

For me, MB Quart separates and C-Vega subs (2x10") coming off an old Orion HCCA amp bridged to 2 OHM filtered through an Alpine x-over. Also, I have a load capacitor (2 m-farad) so the lights don't dim on heavy bass hits.

Keep in mind that I have a 6 year old daughter so I rarely get to crank up the Ozzy anymore...but my Caddy still rocks when I want it to ;)

Chemo

ralph4u2c

ralph4u2c

Awards
  • Established
Originally posted by Chemo
Looks like we have some audiophiles in here as well (actually, bass-philes but whatever). ;)

For me, MB Quart separates and C-Vega subs (2x10") coming off an old Orion HCCA amp bridged to 2 OHM filtered through an Alpine x-over. Also, I have a load capacitor (2 m-farad) so the lights don't dim on heavy bass hits.

Keep in mind that I have a 6 year old daughter so I rarely get to crank up the Ozzy anymore...but my Caddy still rocks when I want it to ;)

Chemo
wtfffff pops is driving the caddy bumping eh ?! :D only thing ive heard hit harder than a jl w7 was the squares, poweraukustic mofos (badass speakers), and the stroker series cerwin vegas. stroker's have been my favorite comp. speaker since i got into the ****, although its in very few peoples price range.

im going listen to the new Kicker X which holds 10000w max, their new comp. speaker, at an audio place. they are BADASS i heard. they are hooking up 4 bd1500 to push it. heard the thing slams out this world. cant wait

NPursuit

Awards
  • Established
Well it looks like I'll be going with Rockford. The Alpine used to slam real hard but I had it in a jeep and it was only a foot away from me. Those subs would make my windskield wipers bounce off the windshield. It just isn't enough for me in the trunk now. I'm going to stick with the factory highs for now. I have the 8 speaker monsoon setup in there, and a pretty sweet kenwood excelon deck.

T-Bar

Awards
I have 2 lanzar 1200D's that I got for 230.00 each at www.thezeb.com. They run cool as hell at 1 ohm even when it's real hot outside. For subs I have 2 15" Adire audio Brahmas. They're the best sounding subs I've ever heard and I've heard JL W7's.

tommy_69

Awards
I agree with everything below :) I Had DD9515 with crossfire 1000d's cant beat it with a cannon :) ... enjoy

recommended brands:
Loud:
audiobahn subs
digital designs subs

Clarity:
jl 12w6v2 if can't afford the w7's
eclipse titaniums
image dynamics

Amps:
jl 1000.1 very expensive, probably the best amp in the >$1000 range, if wanna go wild get Macintosh.
crossfire 1000d if want a D series amp
rockford bd1000 or 1500.1 (best of both worlds)
soundstream got some clean amps, expensive and needs current

ralph4u2c

ralph4u2c

Awards
  • Established
Originally posted by T-Bar
I have 2 lanzar 1200D's that I got for 230.00 each at www.thezeb.com. They run cool as hell at 1 ohm even when it's real hot outside. For subs I have 2 15" Adire audio Brahmas. They're the best sounding subs I've ever heard and I've heard JL W7's.
haha i told you man, them lanzars are cheap as hell and they not 1/2 bad. they like 100$ for a 1000w amp and push it. i know someone who got the 1800w amp and put 2 sqaures on em and it pushes the hell out of them.

JBlaze

JBlaze

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I missed this thread.....

IM me at jonblaze639!

car audio is my ****. I do comps, install systems, and a member of 3 car audio forums..lol =)

JBlaze

JBlaze

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
BetterAudio
1500w for $325 lol damn!

Anyone else heard of these amps?
yeah i have, BE is a new company, they haven't even put out their first sub yet, it's on preorder.

you want the best amp possible-
edesignaudio.com look at the banners, call that number and ask a price quote on the avionixx 1200.2, they have a crazy sale right now, it's a $750 amp, i think they have it for under $300.

i think mine benched at 1397watts RMS, its supposed to do 1200 but it's underrated.

Same as the jbl1200.2, i got one of those too, gave it to my girl though, real solid amp.

heh, i had kappa perfects a while back, then upgraded to the adire audio brahma, now running E15A's pretty soon. =)

JBlaze

JBlaze

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
lolol, love the brahmas!! just got rid of my mine, stupid tinsel slap. ever been metered?

JBlaze

JBlaze

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Current setup

Hu: Kenwood Z-910DVD
Multimedia: Audiovox 10.5" flipdown screen
Comps: 6.5" CDT HD's
Comp amp: Avionixx 400.2
Subs: 2 E15A's
Sub amps: 2 avionixx 1200.2